Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Well it wasn't today or the last 4 days because I did this last weekend. I put on the IRS subframe support braces. This follows earlier installation of the IRS subframe bushing support system and the IRS subframe alignment kit. This I think will do me for the rear end. Not that I have ever experienced the "hop" that this stop the hop system is meant to fix but I must say that it all feels nice and tight down there now.
PXL_20210605_023726764.jpg
PXL_20210605_032959752.jpg
PXL_20210605_042804582.jpg
PXL_20210605_042846348.jpg

Yellow Toy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Fastback
Bud did you buy them here or Order from States?
Take long to Install?

Yellow Toy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Fastback
Great thanks Bulutt, Mustang Motorsport not too far away.
Did you notice the difference?

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Great thanks Bulutt, Mustang Motorsport not too far away.
Did you notice the difference?
I did what Peter did but had it all installed as soon as I got the car so can't really tell you how it was before. Based on all the reviews from around the world, the standard GT and Bullitt, drive and handle very well to begin with but I am just a firm believer that a stiffer chassis is better. I also had it lowered 25mm and have bigger & wider wheels.

Last edited:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
You guys got it all from Mustang Motorsport?
I got my IRS brace as above from Modern Automotive Performance in the US via Ebay. They were all up A$45 less than Mustang Motorsport and A$70 less than Steeda in US. Very easy DIY fitting, just bolt into position and no need for doing a wheel alignment. Apart from jacking the car it took maybe 30 minutes.
The other two IRS bits that I mentioned above came in the Steeda "Stage 2 Handling Kit" along with their strut tower brace and "Gtrac" K member brace for the front. These were all relatively easy although a little fiddly to install myself. I did get a four wheel alignment done then though.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I got my IRS brace as above from Modern Automotive Performance in the US via Ebay. They were all up A$45 less than Mustang Motorsport and A$70 less than Steeda in US. Very easy DIY fitting, just bolt into position and no need for doing a wheel alignment.
The other two IRS bits that I mentioned above came in the Steeda "Stage 2 Handling Kit" along with their strut tower brace and "Gtrac" K member brace for the front. These were all relatively easy although a little fiddly to install myself. I did get a four wheel alignment done then though.
we must share the same brain Peter. Exactly the same parts. 😃

Reactions: PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
we must share the same brain Peter. Exactly the same parts. 😃
Certainly a mod worth doing Avi. It's just something that you can enjoy the difference of rear end drive feel that was not there before.

Sponsored

Yellow Toy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Fastback
Hey Peter,
Dont mean to be a pain in the Butt, but would you still have the part numbers???

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hey Peter,
Dont mean to be a pain in the Butt, but would you still have the part numbers???
Morning John. I am not home right now but you could get those off Mustang Motorsports web site or off Steeda site. My description of the parts are how they refer to them. Let me know if you are unsure. I am fairly certain that the same parts fit all models 15+.

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang(race red) 2019 Honda CR-V VTI AWD.
Just putting this out there for responses,thoughts etc…I have @ present a K&N panel filter installed in my 17 GT,do not think they make a whole lot of difference (if any actually)this is backed up by many comparisons.So,am going to go back to a stock panel filter.Not @ all interested in going down the cold induction path,or any other expensive mods.I am also reading that the re oiling of the filter can cause issues by getting into the fuel injector system.As I said,there is no gain power from these(proven)the stock is fine.Thoughts?Please no rude or derogatory comments.Thx.:):)
Sponsored