Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Was that the deck lid Troy. Did the install go smoothly?
Yeah Peter,it's the decklid! install was really smooth, however quite a bit of force was needed to remove the original one.

Reactions: PKs

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Just not sure what i'm going to put on it,maybe just GT in billet OR MUSTANG - GT in billet.
Looking at options for this dilemma myself. Will spend some pondering time with a few low cost decals over Xmas break but the plain look is growing on me.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Didnt do anything but did enjoy a beer and the Bathurst top 10. Go the Fords Go Bathurst 🐎🐎🐎🐎🤘😎🤘
20211204_171405.jpg

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course

ruffchance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Auto, 1942 Harley Davidson,1994 Custom Harley Softail
Yep !....they look identical. No "cutting' this end....just a few drops of good quality Super Glue.. ("GEL" Type ), to glue OEM Bezel to the TURBOS....quick & easy 15 Min. job max , if all goes to plan ! (unclipping the trim can be a bit bit tricky...be careful ...)
Wiring in the "Ambient Lights", looks a whole different Ball Game !!!!....professional needed, me thinks! ....can live without it , unless smarter intellects on here, can educate we novices??
Okay... "wired" in the "ambient " lights myself , to the Turbo Vents....multitude of colours....a few samples of the results....gotta be happy with that Batman!!

DSCN2231 (1).JPG

DSCN2232.JPG

DSCN2235.JPG

DSCN2237.JPG

DSCN2238.JPG

DSCN2239.JPG

Sponsored

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
With our Great Race not starting until around midday there was time enough to install front/rear dashcams in my 2018 Mustang GT, (well two installations in the end actually). I'd already come across two excellent YouTube videos (links below) on dashcam install for the S550 Mustang, so it was breeze in the end. I went with a Blackvue DR750X 2Ch FHD PLUS 128GB which I got for A$499 delivered (RRP A$629). The DR750X PLUS with new sensors and processors to improve image quality, was released in Australia a few months ago. The DR900X is also about to be updated to the PLUS version. Plenty of comparison videos between the old and new versions on YouTube.

Summary of key installation steps from the video (and my experience) to note.
(1) Remove driver's door sill panel. (2) Remove interior fuse panel 'door' from the kick panel. (yep the accelerator in the way). (3) Remove driver's kick panel. (4) Remove driver's side window demist trim duct from the dash end. (5) Unclip/pull away the TOP section of the drivers A Pillar trim. Unclip the trim retaining device inside at the top. NB. The videos show disconnecting the speaker and removing this piece of trim altogether, however I found that there was enough room to work and run the dashcam power cable well in behind airbag #1 without pulling the whole thing away. ALL these bits just pull off/up/out from their retaining clips, just use CARE and a trim tool of sorts.

I used Fuse #16 for the Micro 2 FuseTap for the power cable (constant) BAT wire, and Fuse #23 for the (switched) ACC wire. The GND wire was connected to a bolt (very conveniently located) as shown in the photo. Connected both cables (power/rear camera) and tested it before hiding cables behind the trim and roof lining. The rear camera cable ran along the passenger side head lining, well in behind the airbag #2. Excess cable poked into the head lining. I used 5A Micro 2 fuses as the additional fuse in the FuseTaps. The whole job finish in about 90mins.

I ordered additional F&R camera mounts and cables so that I could swap the dashcams between the Mustang and my 2013 Grand Cherokee (daily drive) as needed. Just unplug the cameras, side them out of the mounts and put them in the other vehicle, connect the cables. Reference marks I painted on the cameras and mounts assist in getting the correct up/down angle for each vehicle. Finished installing the cameras in the GC just in time for the start of the Great Race.

Pretty straight-forward, easy install in the end.

1638697258727.png

1638697283181.png

1638697309133.png

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Okay... "wired" in the "ambient " lights myself , to the Turbo Vents....multitude of colours....a few samples of the results....gotta be happy with that Batman!!

DSCN2231 (1).JPG

DSCN2232.JPG

DSCN2235.JPG

DSCN2237.JPG

DSCN2238.JPG

DSCN2239.JPG
Are these controlled by the mycolour / ambient lighting menu on the dash?

ruffchance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Auto, 1942 Harley Davidson,1994 Custom Harley Softail
Are these controlled by the mycolour / ambient lighting menu on the dash?
Negative! No Auto Electrician me ! Big time , & big bucks , me thinks to to do that !... 'Controlled " (touch) by the 'Key' Pad , from the Module ( in glove box ) .... in the Left corner of this Photo . My "wiring' took 5 mins , and cost $15 for the "lighter" , insert , with On / Off switch.

DSCN2241.JPG

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Today I put my Ford Performance engine dress up coil covers back on after painting in my colour scheme RAL1015 beige with silver metallic lettering.
I got the idea from Elvis66 on the US forum but I am afraid Elvis has left the building and is now listed as "banned".

PXL_20211207_015119905.jpg
PXL_20211207_014557406.jpg
Sponsored