Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I picked mine UP finally. 12 months since I test drove and 7 months since I ordered.
Congratulations Adrian.

Looks fantastic and it's well worth the wait.

Once Philip from Lakin Plates opens back up, you should give him a call!

:thumbsup:

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yay, yesterday I finally got the Air Raid CAI installed, and the strut brace. The arse dyno would suggest that the CAI does make a difference, not sure whether it is just imagination, but I'm counting that one as a win. I didnt count as a win the speeding ticket I am sure I got on the way home, coming off the highway, but I suppose I deserve it, I'm old enough to know better.

The hardrace strut brace I tend to think makes quite a difference on sharp turns/small roundabouts though the mustang is hard to judge because it can feel a bit floaty boaty but then gets more planted if it is driven hard. But I'm counting that one as a big win, even if it might be part imagination.

The surprise was some cf wing mirror covers I bought from Subject 9 earlier this week. I had plastidipped the wing mirrors black but had been a bit impatient with them and wasnt happy with the outcome. Anyway Subject 9 had the cf covers on sale so I grabbed a pair (I wasnt really wanting to use cf on this car), they arrived about 2 days later and the quality is actually very nice. I stuck them on with silicone and they look magic.

Probably if anyone is thinking of going down that route, I'd recommend plastidipping the wing mirrors black first anyway as you would otherwise get a touch of body colour showing through at the edges which might look a bit shabby.

Waiting on a black petrol cap cover to turn up, I actually really like that look, next after that I think will be the side window covers.

Edit...I have to stop this, just ordered the subject 9 cf bonnet vent covers to match my side mirrors, coz...you know...they have to match. But that's coming from a guy whose clothes never match anything, much to the despair of my wife.

Last edited:

Yellow Toy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Fastback
Fitted Steeda clutch spring with purch couple of weeks ago, way better than the standard return spring.
Also got the Drake Decklid I like the new look, but think it's missing a badge.
This turned up yesterday, but now not sure if I should fit???
20210915_141500.jpg
20210923_124800.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Edit...I have to stop this,
:crackup: :like:

This turned up yesterday, but now not sure if I should fit???
Hi John that deck lid looks great, can see both why you think it needs a badge and why you're unsure about the Coyote. Wheels look good too, great colour match, can I ask what they are and is the car Carbonite Grey?

Maybe drive around with it for a while and let it settle, it probably needs something subtle like the 458 maybe in the form of a small blacked out or green Pony depending on how far you want to go with the green theme.
1632436796539.png

You've probably seen this:
1632437264340.png

Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That looks great IMO. I agree with everything GT550 says, though maybe I would try the coyote badge you have off toward the right side bottom of the deck lid (near the right tail light) and see how that looks, I also like the plain GT decal per GT550's post though on your car I would spray it black.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks guys will look at both options, I didn't think to maybe put to one side..

GT 550
The wheels are Niche Sectors
20x9 front
20x10.5 rear..
35 offset.
Car colour is Magnetic grey..
20210915_141540.jpg
Really liking your car. The non black wheels and green accents make it just that little bit different to stand out from the crowd. Good job John.

Sponsored

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
Yay, yesterday I finally got the Air Raid CAI installed, and the strut brace. The arse dyno would suggest that the CAI does make a difference, not sure whether it is just imagination, but I'm counting that one as a win. I didnt count as a win the speeding ticket I am sure I got on the way home, coming off the highway, but I suppose I deserve it, I'm old enough to know better.

The hardrace strut brace I tend to think makes quite a difference on sharp turns/small roundabouts though the mustang is hard to judge because it can feel a bit floaty boaty but then gets more planted if it is driven hard. But I'm counting that one as a big win, even if it might be part imagination.

The surprise was some cf wing mirror covers I bought from Subject 9 earlier this week. I had plastidipped the wing mirrors black but had been a bit impatient with them and wasnt happy with the outcome. Anyway Subject 9 had the cf covers on sale so I grabbed a pair (I wasnt really wanting to use cf on this car), they arrived about 2 days later and the quality is actually very nice. I stuck them on with silicone and they look magic.

Probably if anyone is thinking of going down that route, I'd recommend plastidipping the wing mirrors black first anyway as you would otherwise get a touch of body colour showing through at the edges which might look a bit shabby.

Waiting on a black petrol cap cover to turn up, I actually really like that look, next after that I think will be the side window covers.

Edit...I have to stop this, just ordered the subject 9 cf bonnet vent covers to match my side mirrors, coz...you know...they have to match. But that's coming from a guy whose clothes never match anything, much to the despair of my wife.
Pictures 😄

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Will do, although we could always wait for a nice action shot that I expect to be coming in the post is a week or so...