Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

boostedblake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Todays mod:
I've never really wanted a dash mat as I like the clean look but since it's a daily driver and sits in sun I thought it's best for the pony.

Fitmycar dash mat fits snug and nice and slim, actually like the look of it being nice and slimline
20210220_183401.jpg
20210220_183438.jpg
Sponsored

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My anti depressant gave me 3 mobile speed camera tickets since Jan of this year. 😶😔
FWIW my fairly old Thinkware dashcam alerts me of known speed cameras locations including mobile. Mine isn't connected to the internet so I update a file ever so often. Apparently mobile speed cameras for a jurisdiction mostly move among hot spots because I haven't run across any locally that the dash cam didn't warn. Since it does not have real-time data, it does warn when you approach any place a mobile cam has ever been reported. Since the file doesn't use much space on the SD card and is for the entire US, I'm amazed it can contain so much data. Don't know if any dashcams for Aus offer this feature but something to think about.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
And yes, those threatening clouds had me worried for a bit. :facepalm:
Cheer up. The next gen will probably have enough self driving capability for you to climb out the window while in motion and wipe the drops off as they fall.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
FWIW my fairly old Thinkware dashcam alerts me of known speed cameras locations including mobile. Mine isn't connected to the internet so I update a file ever so often. Apparently mobile speed cameras for a jurisdiction mostly move among hot spots because I haven't run across any locally that the dash cam didn't warn. Since it does not have real-time data, it does warn when you approach any place a mobile cam has ever been reported. Since the file doesn't use much space on the SD card and is for the entire US, I'm amazed it can contain so much data. Don't know if any dashcams for Aus offer this feature but something to think about.
Yes my Thinkware just goes on and on when I travel through a known mobile speed camera zone. I suppose the function can be turned off but I have never bothered to check it out. The number of times that it repeats the same warning is over the top.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes my Thinkware just goes on and on when I travel through a known mobile speed camera zone. I suppose the function can be turned off but I have never bothered to check it out. The number of times that it repeats the same warning is over the top.
I have the volume turned down so low I can barely hear it. So low I can't even make out any of the words but since it doesn't say anything else..... Almost subliminal. Doesn't bother me. When I hear it, I just double scan to make sure I didn't miss seeing it without the warning. I don't react just to the warning ever. And I may have decent spidy sense because I was never nailed by one before the dash cam.

Reactions: PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I have the volume turned down so low I can barely hear it. So low I can't even make out any of the words but since it doesn't say anything else..... Almost subliminal. Doesn't bother me. When I hear it, I just double scan to make sure I didn't miss seeing it without the warning. I don't react just to the warning ever. And I may have decent spidy sense because I was never nailed by one before the dash cam.
It does help remind me about red light cameras and fixed cameras like those on overpasses which I don't mind at all. It is just the mobile camera zones where the warning may continue for 2 kilometres over and over. The others are just a once off.

Sponsored

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Hi ladies and gents. Haven't posted in a while but if your going to post it might as well be worthwhile right.

Install commenced yesterday of ARH long tube headers (Green Cats), QA1 carbon fibre drive shaft and harrop cooler kit. Install is being done in my garrage by Carbon auto Haus.

(Many) pics to follow

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hi ladies and gents. Haven't posted in a while but if your going to post it might as well be worthwhile right.

Install commenced yesterday of ARH long tube headers (Green Cats), QA1 carbon fibre drive shaft and harrop cooler kit. Install is being done in my garrage by Carbon auto Haus.

(Many) pics to follow
I will be interested to know how your tail shaft goes Paul. Ford put a new one in mine because of an unbalance at around 80klm/hr. There was still a vibration with the new one but most of it was removed when they rotated the mounting 180 degrees. They say that how the shafts behave is different from car to car.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Cheer up. The next gen will probably have enough self driving capability for you to climb out the window while in motion and wipe the drops off as they fall.
Interesting concept, can we have a trial volunteer to do the rims?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Interesting concept, can we have a trial volunteer to do the rims?
Shouldn't be hard. I've noticed from watching videos of cars in motion that at certain road speeds, the wheels stop turning or even turn backwards. Not sure of the physics behind it all.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Todays mod:
I've never really wanted a dash mat as I like the clean look but since it's a daily driver and sits in sun I thought it's best for the pony.

Fitmycar dash mat fits snug and nice and slim, actually like the look of it being nice and slimline
20210220_183401.jpg
20210220_183438.jpg
Yep got one before I had the car. Perfect fit.
Sponsored