Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Just putting this out there for responses,thoughts etc…I have @ present a K&N panel filter installed in my 17 GT,do not think they make a whole lot of difference (if any actually)this is backed up by many comparisons.So,am going to go back to a stock panel filter.Not @ all interested in going down the cold induction path,or any other expensive mods.I am also reading that the re oiling of the filter can cause issues by getting into the fuel injector system.As I said,there is no gain power from these(proven)the stock is fine.Thoughts?Please no rude or derogatory comments.Thx.:):)
I have been running them in all my cars including the mustang for many years and never had a problem. Just saves the expense of throw away less efficient cartridges. I believe your overthinking this but if it makes you happy , then do it.
Sponsored

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang(race red) 2019 Honda CR-V VTI AWD.
I have been running them in all my cars including the mustang for many years and never had a problem. Just saves the expense of throw away less efficient cartridges. I believe your overthinking this but if it makes you happy , then do it.
Same for me,have had them for many years,but,@ the end of the day,they have really no advantages,if you gained extra HP,maybe,but they don’t.Stock filters can actually be better.

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Well then you're just throwing away a functional filter in my opinion, your car your choice.

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Well then you're just throwing away a functional filter in my opinion, your car your choice.
I might be ‘overthinking’(or perhaps ‘paranoid’?) but this oil thing has me thinking(when re oiling them)have been reading a bit about it.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have had an AEM Dry Flow filter in mine for a few years now.

0p.jpg

0ppp.jpg

It's probably a placebo effect, but it gave a slight increase in induction note. No potential oiling issues with this one.
Same here, I took the carbon trap out too :

CBAE5-D15-807-E-485-F-B598-DED0-DCFB7-E53.jpg

WD :like:

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I have had an AEM Dry Flow filter in mine for a few years now.

0p.jpg

0ppp.jpg

It's probably a placebo effect, but it gave a slight increase in induction note. No potential oiling issues with this one.
Thx,I will look these up.Cheers.Ron:):)

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Just putting this out there for responses,thoughts etc…I have @ present a K&N panel filter installed in my 17 GT,do not think they make a whole lot of difference (if any actually)this is backed up by many comparisons.So,am going to go back to a stock panel filter.Not @ all interested in going down the cold induction path,or any other expensive mods.I am also reading that the re oiling of the filter can cause issues by getting into the fuel injector system.As I said,there is no gain power from these(proven)the stock is fine.Thoughts?Please no rude or derogatory comments.Thx.:):)
Fair enough on your decision. In which case is it cheaper to stay using your current filter or is Ford going to charge a kings ransom for a replacement? If so then I'd stick with what you've got.

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough on your decision. In which case is it cheaper to stay using your current filter or is Ford going to charge a kings ransom for a replacement? If so then I'd stick with what you've got.
The OEM is around $40.Quite a reasonable price.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
@Bulutt Man I am itching for my wheels and feel I've definitely made th right choice when I see pics like this.. The container is suppose to arrive Mid July so I don't think I'll see them for a while.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)