Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Hey altjx.... is your car lowerd?? If so what did you use FP springs??
Hey man, nope. I have the stock springs in the car. Btw what part of Louisiana are you in?

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

Sponsored

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I keep shopping for new wheels.....this might get expensive!
Depends on what you want and if you are looking for track use. There are not many options for our cars as the ROI for the aftermarket is just not there. Good Luck!!!!

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
bought super glue so i can put the back badge back on....i closed the trunk last week and it just fell off LOL........Ford quality

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Ford will put a new black panel on that has the emblem on it under warranty. Its a snap on panel with a couple screws.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Ford will put a new black panel on that has the emblem on it under warranty. Its a snap on panel with a couple screws.
And better to have it done under warranty, as the part - the gloss black plastic panel with the silver non-R badge - retails for around $938. Best price I've been quoted for a replacement to add to a second trunk lid I put together with an R wing is $615. Definitely priced to keep these out of the hands of all but the most insistent non-GT350 owners.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
And better to have it done under warranty, as the part - the gloss black plastic panel with the silver non-R badge - retails for around $938. Best price I've been quoted for a replacement to add to a second trunk lid I put together with an R wing is $615. Definitely priced to keep these out of the hands of all but the most insistent non-GT350 owners.
curious where you picked up the extra trunk and how difficult it was? i don't see those being sold anywhere used

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
curious where you picked up the extra trunk and how difficult it was? i don't see those being sold anywhere used
Found a guy who was parting out a 2015 PPGT (no spoiler) and bought the complete rear trunk lid from him for $350. It was Guard Green, so we had to respray it Shadow Black. Before doing that, I drilled it for a Carbon2Carbon R wing. This allowed me to save my original trunk lid as a complete unit for reinstallation someday if I tire of the really cool R wing. The new lid has a take off trim panel that I found on eBay with a decent emblem that looks like the old-school "Powered by Ford" that was used on the '60s Cobra. But, I really want the original panel and emblem, so bit the bullet and ordered the replacement for $615 from the dealer where I bought my GT350.

Also, the new lid was an easy bolt on with just four nuts. Since all the adjustment is done where the hinges mount to the body, all I did was take off the original lid and reinstall the new one. Fit like a glove.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I packed mine up with most all the take-off parts. Carrier comes tomorrow to pick it up and take it to it's new owner in Missouri.

:(

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Found a guy who was parting out a 2015 PPGT (no spoiler) and bought the complete rear trunk lid from him for $350. It was Guard Green, so we had to respray it Shadow Black. Before doing that, I drilled it for a Carbon2Carbon R wing. This allowed me to save my original trunk lid as a complete unit for reinstallation someday if I tire of the really cool R wing. The new lid has a take off trim panel that I found on eBay with a decent emblem that looks like the old-school "Powered by Ford" that was used on the '60s Cobra. But, I really want the original panel and emblem, so bit the bullet and ordered the replacement for $615 from the dealer where I bought my GT350.

Also, the new lid was an easy bolt on with just four nuts. Since all the adjustment is done where the hinges mount to the body, all I did was take off the original lid and reinstall the new one. Fit like a glove.

So about as much work as i was expecting lol. It looks really good, and that may be my favorite wing of the bunch. Not gonna lie though, i’ve Been temped to just go arkansas on mine and rub a little clear on the holes and put some kind of rubber in there...but it’d bug me not being “clean” every time i saw the rear end