Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
So after thinking about the GT350 steering wheel for a while I finally took action. But the GT350 is way too expensive atm and I don't like Alcantara, so I ordered a custom steering wheel.

The company will take a used Mustang wheel and improve it with new leather in the design I wanted, adding thumb bolsters, making it flat-bottomed, etc. I will share pics of the result as soon as I get them from the company. It should be finished around next week :cheers:

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Official one done by my dealer who, at the time of me booking the car in, confirmed Ford has released one. But he did say that Ford only uploads it to the cars if the customers complain... :crazy:

The update makes it smoother (a lot!), quicker and takes away this BS upchanging business to early and unable to kickdown at 180 (4th to 6th then unable to change down to 5th).
Definitely gonna tell this to my garage when I bring her in beginning of september for the first checkin.

Update on yours was done on automatic gearbox right?

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Definitely gonna tell this to my garage when I bring her in beginning of september for the first checkin.

Update on yours was done on automatic gearbox right?
Yes.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
So after thinking about the GT350 steering wheel for a while I finally took action. But the GT350 is way too expensive atm and I don't like Alcantara, so I ordered a custom steering wheel.

The company will take a used Mustang wheel and improve it with new leather in the design I wanted, adding thumb bolsters, making it flat-bottomed, etc. I will share pics of the result as soon as I get them from the company. It should be finished around next week :cheers:
Very curious to see the result! I don't like so much alcantara too (at least on a steering wheel) but I am interested in changing steering wheel just to have another mod to do :D

And if it's cheaper than the GT350 wheel, well good news!

Sponsored

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT

As Papinist said, that's really interesting. I have a second steering wheel laying on my desk waiting to have the money to make something great on it :D

I'm still interested on the Carbon Dynamics steering wheel but if yours looks better, then I need to think about it :thumbsup:

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
As i have the GT350 wheel, i must say that the grip is phenominal. The standard wheel leaves a lot to be desired in terms of quality i think. Of course, Alcantara is not to everyones taste (i would never consider it for the seats).

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
As i have the GT350 wheel, i must say that the grip is phenominal. The standard wheel leaves a lot to be desired in terms of quality i think. Of course, Alcantara is not to everyones taste (i would never consider it for the seats).
At the opposite, I had alcantara on the seats of my previous car (Alfa Romeo GT) and I miss it so much! These leather seats we have are the worst thing of the whole car: cold in winter and hot in summer (please do not mention the cooled\heated seats function.. 600 eur in the trash can).
My alcantara seats were never too hot or too cold, you can't scratch them and remained perfect until I sold the car :ninja:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
The software update has made wonders to the gearbox! It now changes the gears extremely smooth (cant actually feel them now), no hesitation on kickdown and no more of that "lets change up two gears instead of one at 180" :D

Absolutely brilliant and its a completely different car to drive!
Official one done by my dealer who, at the time of me booking the car in, confirmed Ford has released one. But he did say that Ford only uploads it to the cars if the customers complain... :crazy:

The update makes it smoother (a lot!), quicker and takes away this BS upchanging business to early and unable to kickdown at 180 (4th to 6th then unable to change down to 5th).
I'm glad your dealer confirmed what they said to me, that if the update isn't listed on the tech notes as Outstanding Field Service Actions they won't change anything unless there is a complaint. So here I go again, get in A-Hole mode and complain to get my updates :D (anything else software related we can complain about? Sync maybe?

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I have mixed fellings about my GT 350 steering wheel.

It looks great and much more upmarket than the stock one, it's thicker and I do like the flat bottom.

But I don't think Alcantara (at least this one) grips as good as leather, and if you have just a tiny bit of sweaty hands, it's a disaster, you feel the wheel cold and moist all the time...

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
But I don't think Alcantara (at least this one) grips as good as leather, and if you have just a tiny bit of sweaty hands, it's a disaster, you feel the wheel cold and moist all the time...
this is what I was worried about :ninja:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mmm.... maybe it's too much.. ok it's super cool but I always imagine what's the impression after 6 months.. and it will not be so cool again :)
I prefer something more classic, but also sporty. The GT350 is nice with its "D" shape, but I was not so sure about the alcantara.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Oh, this is cool! The perforated leather seems top quality.
Is this the Carbon Dynamics you mentioned earlier?
I don't want to know the price... :ninja:
Sponsored