Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Looks great IMHO. How close is it to the Mustang?
Thanks, I love it.

The color match is close enough for me. Race Red has a lot of orange about it in certain light levels. I could also have gone for red closer to my Emperor Red XR8, but Geranium Red was what caught my eye first and so I just ran with it!

I have been seeing a therapist for a number of years now. It became obvious early on the I have a positive association with the color red, it now signifies happiness and enthusiasm across many aspects of my life. And it all started with my Race Red Mustang. I have countless red shoes and clothes, a red watch, red cars, red computer mouse, red phone, red coffee machine..............I could go on but you get the picture. And now I have a red door to my garage, where many other red things reside. All that may sound stupid, but every little thing that can help ones mental state the better.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
And just like that, he's gone again ... :giggle:

This time he only managed one snipe at me, he's definitely slacking ... :cwl:

WD :like:

Edit to make the above comment a little clearer - my stalker turned up and had a pop at DFB. It looks like the mods turned up, cleaned up and took out the trash :like:

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
And just like that, he's gone again ... :giggle:

This time he only managed one snipe at me, he's definitely slacking ... :cwl:

Edit to make the above comment a little clearer - my stalker turned up and had a pop at DFB. It looks like the mods turned up, cleaned up and took out the trash :like:
Looks like I missed the excitement?

I sort of glad the Mods deleted it and him because I would have probably fired a few back. I mean, it takes a special type of person to get worked up about someone painting a door on the other side of the world. :facepalm:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
In the communal areas at work, we have full printed walls - something like your avatar would look great !

More cost but less work ?

I have no photos on my phone, but I might call in the office next week (we have a nice one of a GT3).

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks, I love it.

The color match is close enough for me. Race Red has a lot of orange about it in certain light levels. I could also have gone for red closer to my Emperor Red XR8, but Geranium Red was what caught my eye first and so I just ran with it!

I have been seeing a therapist for a number of years now. It became obvious early on the I have a positive association with the color red, it now signifies happiness and enthusiasm across many aspects of my life. And it all started with my Race Red Mustang. I have countless red shoes and clothes, a red watch, red cars, red computer mouse, red phone, red coffee machine..............I could go on but you get the picture. And now I have a red door to my garage, where many other red things reside. All that may sound stupid, but every little thing that can help ones mental state the better.
Ok. So how come no red floor tiles?😂😂

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The color match is close enough for me. Race Red has a lot of orange about it in certain light levels.
Mixologist's guide for Race Red:

1641464222861.png

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
A member on another forum I frequent very kindly did this mock up on my behalf.

gpd100.jpg

Dam it! Now I want to paint the whole thing! :facepalm:
Ah yes, that looks very nice indeed. The grey/black/red stripes are obvious but easy on the eye while matching with the new tiles and resolving the transition from floor to wall. The black double V and logo are very strong but that's good because it balances the boldness of the door, IMHO whatever goes there should be something you have a pleasant 'conversation' with whenever you see it but without it distracting or shouting at you.

The overall scheme - stripes and logo - could be a challenge to DIY as the devil is in the detail ie the notch at the base of the W. Something that eye catching needs to be right ie no paint bleed etc and despite what the manufacturers of painters tape claim I've never found a truly reliable solution although YMMV. A sign writer might be worth looking into - and why not if you spend so much time in there?! An alternative to experiment with could be say a logo for Ford and Jag, you might be able to pick up a couple of sizeable flags or similar on ebay if you just wanted to mock something up. A wall print like @WD40 referred to is of course another option or even a big satin/matt decal of the whole thing mounted on a nice backing board, as you could then move it around and if you need to repaint the main wall you're not gingering around an expensive logo painted directly onto the wall.

My 2c.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
In the communal areas at work, we have full printed walls - something like your avatar would look great !

More cost but less work ?

I have no photos on my phone, but I might call in the office next week (we have a nice one of a GT3).

Now that is a great idea for DFB5.0's garage wall. I watched this youtube
a while back and thought that something similar would be nice for the day when I get a new garage.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Thought about something like this myself:

https://pixers.net.au/wall-murals/old-timer-6301643#configurator

Experimented with a random car example sizing at 2m x 1m to see pricing - as below seems quite reasonable. They can probably do custom if you have the design.

@DFB5.0 see....as a caring sharing community of enthusiasts we're always happy to enthusiastically spend your money :like::giggle:

1641526500144.png
:giggle: :like::like:
A while ago I priced on an Australian site a self adhesive mural like Mazman's, with my own photo to cover a wall approx. 2m x 6m for just under AUD$1000.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
My mate went one further with this one today.........

wallart100.jpg

I want to keep the look clean so I don't think I will be going this far, I would be happy to paint the walls in a flat grey and use the bright red to be the talking point.

The same gentleman did these two edits for me, which would look great as a large print as suggested, that would stand off a grey wall and the Mustang would then be linked into the red door. All pipe dreams at the moment though.

4h1BCKF.jpg

ziZq2ET.jpg
Sponsored