Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah when I saw it, it was like a few mm away and I nearly crapped. The f type is my other baby, had that 6 years now and I share the love between the two (and a bit goes to my missus' XE which is probably the best all round car I've ever driven). But the 'stang with its manual tranny and weight pushing it around is the most engaging to drive at civilised speeds, for sure.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
That rear end is a divine thing. Unbelievable that they could design the back end to be so E-type without actually being an E-type, very interested to know how they did that. Elicits E-xcitement (the deep organic rousings and euphoria experienced when in the presence of an E-type).

it was like a few mm away
Whoa! Seriously did he miscalculate the forward movement imparted by the quick jack?

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ooooh yeah though actually while I really like the rear haunches, the back deck lid has a bit of a duck tail effect that I am not a massive fan of - I preferred the more db9 look of the XKR (which I had before it). But I dont get tired of looking at it, it is a sexy car and I couldnt point to a car I personally thought was sexier, except maybe the dbs superleggera (and yes that is very subjective).

On the jack, yeah I had thought that but unless there was some editing, all seemed pretty much in order on the video.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have been lucky enough to drive a few F-Types, on the track no less. First time I had cracked over 200 kph.

IMG_E2094.jpg

An F-Type R is my dream car. As a car guy, to be able to drive your dream is pretty special. I liken them to a "posh Mustang". If I came into money, I would be running to the nearest dealer with a pre-facelift F-Type R in stock!

ftr2.jpg

And if you don't fall in love with the sound, I would be checking for a pulse.

(12) 2016 Jaguar F-Type R AWD 0-100km/h & engine sound - YouTube

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ooh yeah, Jag build them so that the tail steps out so they are still pretty bogan, personally I preferred the RWD to the AWD as it did it more and also the front end is pointier. If I was to buy one now, I'd look to the 450HP 8 (which is RWD) and have the tune which takes it to 600hp. The difference between the 8s (which range from 450HP to 600HP I think) is just tune as the guts of the engine are the same.

I actually really like the facelift, it is a bit more muscle car-ish, but then that's probably because I have the previous, the grass is always greener lol.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Finally cleaned the car after its been parked outside for the last 2 weeks. Getting some renovations done so bloody big skip and other crap making it impossible to park under cover. It's really messing with my OCD 🤣

20220412_105250.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Dyno Time - Finally fitted Long Tube Headers and Hi-Flow Cats - Dyno results are good with a custom tune for 2017 GT Manual with GT350 Throttle Body & CAI & Borla 3" ATAK exhaust (Hub Dyno). - I just need to quieten it down as it is now insanely loud.
Nice result Tony, IMHO 300rwkw ish is good power for a street car. Did you by chance dyno before? How's driveability with the GT350 TB?

Was the ATAK was already on there ie is the extra noise is from the headers and cats?

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi GT 550 - Yes 3" Borla ATAK Catback and Ford Performance Power Pack 2 was already on - Installed 1 & 3/4'' S/S Long Tube Headers and 3'' Hi-Flow Cats then custom Dyno Tune - The exhaust noise has at LEAST doubled so much so that I feel it will shatter windows - WAY too loud for a street car - The problem is finding a 3 inch in/out resonator that will replace the X pipe and still give ground clearance to try to quieten it down. - Borla only make them for the 15-17 in 2.5'' in/out which will stuff up the tune.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
The power might not suffer too much on a NA car even with a 2.5" downstream restriction. For example a single 3" should be enough for 300rwkw on a roller.

Stainless Bros make a true 3" dual. Some discussion of it around post #62 here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/exhaust-pressure-testing.162791/page-5

Also looks like some folks have used Vibrant 1794s to good effect but of course it's in the ear of the beholder.

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
Dyno Time - Finally fitted Long Tube Headers and Hi-Flow Cats - Dyno results are good with a custom tune for 2017 GT Manual with GT350 Throttle Body & CAI & Borla 3" ATAK exhaust (Hub Dyno). - I just need to quieten it down as it is now insanely loud.

Mustang Dyno.jpg

Resized_20220414_115944.jpeg
Quite similar to what I had on my 2015. I personally didn’t mind the volume, and it was reasonably quiet on the highway on cruise control. It’s definitely the LTHs. Maybe swap the Atak for Touring?

Sponsored

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
Borla Touring is 2.5 inch so not suitable - Only alternative from Borla is 3" Resonator P#60661 even though they state it will not fit 2015-2017 it will with modification (Inlet pipes are stepped from 3'' to 2.25'') - I purchased one so hopefully it will quieten it down.
1650062058728.png
I think it’ll definitely quiet things down. Is your headers catted?

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
Yep 3 inch Hi-Flow Cats
You’ve mentioned that in your initial post 🤦‍♂️ I need to improve my reading skills.

Best of luck. And maybe take a before & after videos when you change your catback so we can hear the difference.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@DFB5.0 the NV Snow has landed so it'll get a run this weekend on the Mustang (ceramic coated). Oh the scent :inlove:

I'm also contemplating the use of Bowden's Bead Machine on another car (isn't coated and isn't a Mustang but has LS3 goodness) due to the positive reviews it gets. They recommend a thorough and lengthy prep including Snow Job, their no-residue shampoo, clay pad decontamination, paint clean with Paint Cleanse and Restore, wipe with Flash Prep, and application of Bead Machine. I'm thinking a 'strip wash' sounds good in this context which brings me to Descale and Lift which I explored in the links you kindly provided above, and also NV Snow +. Reading the descriptions it seems that Descale might be a good option in that it appears to do what the others do while also having somewhat of a decontamination capability. I'm even wondering if a foam and wash with Descale would suffice for the wash/clay pad decon steps that Bowdens recommends (anything with clay in the process makes me nervous albeit the risks seem lower with some of the newer products). Alternatively I can make a strip wash with Snow Job and APC, and maybe that's all Lift and NV + really are.

Also battling with some water spots, vinegar didn't work and Carpro Spotless 2.0 which you mentioned elsewhere is out of stock . Any thoughts on another product that comes close?

Apologies for the lengthy post.

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0 the NV Snow has landed so it'll get a run this weekend on the Mustang (ceramic coated). Oh the scent :inlove:

I'm also contemplating the use of Bowden's Bead Machine on another car (isn't coated and isn't a Mustang but has LS3 goodness) due to the positive reviews it gets. They recommend a thorough and lengthy prep including Snow Job, their no-residue shampoo, clay pad decontamination, paint clean with Paint Cleanse and Restore, wipe with Flash Prep, and application of Bead Machine. I'm thinking a 'strip wash' sounds good in this context which brings me to Descale and Lift which I explored in the links you kindly provided above, and also NV Snow +. Reading the descriptions it seems that Descale might be a good option in that it appears to do what the others do while also having somewhat of a decontamination capability. I'm even wondering if a foam and wash with Descale would suffice for the wash/clay pad decon steps that Bowdens recommends (anything with clay in the process makes me nervous albeit the risks seem lower with some of the newer products). Alternatively I can make a strip wash with Snow Job and APC, and maybe that's all Lift and NV + really are.

Also battling with some water spots, vinegar didn't work and Carpro Spotless 2.0 which you mentioned elsewhere is out of stock . Any thoughts on another product that comes close?

Apologies for the lengthy post.
You are in luck, as I have just used all three of those products in the last few days.

CarPro Lift and NV Snow+ are both higher pH soaps that are, as you suggest, have an element of APC to them. Snow+ has a pH of 8.1 and Lift 10.0 so in theory Lift would have the edge in cleaning ability. Snow+ has been my go to this sort of soap for a very long time, and it still impresses. Either of these would be a great option for a decon wash.

I actually used Lift for the first time today and it certainly has some grunt to it. Use about 100ml per 900ml of water in a foam cannon. Can see it starting to dissolving dirt in the second pic -

IMG-2116.jpg

IMG-2120.jpg

But.................I also used CarPro Descale for the first time this week. I think this is the soap you want.

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

Descale differs from the other two in that it's actually acidic rather than alkaline. I was very impressed with how this lifted grime in a pre-wash foam and then in a bucket wash. The long dwell period as a foam was impressive also. Being acidic, Descale will also help with the water spotting.

As a decontamination wash, Descale covers a lot of bases. If you want to avoid the clay process (mechanical decon), considered doing a chemical decon instead with an iron remover such as CarPro IronX or similar. Do this after the wash process. You can also increase the effect of the iron remover by using gloved hands and rubbing across the surface.

IMG_1814.jpg

Then use Flash Prep or CarPro Eraser, you could possibly skip this step as well owing to the decon washing ect. Then apply Bead Machine.

As for Spotless, it's also available here -

CarPro Spotless Water Spot & Mineral Remover 500ml - Prime Finish Car Care
CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover (vgautopaints.com.au)

Alternatively try these -

Get Nv SHIFT | Waterspot & Limescale Remover | Waxit – Waxit Car Care
Gyeon Q2M Water Spot Spotless Waterspot and Mineral Remover - 500mL – The Detail Store
GTECHNIQ W9 Water Spot Remover - 250ml/500ml – The Detail Store
Sponsored