Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Off topic but since there are some FL folks here ill post it up.

Generators are in short supply. I found this 800 Watt power inverter at O Riley for $80. Hooked it up to my car battery and i can confirm it will run a large household refrigerator. Good alternative for emergency AC power independent of a generator.

Good luck !!
20170906_201607.jpg
Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Good thought, but how long will that battery run a fridge?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Good thought, but how long will that battery run a fridge?
More importantly, will the alternator support the load. I have deep cycle batteries and inverters as well as a natural gas powered generator.

That said, I still think this is going to suck.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
thoughts are with you guys. stay safe.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
thoughts are with you guys. stay safe.
Obviously this, I don't even know what to say to everybody effected by Harvey and now this next monster that is coming. Except for what he said, stay as safe as you can and protect your families as best you can. It's been said a million times, but material things really are replaceable and people are not.

Get out if you can and good luck. Keep us updated when you guys get the chance to.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yeah - we're in a flood zone here. The house is elevated but the garage is not. The first time we flooded - I didn't know exactly what to expect. I put the cars on jackstands and it worked out. I don't think that would be enough this round. The plan is to move my cars into a private parking garage (7th floor) at work on Friday, if it looks like we will see much impact. Gulf Coast, on Tampa Bay.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Yeah - we're in a flood zone here. The house is elevated but the garage is not. The first time we flooded - I didn't know exactly what to expect. I put the cars on jackstands and it worked out. I don't think that would be enough this round. The plan is to move my cars into a private parking garage (7th floor) at work on Friday, if it looks like we will see much impact. Gulf Coast, on Tampa Bay.
Good luck man. My sister and brother in law just moved to Tampa from Gainesville. Not sure what their plans are.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
More importantly, will the alternator support the load. I have deep cycle batteries and inverters as well as a natural gas powered generator.

That said, I still think this is going to suck.
Its an 800 W inverter.

I am going to use a small "beer refrig" that has a load of 100W. I was gonna use the refrig and intermittently run the car to charge the batt back up.

12V Deep cycle marine battery that is 65 amp-hours = 780 watt hours

100 Watt refrig so 780 Watt-Hr / 100 Watt = 7.8 hours run time in a perfect world.

Prolly closer to 6hrs.

Like I said I will run the car occasionally to keep the battery up.

Yes tomster after this I am having a whole home gas generator put in.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Standard generator eat so much fuel at least 15 gallon a day, then problem finding gas, last time even if gas station was open the computers were down pumps won't work. Had to find station that took cash. Filling up two 55 gallon drums of fuel got me heckled at pump thought it was going to get nasty. Cell towers even if they had power didn't matter because the ATT network that feeds them was down. So only real solution was large propane tank then hope that you can get refill in two/three weeks out. This time if hits miami hard and doesn't move out to sea. I'll just drive out to nice hotel and watch the news.

Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
After hurricane Andrew we had to make a rule in our community not to run generators after 10 pm, we had enough bad folks roaming around and if u needed help u couldn't hear anything, we told our neighbors to blow a whistle, air horn or car horn. We had a couple of the guys volunteer to take shifts and walk or drive the community. There was no law enforcement and many neighbors left making it easy for looters and squatters. We had no power for 6 weeks, finding gas for generators was a challenge. Now many of our gas stations and grocery stores have back up generators. I only hope and pray this is just a fire drill and she shifts east enough to not be a full Monty impact!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Its an 800 W inverter.

I am going to use a small "beer refrig" that has a load of 100W. I was gonna use the refrig and intermittently run the car to charge the batt back up.

12V Deep cycle marine battery that is 65 amp-hours = 780 watt hours

100 Watt refrig so 780 Watt-Hr / 100 Watt = 7.8 hours run time in a perfect world.

Prolly closer to 6hrs.

Like I said I will run the car occasionally to keep the battery up.

Yes tomster after this I am having a whole home gas generator put in.
Figure about 5k for the unit (20kw) and another 5k for installation (gas and electric) a 10k proposition.

I said that last time too, but the $$ went toward replacing my back yard which was washed away.

To get through this one, I have a natural gas service and can run a 6000w generator indefinitely. It will run my downstairs mini split (2 ton AC), refrigerator, lights, computers, etc. I have enough of everything for about two weeks.

Let's hope the computer models keep it going east out to sea far enough to minimize loss of life and damage.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Wow, in our area the cost of a reasonable sized propane generator as a permanent install was 30k and up. Went with a gas powered 15kW, that surges to 23kW. Spilt my house service in two, so I can run either side as needed, have 50 gallons of gas to ration until more available in the event we need it. Turned freezer and refrigerator down.
Charged the battery on generator, and cranked it up.
Made sure kitchen propane tank full as well as grill tanks.
Pray it jogs east and stays off shore, too many bad Andrew memories!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Just leaving Augusta for Myrtle Beach. Mustang Week might be a bit sparse this year. E350 extended van is loaded up with MGW hardware too. Probably should have made up some "shifters for food" signs just in case.

rotnroby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 2500 Denali 2017 H2254 gt350
I picked up my H2254 from the dealer with her 2nd motor
Track day next Saturday, that should tell the tale
Tried new opg's in may but that dident work
Sponsored