Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
American or Australian Powerstop pads?
US Powerstop. The Z26 or Z24 belong to them. The Australian Powerstop are not related and did not acknowledge the existence of the American pads. As I have said earlier I am unaware of any reviews of the Australian pads. All I know is that they are also ceramic but are Kevlar infused whereas the US pads are carbon fibre infused. The US ones are readily available on Amazon and the Australian pads are available for one through Supercheap. Expect to pay less for the Australian ones. But like I said they are not the same.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Yes, that contemplation was very useful, I now see the error in my ways. To make it up, I decided to clean various other things too..........

The mowers.......
The pressure washer.........
The spare wheel..........
The underside of my Ranger...........

I feel much, much better now.
1641897943580.png

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Drove my Mustang for the first time in three weeks. Have been driving a 2.2 litre Ranger during that time............. just a little bit of a performance difference. :wink: And a sound difference, instead of rattly four cylinder diesel noises, I was spoiled by the rich, sumptuous and creamy smooth Coyote V8 music. :handsinair:

IMG-0689.jpg

And the good news? I caught one squashed bug.......................well, you know what that means. :giggle:

IMG-0721.jpg

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
IMG-0721.jpg

And the good news? I caught one squashed bug.......................well, you know what that means. :giggle:
Yeah, it means you were so obsessed with a bug splat you didn't notice that compound fracture.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
As promised............

IMG-0761.jpg

IMG-0789.jpg

IMG-0794.jpg

IMG-0807.jpg
Hi DFB5.0. Now that you have had your Swisstrax down for a bit and you are evidently spaying water around, how is it working out. I guess some fall to drainage is required. Is it comfortable to walk on. Is vacuuming dirt successful.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Hi DFB5.0. Now that you have had your Swisstrax down for a bit and you are evidently spaying water around, how is it working out. I guess some fall to drainage is required. Is it comfortable to walk on. Is vacuuming dirt successful.
I'll start with the dirt. Prior to fitting Swisstrax, I would either use a blower or vacuum to keep the garage floor clean. The clean state would only stay that way for a day at the most. Now, with slotted surface of the tiles, dust just settles to the bottom, keeping the floor surface cleaner for longer. As a detailer this is very valuable for keeping the dust down, especially when using a blow dryer. All I have been doing is a quick blow or vac as I normally would have been, even then that is just to satisfy my OCD.

The fact it stays "clean" means I tend to walk on it without shoes quite a lot. I mean, you can tell it's not a smooth surface underfoot, but it's not what I would classify as uncomfortable. Swisstrax also do a smooth version that would be nicer underfoot and to move things around on. To my mind, Ribtrax Smooth doesn't look as good though as regular Ribtrax.

Drainage and water wise, there is some fall to the concrete but I find that it just evaporates away. How that will go in winter will be interesting to see. That said, I tend to only wash in the garage during summer so as to keep out of the sun.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I'll start with the dirt. Prior to fitting Swisstrax, I would either use a blower or vacuum to keep the garage floor clean. The clean state would only stay that way for a day at the most. Now, with slotted surface of the tiles, dust just settles to the bottom, keeping the floor surface cleaner for longer. As a detailer this is very valuable for keeping the dust down, especially when using a blow dryer. All I have been doing is a quick blow or vac as I normally would have been, even then that is just to satisfy my OCD.

The fact it stays "clean" means I tend to walk on it without shoes quite a lot. I mean, you can tell it's not a smooth surface underfoot, but it's not what I would classify as uncomfortable. Swisstrax also do a smooth version that would be nicer underfoot and to move things around on. To my mind, Ribtrax Smooth doesn't look as good though as regular Ribtrax.

Drainage and water wise, there is some fall to the concrete but I find that it just evaporates away. How that will go in winter will be interesting to see. That said, I tend to only wash in the garage during summer so as to keep out of the sun.
Well that answers most of my questions about Swisstrax. I did think it would be horrible to walk on in bare feet and dust would accumlate underneath but that is good to hear. Something to secrete away for future plans.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think I have mentioned on here before, but the shop that did the PPF on my daily had that floor in their place.

Using it in an commercial environment they raved about it - shut the doors, wash the cars down, keep the dust down etc. Their shop had a slight fall so it drained out and under the roller door :like:

WD :like:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
IMG-0761.jpg

The detailing trolley...STILL looking good :like: :giggle:

1643239329676.png

That looks glorious :inlove: what final coating/spray did you use? Usual formulation on the glass?

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
IMG-0761.jpg

1643239329676.png

That looks glorious :inlove: what final coating/spray did you use? Usual formulation on the glass?
Are you a fan of black 5.0 badges, they would tie in well with your wheels and calipers?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
IMG-0761.jpg

1643239329676.png

I cycle through a few (1000) different drying aids/final sprays. As for the base protection layer, I think it's Collinte 845, think?

P&S Bead Maker, Obsessed Garage Drying Aid and P&S Paint Gloss are my regulars though.

On this occasion it was P&S Paint Gloss.
https://detailingshed.com.au/products/p-s-paint-gloss?variant=19287922343993

IMG-1701.jpg

After my first use, I liked it so much that I bough a gallon of it! Smells nice too.

IMG-2080.jpg

This is an old fashioned, and un-fashionable, "Quick Detailer". It has no added protection to it, some mild cleaning ability but mostly it's just for lubrication and gloss. Paint Gloss is far, far easier to use than P&S's own Dream Maker, and even Bead Maker. No streaking, no hazing.

When I first started using Paint Gloss, I almost felt I had to defend it's use. Having no protective element or even the fashionable "ceramic" ingredient means that it doesn't add to the existing protection and simply washes off at the next wash. Many would see that as a pointless, but you don't always need to be adding protection, that's what the base layer is for right? So all I need from a drying aid is lubrication and gloss, I see no reason why a simple Quick Detailer can't be that product. Having said that, I tend to alternate between a product like Paint Gloss and one like Bead Maker.

As for the glass, it's just cleaned with P&S True Vue.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Are you a fan of black 5.0 badges, they would tie in well with your wheels and calipers?
Thought about black badges a few times, but I actually like the chrome.

And it seems like I'm the only one on the planet who like the fake gas cap GT badge on the boot lid. :giggle:
Sponsored