Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
Having mounted the strut brace I have now discovered that the dipstick is bloody awkward to get to. Easy enough to remove but these spring steel dipsticks with a twist at the bottom are a pain at the best of times to put back in, now it’s a two handed job, one to hold the top and the left hand to try and poke it back down the tube a few inches at a time. Still it looks nice. I just wonder what the service techs at my dealer will think when it comes to oil change time.
Sponsored

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Having mounted the strut brace I have now discovered that the dipstick is bloody awkward to get to. Easy enough to remove but these spring steel dipsticks with a twist at the bottom are a pain at the best of times to put back in, now it’s a two handed job, one to hold the top and the left hand to try and poke it back down the tube a few inches at a time. Still it looks nice. I just wonder what the service techs at my dealer will think when it comes to oil change time.
Hi John, I notice you have a steel brace - That may be why - My GT350 Aluminium Brace sits a bit higher -

IMG_1453.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it’s a pain, and my dealer mentioned it after it’s 1st service.

I wrapped the area above the dipstick in masking tape to be sure I didn’t have to look at any ‘frustration’ marks as a reminder of their struggles … :like:

Hi John, I notice you have a steel brace - That may be why - My GT350 Aluminium Brace sits a bit higher -

IMG_1453.jpg
It’s still a pain …

I believe the biggest difference is removing the sound tube - I see yours has gone (giving much better access), you also have a thicker spacer under yours :like:

WD :like:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course

Sponsored

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Took delivery.... finally!

IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG

Will get my wheels put on tomorrow if i can manage to squeeze them into the Mustang somehow.
That looks superb, congratulations 👍🏻🍾🥂

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
If you are spending more than 10 minutes masking/protecting you are doing it wrong. Just trap thin plastic under top, add couple pieces to side/back and mask rear window.

20180924_114838.jpg
20180924_114829.jpg
Cleaned the soft top with 303 soft top cleaner then treated it with 303 fabric protectant. Many thanks to @sdiver68 who’s quote and photos showing the easy way to mask off the glass and paint, from another thread are above. I got two very thin painters drop sheets from
Bunnings 3.7m x 3.7m and only $1.78 each, so thin the soft top easily pierces it when you lower it to jam it in . One did the windscreen, the entire front of the car and the sides up to the rear of the rear side windows and the other the rear of the car, all I had left to mask off after that was the rear screen done with masking tape and glad wrap, and the two plastic strips on the edges of the fabric above the doors.
Will spray some water on it tomorrow to see if it beads properly.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG

Will get my wheels put on tomorrow if i can manage to squeeze them into the Mustang somehow.
Woohoo Trevor, looks great. Should be no stopping you now. Funny those big reveals they do. I was prepared in advance and told the sales guy definitely no fanfare for me. They obliged my request thankfully.

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
Woohoo Trevor, looks great. Should be no stopping you now. Funny those big reveals they do. I was prepared in advance and told the sales guy definitely no fanfare for me. They obliged my request thankfully.
Yeah Peter they tried to do the same for me. The salesguy said do i mind if everyone stops and claps when they pull the cover off. I said I would rather not haha. I dont need a big spectacle, i was just happy to finally have it.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Pre-installed Lakins?

Highly impressed!

Now, you had better head off to the Washing/Waxing/Detailing thread because you're going need to read the whole thing. Twice.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course

IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG

Congratulations mate, best colour too...love black 🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎

Last edited:

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
@DFB5.0 I read, reread, and rereread your DIY. Did you fit something to your car before detailing it first?????

It's just such a....void :shock::giggle:

IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG

Looks awesome mate,love the black awesome colour,you might want to consider packing up and mooving next door to DFB5.0.:giggle::giggle:

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G

IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG

Congratulations 🎉. Now for all those mod' parts to get fitted.

The only way to kick this disease is to never look at the internet, never speak to another Mustang owner, or look at another Mustang. 🤣 Or just leave your wallet open, accept it, and surrender. 🤪
Sponsored