Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
1663574013118.png

Is that a RHD specific plate or a LHD plate that appears to be universal ?

I gathered from other older threads (I think in the AUS forum) that the LHD plate wouldn’t fit without modifications and RHD plates weren’t available.

Do you have a link for the type you bought ?

I was considering drawing up and laser cutting a RHD specific plate, but this might save me a lot of work and time … :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
1663574013118.png

Is that a RHD specific plate or a LHD plate that appears to be universal ?

I gathered from other older threads (I think in the AUS forum) that the LHD plate wouldn’t fit without modifications and RHD plates weren’t available.

Do you have a link for the type you bought ?

I was considering drawing up and laser cutting a RHD specific plate, but this might save me a lot of work and time … :like:

Cheers,

When I was test fitting it, I sort of realized that these are primarily designed for LHD cars. You can see there is a little more room for the plate to move to the left, the carpet prevents this.

IMG-5043.jpg

Overall, the fit is fine and looks great.

Amazon Link -
Amazon.com: Mustang Dead Pedal Trim Plate, Stainless Steel, Brushed Satin Finish | fits 2015-2020 Ford Mustang : Automotive

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
I ran into the same issue with the width of the plate when I got mine from American car craft back in 2016,
I took mine to a local sheet metal fabrication shop and ask if he could guillotine about 5 mm off each side, the guy was a bit hesitant to do as he was waiting for a new cutting blade for the guillotine.
Well It didn't quite go to plan instead of the guillotine cutting, it rolled the edge over and the operator was thinking he had ruined it but then I ask him to do the same on the other side.
so the end result turned out better.
In saying that this method may not work for anyone else.

Dead pedal fitted.jpg

ded pedal  fitted2.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I mentioned yesterday that I had a couple of extra touches to add to the Mustang. Well, I got an unexpected delivery this morning. 😃

IMG-5048.jpg

IMG-5049.jpg

IMG-5052.jpg

This has been something I had wanted to add to the engine bay of the Mustang ever since I installed the blue coil covers.

IMG-5054.jpg

Like the Falcon coolant expansion tanks, these tend to discolor over time and start to look a bit tatty. There are countless options for addressing this, including the cover I have here right through to fabricated replacements. What I like about what I have chosen is that it looks factory, carbon fiber looks nice but is just not me.

IMG-5056.jpg

Installation is pretty simple; you need a pair of pliers and an appropriately sized socket. The best bit? I got to play with my new tools!!!! :rockon:

First step is to remove the coolant cap and two hoses attached to the tank. It's recommended to do this job while the engine is cool for obvious reasons.

IMG-5058.jpg

IMG-5059.jpg

IMG-5062.jpg

Then remove the two bolts holding the tank to the vehicle. These two bolts are then replaced with black items supplied in the kit.

IMG-5064.jpg

Next, maneuver the cover over the tank, this is a bit of fiddle to get the correct sequence.

IMG-5067.jpg

I then replaced the two bolts, reattached the cap and the two hoses. Ensure the hoses are pushed as far on as possible while also aligning the marks on the hose to the mark on the tank.

IMG-5069.jpg

IMG-5070.jpg

I just love how this blends into the engine bay as if it was always meant to be there. In fact, Ford actually had the coolant tank presented in a similar fashion for the previous generation Mustang -

2011gt101.jpg

Next, I get a little "nutty"........................

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
When I put the new wheels on the Mustang last year, I reused the factory lug nuts. At the time, it was all about getting the wheels on the car and I wasn't too phased by the chrome setting off against the matte black.

IMG-5078.jpg

However, changing the lugs was something I wanted to do at some stage. The fact these factory lug nuts are known to be troublesome, the chrome jacket on the outside of the nut swells over time and can actually prevent the wheels from being removed. I did not want that situation!

Because these are factory wheels, they need to be paired with a factory style "acorn" lug nut. Despite the unbranded box, these are actually Gorilla items.

IMG-5073.jpg

IMG-5076.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new. Once again, I got to play with my toys......tools. :rockon:

IMG-5093.jpg

IMG-5084.jpg

I had no idea how much different these were going to look, to say I'm pleased with the transformation would be an understatement.

IMG-5096.jpg

IMG-5098.jpg

IMG-5099.jpg

As always, it's all in the "details" with me.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I mentioned yesterday that I had a couple of extra touches to add to the Mustang. Well, I got an unexpected delivery this morning. 😃

IMG-5048.jpg

IMG-5049.jpg

IMG-5052.jpg

This has been something I had wanted to add to the engine bay of the Mustang ever since I installed the blue coil covers.

IMG-5054.jpg

Like the Falcon coolant expansion tanks, these tend to discolor over time and start to look a bit tatty. There are countless options for addressing this, including the cover I have here right through to fabricated replacements. What I like about what I have chosen is that it looks factory, carbon fiber looks nice but is just not me.

IMG-5056.jpg

Installation is pretty simple; you need a pair of pliers and an appropriately sized socket. The best bit? I got to play with my new tools!!!! :rockon:

First step is to remove the coolant cap and two hoses attached to the tank. It's recommended to do this job while the engine is cool for obvious reasons.

IMG-5058.jpg

IMG-5059.jpg

IMG-5062.jpg

Then remove the two bolts holding the tank to the vehicle. These two bolts are then replaced with black items supplied in the kit.

IMG-5064.jpg

Next, maneuver the cover over the tank, this is a bit of fiddle to get the correct sequence.

IMG-5067.jpg

I then replaced the two bolts, reattached the cap and the two hoses. Ensure the hoses are pushed as far on as possible while also aligning the marks on the hose to the mark on the tank.

IMG-5069.jpg

IMG-5070.jpg

I just love how this blends into the engine bay as if it was always meant to be there. In fact, Ford actually had the coolant tank presented in a similar fashion for the previous generation Mustang -

2011gt101.jpg

My engine bay is very clean and looks like it did when I got the car new but yours in on another level. 👏👏👍👍

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course

IMG-5048.jpg

IMG-5049.jpg

IMG-5052.jpg

IMG-5054.jpg

IMG-5056.jpg

IMG-5058.jpg

IMG-5059.jpg

IMG-5062.jpg

IMG-5064.jpg

IMG-5067.jpg

IMG-5069.jpg

IMG-5070.jpg

2011gt101.jpg

Looking good 👍 I notice you have something blue added to the windscreen washer reservoir, what do you use.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Looking good 👍 I notice you have something blue added to the windscreen washer reservoir, what do you use.
Confession : I never use the windscreen wipers, let alone the washer jets! :giggle:

So, I'm guessing this at what is in the reservoir bottle -

Each year, the car is serviced at the Ford dealer. Each year I'm charged, like everyone else I guess, for "windscreen washer fluid". So, the car has been serviced 5 times and that stuff added 5 times. Having never used the washer jets, I would be pretty sure there is more "windscreen washer fluid" in that tank than water itself by now! :facepalm:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
When I put the new wheels on the Mustang last year, I reused the factory lug nuts. At the time, it was all about getting the wheels on the car and I wasn't too phased by the chrome setting off against the matte black.

IMG-5078.jpg

However, changing the lugs was something I wanted to do at some stage. The fact these factory lug nuts are known to be troublesome, the chrome jacket on the outside of the nut swells over time and can actually prevent the wheels from being removed. I did not want that situation!

Because these are factory wheels, they need to be paired with a factory style "acorn" lug nut. Despite the unbranded box, these are actually Gorilla items.

IMG-5073.jpg

IMG-5076.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new. Once again, I got to play with my toys......tools. :rockon:

IMG-5093.jpg

IMG-5084.jpg

I had no idea how much different these were going to look, to say I'm pleased with the transformation would be an understatement.

IMG-5096.jpg

IMG-5098.jpg

IMG-5099.jpg

As always, it's all in the "details" with me.
Yeah I’ve just done this mod in reverse as it’s going in to have its cradle dropped - I will keep my black nuts impact free :

1664141190043.jpeg

After having the black nuts on the car, switching back to silver really made me appreciate this mod again :

1664141285828.jpeg

At least the black pony centre caps are still trying their hardest to minimise the silver look lol

On the upside, a good inspection of the black nuts confirms absolutely zero issues with the coating and they still look as good as new :sunglasses:

1664141414874.jpeg

Can’t wait to get them back on again :like: