Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

MISCHVOUS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen/Pauline
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT/CS,
Like the '62 Valient. Wonder how different from US versions (other than steering wheel on the wrong side and hood pins). I'm guessing the hood pins hint at 225 slant 6 replaced.

Only pic I have of my mother's '62:

1675461610765.png
I had a U.S. 2 door 1962 Valiant here in Australia. I imported it from Vancouver Washington. The U.S dash/instrument panel is different as is the push buttons for the auto trans selector. The Australian version had the dash and buttons from the '61 Valiant.
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
All my brake cleaning and rust prevention needs are now satisfied for a few years. Today my purchase of 3.8 litres of Hydes Serum Rustopper arrived from Detailing Shed. For my initial use of the Hydes I might take the wheels off and give the rotors a thorough going over.
PXL_20230208_040710130.jpg

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Got the Steeda Triax Street short shift fitted. Had it for a couple of days now and am getting more comfortable with it. First off I don't really understand how just a 1 inch shorter gear lever can make such a big difference!! Having it 1 inch shorter really makes no difference to me as I don’t notice any difference where my hand is when driving compared to it being stock. In neutral the lever is rock solid. The stock lever was solid also but this feels even more so. Not a mm of movement in any direction. Gear changes are very short and positive with a mechanical and precise feel to the changes. I think the 2-3 change “nibble” when cold is gone. Overall it is exactly as Steeda intended but I still don’t know if I like it better than stock because even though the shifts are very positive it takes more effort to change gears. So whereas before I could easily glide into gear, now I have to push firmly to change so not as smooth feeling as before. But I fear if I change back I will miss the shorter throws. Now what I think is completely in my head, I feel the car pulls harder and sounds louder. Crazy I know but that is how it feels to me. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
All my brake cleaning and rust prevention needs are now satisfied for a few years. Today my purchase of 3.8 litres of Hydes Serum Rustopper arrived from Detailing Shed. For my initial use of the Hydes I might take the wheels off and give the rotors a thorough going over.
PXL_20230208_040710130.jpg
You just need the Pressol bottle and label to complete the effect!

Pressol Household Double Action Sprayer 500ml/750ml (detailingshed.com.au)
Obsessed Garage Pressol Household Label (detailingshed.com.au)

IMG_7272.jpg

The Hyde's only stops rust from forming while the rotors are drying after the wash, which is then removed when you apply the brakes next. That means you don't necessarily need to put any prep into its application as its effect is only temporary while the disks are drying. Just mentioning this in case you want to skip the wheels off process.

Reactions: PKs

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
How long does it stay active for ? i.e. would it help to keep disks nice over a winter storage ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
How long does it stay active for ? i.e. would it help to keep disks nice over a winter storage ?

Cheers,

WD :like:
If the car was not driven and stored in a dry environment, then yes it would last the winter. I would have the car positioned where it's going to sit for that period and then apply so that the pads don't wear it off.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
You just need the Pressol bottle and label to complete the effect!

Pressol Household Double Action Sprayer 500ml/750ml (detailingshed.com.au)
Obsessed Garage Pressol Household Label (detailingshed.com.au)

IMG_7272.jpg

The Hyde's only stops rust from forming while the rotors are drying after the wash, which is then removed when you apply the brakes next. That means you don't necessarily need to put any prep into its application as its effect is only temporary while the disks are drying. Just mentioning this in case you want to skip the wheels off process.
I have cross drilled rotors and for a while I have entertained the thought that I would go the extra mile and have a go of getting rid of the rust/discolouration within the holes. Worth the effort at least once to see how it lasts.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Overall it is exactly as Steeda intended but I still don’t know if I like it better than stock because even though the shifts are very positive it takes more effort to change gears. So whereas before I could easily glide into gear, now I have to push firmly to change so not as smooth feeling as before. But I fear if I change back I will miss the shorter throws. Now what I think is completely in my head, I feel the car pulls harder and sounds louder. Crazy I know but that is how it feels to me. Thanks for reading my ramblings.
Give it time to loosen up and get used to it.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have cross drilled rotors and for a while I have entertained the thought that I would go the extra mile and have a go of getting rid of the rust/discolouration within the holes. Worth the effort at least once to see how it lasts.
Wheels off detailing is surprisingly enjoyable......................for me anyway..............so I'm not going to talk you out of it.

You will need an iron remover of some sort for this task (IronX, Purge, Iron Buster ect.), some All-purpose-cleaner and a selection of brushes. Use the APC to clean the plastic fender liners, suspension components ect. Use the iron remover on the braking components. Rinse well to remove the chemical residues.

IMG_9657.jpg

IMG_9658.jpg

If you want to go all in, apply a ceramic coating to the calipers too.

IMG_9644.jpg

IMG_9666.jpg

IMG_9680.jpg

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Fitted the UPR Crankcase Breather & fixed up the battery cover with some OEM clips, after a recent replacement:

PXL_20230225_013504965.jpg

PXL_20230225_013526988.jpg

PXL_20230225_013541179.jpg

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Shout out to Shane at Dominelli's at Kirrawee in Sydney. Just had parts replaced, well out of warranty based on his advice, to claim of Ford HO. Has never batted an eyelid (other than in admiration) of the engine mods and tune. He's happy to talk to all enthusiasts regards dealer work.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Shout out to Shane at Dominelli's at Kirrawee in Sydney. Just had parts replaced, well out of warranty based on his advice, to claim of Ford HO. Has never batted an eyelid (other than in admiration) of the engine mods and tune. He's happy to talk to all enthusiasts regards dealer work.
And this is how a business retains a customer! And guess what, you will tell everyone you know, in theory attracting more customers for them.

h3rdus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2022.25 Fastback GT 10SPD
Second this as well @DRU842 - same dealer here and he's been fantastic about even asking things around strut brace, warranty, which shop he recommends for mods, etc...
Sponsored