Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Interesting. I once read that towels should be washed as soon as possible after using them in order to preserve their effectiveness/performance rather then letting any product 'set'. I find it a pain to wash them after doing only one car using say 4 towels and an applicator but I can see their point.
Yeah that's interesting, I hadn't considered that.

My experience is mostly with traditional waxes and polishes, more recently consumer type hybrid ceramics.

I heard that proper ceramics go one step further and render cloths single usage ... šŸ˜²

WD :like:
Starting with "proper" ceramics, as in not ceramic spray sealants, the leveling towels and applicators are best treated as single use. Leveling towels can be demoted or used as shop rags though.

This was from ceramic coating my wheels last year, I went overboard but at a couple of dollars each, it wasn't really a cost prohibitive process.

IMG_9697.jpg

As for washing towels shortly after use, it really depends on what products have been used. It's pretty important to wash in a timely manner after using "ceramic" spray sealants as these can clog up towels and make them hydrophobic. Think Megs HCD, Carpro EliXir, Bead Maker or any of ceramic detailer.

For quick detailers, water-less wash, interior cleaning and the like, it's not as important.

Always wash with an appropriate detergent, as in a liquid with no fabric softeners and definitely no powdered products. The best is P&S Rags to Riches, with Bowden's Microfiber Wash close behind. You can wash in warm water, but not HOT. If you use a dryer, then do so on low heat. Otherwise, air dry them indoors to prevent them becoming decontaminated outdoors.
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Drove the Mustang to work today, was going to be too nice of a day not to.

I can't begin to explain the feeling of pushing that starter button at the end of the day and listening to the Coyote bark to life on a cold-start!

IMG-2929.jpg

The car needs a wash, it got showered on while I was working on another car in the garage earlier in the week. I only had time to give it a rinse and then blow dry so the windows are a bit spotty. I did however have some time to try a product I have been wanting for a VERY long time............

Rust Inhibitor For Cars | Hyde's Serum Rustopper | Obsessed Garage

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG-2826.jpg

Hyde's Serum Rustopper is used to prevent the plume of rusty dust that is formed on your rotors after cleaning your car. Having your hard work undone in the matter of seconds is very annoying. A few sprays on each rotor while still wet seems to stop the fine film of rust developing. After driving the car today, the wheels seemed to be spared that hideous coating of rusty residue.

IMG-2923.jpg

I'm still not sure how I managed to get a bottle of this as it's not supposed to be shipped via air. Somehow, my order went through and was shipped without a whisper of it being not allowed. Not complaining, no one sells this in Australia.
After your earlier post DFB5.0 I priced the Hyde's Rustopper but the cost of freight put me off. Around that time, I sent them an enquiry on their website contact page and today got a reply from their "chief product officer".They confirm that:
1. they do not normally ship outside of the US.
and
2. they asked: "Do you know any retailerā€™s in AU that we can work with to send inventory to so they can resell in your country?"

So maybe if you personally know any of the retailers here you could further this.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
After your earlier post DFB5.0 I priced the Hyde's Rustopper but the cost of freight put me off. Around that time, I sent them an enquiry on their website contact page and today got a reply from their "chief product officer".They confirm that:
and
2. they asked: "Do you know any retailerā€™s in AU that we can work with to send inventory to so they can resell in your country?"

So maybe if you personally know any of the retailers here you could further this.
Wink wink is all Iā€™ll say at this stage.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Sounds positive. Let us know if it works out.
I will be shouting it from the roof tops as soon as I can!

I'm part of Inside the Hex group, having an Aussie in the network worked really well for them and I'm delighted with where this will be going for all involved.

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
and

Try this. Works ok. https://autobarn.com.au/ab/Autobarn...-Coat-Rust-preventative-spray-500ml/p/DI10873

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550

I'm part of Inside the Hex group, having an Aussie in the network worked really well for them and I'm delighted with where this will be going for all involved.
You're going to be the first Detailing Influencer? :shock::shock::shock:

You deserve every bit of success that comes your way from it :clap:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

Will that mean an Obsessed Garage for Aus.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Just a heads up for those who don't have a battery tender/charger, Repco have the CTEK MXS 5.0 value pack on sale at the moment -

CTEK 12V 5 Amp Battery Charger Value Pack - 40-516 - CTEK | Repco Australia

IMG_4712.jpg

I have been using an earlier MXS 3.6 for a while now but needed to grab another. This particular deal includes a soft zip up carry bag and a pig tail connector with indicator for faster connection. It's also supplied with the traditional clamp connectors.

IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4715.jpg

The pig tail / quick connect is also fused -

IMG_4716.jpg

Considering the charger itself retails for $170, this kit is good value at $129.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Finally after 7 weeks outside in the weather because I couldn't park it under cover due to renovations I have Finally cleaned it. WOW I completely forgot how it looked clean and I didn't realise it was Black under all that dirt and grime šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°
20220828_133715.jpg
20220828_133831.jpg
20220828_151247.jpg
20220828_151304.jpg
Sponsored