Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Sweet, I thought it made quite a difference pushing around roundabouts, but I'm not sure whether imagination is a factor. post your thoughts when you have a chance!
Unless you drive on the ragged edge i really think the strut brace is a placebo for the average driver . There are certainly other things to purchase and fit before a brace that will give way better handling value . Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it

Edit : First handling mods has to be some stiffer lowered linear springs and adj shocks followed by wider sticky tyres on the correct width lightweight rims . Probably a handful of other things to add to the handling list before id consider a strut brace especially considering the ridiculous cost of a stiff brace in Aust .
Sponsored

Last edited:

aazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I won't get a chance to drive my Mustang until the weekend, so I won't know until then. My main reason for buying the strut brace was because I think it looks good. I was also a bit disappointed the aussie cars didn't get it so I was happy to stump up the dollars for it. With this and the black wheel nuts I've put on I don't think there will be anymore mods, I'm pretty happy to just drive it from now on.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
With this and the black wheel nuts I've put on I don't think there will be anymore mods.
Just quoting you for future reference ... :giggle:

1685433139160.png

WD :like:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Sweet, I thought it made quite a difference pushing around roundabouts, but I'm not sure whether imagination is a factor. post your thoughts when you have a chance!
This was one of the first mods I made and it definitely made a difference. Where I live there are lots of little round a bouts and it definitely improved front end roll and movement 👍

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
I won't get a chance to drive my Mustang until the weekend, so I won't know until then. My main reason for buying the strut brace was because I think it looks good. I was also a bit disappointed the aussie cars didn't get it so I was happy to stump up the dollars for it. With this and the black wheel nuts I've put on I don't think there will be anymore mods, I'm pretty happy to just drive it from now on.
I'm much the same and mainly want it for aesthetics. I've had trouble finding an OEM one tho.

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you really want to improve your handling I suggest a strut brace plus Steeda stop the hop kit plus Steeda gtrac front brace. You will feel the difference even driving to the shops. Might as well lower it while you’re there.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah it might be a placebo, but between the strut brace and the semi forged 20's and wider tyres I am convinced that the car handles a lot better than stock, especially direction changes which is where I thought it was a touch loosey goosey. That said, driving characteristics have a bit to do with it, maybe as I became more familiar with the car I drove it a bit differently. It really needs the power down with direction changes to get bite and the more power the better.

I definitely dont drive at the ragged edge but twisty roads, corners and roundabouts are where I get the most enjoyment in driving and I do fancy myself a little, after all you can have some fun driving at legal speeds, and being careful. I havent gone for lowering as yet as I dont want to scrape the front, also this car is essentially my ute and gets all the dirty jobs.

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
Mate, the Black Wheel Nuts alone will improve handling by about 25%!

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it might be a placebo, but between the strut brace and the semi forged 20's and wider tyres I am convinced that the car handles a lot better than stock, especially direction changes which is where I thought it was a touch loosey goosey. That said, driving characteristics have a bit to do with it, maybe as I became more familiar with the car I drove it a bit differently. It really needs the power down with direction changes to get bite and the more power the better.

I definitely dont drive at the ragged edge but twisty roads, corners and roundabouts are where I get the most enjoyment in driving and I do fancy myself a little, after all you can have some fun driving at legal speeds, and being careful. I havent gone for lowering as yet as I dont want to scrape the front, also this car is essentially my ute and gets all the dirty jobs.
I get why people do the strut brace , it's an easy DIY job and if it makes you think its quicker thats great . But replacing basic soft stock suspension bushings like control arm , radius rod , top strut mount will take away more suspension flex than a strut brace alone , of course not a job many DIYers can/will tackle . . Just a friendly reminder the biggest flex points on a stock car are not between the strut towers . Take care of the biggest flex points first before the strut brace is where the best tangible benefits will come from #justsaying

Edit : I do have experience in wrenching and tuning on race cars and i did race bikes in my younger years fwiw

And 100% those lighter wider rims and tyres are better than stock no doubt . Stock rims are boat anchors and getting rid of those will tighten up steering responce bigtime . Unsprung weight reduction is a great place to start as well

Cheers

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Finally got around to changing the deck lid and looking better . Fender badges to Black tomorrow if weather is right for paint correction

IMG_20230601_172505.jpg

Last edited:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Finally got around to cleaning the dirty pig......I mean Pony after about 6 weeks of grime 🤘😎🤘
20230603_115635.jpg

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Similar day to Bruce , After early morning cars and coffee got stuck into paint correction and protection . Thorough wash , then a spot buff with menzerna medium cut on existing blemishes , scratches and paint nibs , another wash , allover rotary polish with 3M perfect it ultrafine finishing polish ( highly reccomended product ) . another wash , API wipe and then got about 60% panels done with polish angel master sealant before it got too dark . Super impressed with the PA with a wet look super slick finish . Will get the polish finished tommorow and weather dependant will polish and ceramic coat all the glass .
IMG20230603180545.jpg
IMG20230603174409.jpg
Sponsored