Sponsored

What did you do to your EU S550 Mustang Today

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Nice one, I did the same thing a few months ago. After my steering wheel the best mod to date.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"

Sponsored

nr.09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost Fastback
Any particular reason not to have red LEDs here?
just liked the amber color on the car so I wanted to keep it, doesn’t have to be all American after all :cwl:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Did my first ever oil change on a car, and the second oil change during the lifetime of my Mustang. First at 1,600km, this one at almost 8,000 km, and 5% oil life remaining. First time I've had a car I care enough about to do things like this myself. Sliding under a 2 ton car supported by jack stands for the first time is a bit more daunting than leaning a < 200 kg motorbike on the sidestand to change the oil, but followed the excellent tutorial from Kairojya at https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-diy-oil-change.58639/. It's for the GT 350, but worked well for me on my GT 5.0 too.

Used 4 jack stands rated at 3 ton per pair (https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0753MMRN7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1), so 6 ton in total, and hopefully the car will not come crashing down on me in the future either.
Invested in a hydraulic jack (https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00YCNEZL6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), which I've not used before, but which made jacking the car up a lot easier than with my scissor jack. I did not think to check the minimum height of the jack before buying it, and turned out it cannot fit under the car near the front tires, but had to move it closer to the middle of the under carriage, jacking up both the front and back at the same time.

20200725_182205.jpg
Also got one of these: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07FW7SLZP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, which worked well for sliding around under the car.

Used a few hours, but things went ok without too much spillage and will be faster next time.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
It was like a Porsche club at the track yesterday. Except for a BMW M3, an AMG GT (you can see it in the photo), a KTM X-Bow, and myself, all other cars were various Porsche models.

20220129_123405.jpg

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Leds in the side reflectors
BA82E1B9-7F6D-4188-892B-651A02D2E45A.jpeg
I put those on too as well as the American Muscle LED Diffuser Lights to replace refelctors over the exhaust pipes. I also then couldn't resist the front DRL Fog Light Sequential Turn Signals :

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
I had something done over the weekend to prevent rotting.

It's frightening how the underbody looks after just two years and 16.000 km.
The best thing to do is to have the car treated with proper underbody protection and cavity preservation before the first kilometers.

Unterboden_vorne.jpg
Unterboden.jpg

There I still have to extend the plastic so that the sill ends are also protected.
Problemzone_1.jpg
Problemzone_2.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had something done over the weekend to prevent rotting.

It's frightening how the underbody looks after just two years and 16.000 km.
The best thing to do is to have the car treated with proper underbody protection and cavity preservation before the first kilometers.

Unterboden_vorne.jpg
Unterboden.jpg

There I still have to extend the plastic so that the sill ends are also protected.
Problemzone_1.jpg
Problemzone_2.jpg
What product did they apply ?

WD :like:
Sponsored