Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
I'm thinking of changing the colour of my OEM wheels from black to silver (2-pack respray). Finally came across a yellow GT with silver wheels, so I took a photo of a wheel and cloned it onto a pic of my car. Definitely think I'll go with the silver.

Also toying around with a Mach 1 style red stripe on the side skirt. Not sure about that mod, ...your thoughts?

2022-05-29_17-38-59.jpg

Stripe A.jpg

Stripe B.jpg

Stripe C.jpg

Stripe D.jpg

Stripe E.jpg

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The silver rims look great,better than the black in my opinion.
Black and red a great combo on a grey car. Silver looks good but you donā€™t need another colour on an already good composition. Can it be that you are just looking for something to do with your car?

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
Black and red a great combo on a grey car. Silver looks good but you donā€™t need another colour on an already good composition. Can it be that you are just looking for something to do with your car?
I feel that the silver wheels really stand out and are a definite good look on the grey. Another reason is that the black shows up the unrelenting brake pad dust on the wheels so easily, so over it.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm thinking of changing the colour of my OEM wheels from black to silver (2-pack respray). Finally came across a yellow GT with silver wheels, so I took a photo of a wheel and cloned it onto a pic of my car. Definitely think I'll go with the silver.

Also toying around with a Mach 1 style red stripe on the side skirt. Not sure about that mod, ...your thoughts?

2022-05-29_17-38-59.jpg

Stripe A.jpg

Stripe B.jpg

Stripe C.jpg

Stripe D.jpg

Stripe E.jpg
Like it all except the red over the splitter. That band is too wide compared to the new stripes.

Last edited:

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I feel that the silver wheels really stand out and are a definite good look on the grey. Another reason is that the black shows up the unrelenting brake pad dust on the wheels so easily, so over it.
Your car so obviously you do as you please.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Nice work on the pics. IMHO silver wheels are good, red stripe not so much but that could be due to the proportions as to me it looks a bit 'half there' . Maybe try something bigger like an older style Boss stripe and see how it looks?

Not sure what the cost of a proper respray is or how resprayed wheels would hold up to scrubbing vs say powdercoating, could it be worth looking into a set of used Nickel lustre wheels?

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No-one comes to me for fashion tips but personally I reckon the red looks fantastic. Agree that black wheels show brake dust which is why I go for charcoal on my cars, I also find that gloss black makes wheels look smaller than they are, the mustang stock wheels have a lot of spokes so the black can sort of make it all a bit dark, save that you have the red callipers to set it off.

But in this case and bearing in mind that the collar and cuffs should match, I would stick with black wheels to be consistent with your stripes. That's me though, my family walks about 10 paces behind me so that they can deny association.

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Had planned items install by CRD in Sydney:

* H&R Coil Overs; talking to the installation tech, these were ordered as per the Tickford developed Mustang valving, tailored to local road types. Started with just a 20mm drop for visual effect.
* Mishimoto Overflow Tank
* Steeda Jacking Rails
* New Michelin Pilot Sports

The car seems much more responsive to steering input & corner with less roll but is still compliant / comfortable on Sydney's potholed roads.
A few hundred Kms around town and very happy so far. Bigger test will be the road trip to Melbourne & return we are doing over the Queens Birthday week.
PXL_20220602_220749001.jpg
PXL_20220603_233228570.jpg
P
PXL_20220603_233152508.jpg

Will be looking into 20" square set up as the next update.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Swapped the RLCA from a Steeda spherical to a Superpro bushing, jacked the rear up by 12mm (2 x 1/4" spacers) and had it aligned. With a whole 100km done since, so far so good.

If you're contemplating a spherical for the RLCA don't be worried about NVH, the no additional NVH claim is accurate at least in the case of the Steeda unit.
I concur re no increased NVH with the Steeda spherical RLCA bearing. Much improved rear end behaviour too.

I'm interested why you changed to the Superpro bushing?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I wanted to prove if there was a difference in NVH. Also I saw a thread on here some time ago where some of the more informed suspension folks (TeeLew and BMVK) suggested that because the Superpro absorbs shock better than the spherical it reduces the potential for introducing stress into the pickup points, although to be fair no such issue has been reported.

Chabayta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does anyone know someone can fit Custom LED light for Mustang 2021 :)

just bought set and canā€™t find anyone to install them to me

C4F6B028-F515-453E-8024-38656BB77EA8.jpeg
Sponsored