Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Their website says the Chemie Pol Star has 'foam lamellas', something I've always wanted in my carpets :crazy:. They do look good, but honestly the best thing in your cabinet is the Meercat colony of spray bottles. Shelf 3 is the party shelf...all the others are, in comparison...a little boring conservative :giggle:.

Why do you not use this fine product on your Mustang? Is it because you hoover up dust particles from the air before they can fall on the pile? Or simply because the carpets never get dirty enough to need actual chemical cleaning?

The APC and Bug remover sound interesting, do you know what ingredient makes the bug remover so good? I'm always wary of good bug removers because I wonder what's in them but clearly this one is ok or you wouldn't be using it. For example WD40 works a treat but it will play havoc with my PPF and possibly ceramic coat. Ditto, fire.
I never get the Mustang dirty enough to need chemicals in the interior, other than 303 and leather cleaning.

As for the bug removers, they will compromise your wax or sealant, ceramic coating would be more resistant though. I would sooner have the bugs removed with little agitation and top up the protection if needed afterwards. I use a drying aid that will address that. Again, I tend to use those sort of chemicals on customer cars.

Oh, and shelf 3 is my favorite too.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Yes agree that agitation of bugs, with their nasty shell like little bodies, is to be avoided. The best bug remover I've ever used (many years ago) is WD40 which is of course petroleum based and the Bowdens folk recommended being very cautious about using some of their petroleum based products (Ta Ta Tar for example) on PPF or ceramic. I sense they just hadn't tested it but intuitively you'd think it wouldn't hurt ceramic.

Hence why I was wondering if the Koch product was petroleum based.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Yes. Will look fantastic on your car. Looks like you are already lowered but if not you must do it.
Cheers, yeah already lowered, Eibach Pro-Kit 1.1 inch in front 1 in the back.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes agree that agitation of bugs, with their nasty shell like little bodies, is to be avoided. The best bug remover I've ever used (many years ago) is WD40 which is of course petroleum based and the Bowdens folk recommended being very cautious about using some of their petroleum based products (Ta Ta Tar for example) on PPF or ceramic. I sense they just hadn't tested it but intuitively you'd think it wouldn't hurt ceramic.

Hence why I was wondering if the Koch product was petroleum based.
Turtle Wax makes a foaming bug and tar remover that has no petroleum smell and works as well or better than even the harshest cleaner I've used at less enlightened age. Not saying there aren't lots of better ones, just its the best I've seen. I think they have a spray version. Can't vouch for the spray but if active ingredients are the same, obviously foam would be superior for soaking.

Sponsored

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Finnaly pulled the trigger on some car bling in the shape of some new wheels. Should be arriving July sometime. Can't wait as I've been looking for new mags solidly for a few year and finally decided on these. Project 6GR wheels 7 spoke, Staggered Full Set
(2) 20x10 Gloss Black (Spun Forged)
(2) 20x11 Gloss Black (Spun Forged)
20210512_064737.jpg
20210512_064536.jpg
20210512_064550.jpg
20210512_064635.jpg
Great choice I have these on my car - exactly the same set up. Light, easy to clean all the way through the barrel and when they are waxed they just are amazing in the sunlight.
IMG_0927.JPG
IMG_0935.JPG

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Great choice I have these on my car - exactly the same set up. Light, easy to clean all the way through the barrel and when they are waxed they just are amazing in the sunlight.
IMG_0927.JPG
IMG_0935.JPG
Beautiful mate, love it. Can you post a few more photos to give us a good look. I actually haven't seen another car with them on in the flesh. I'm really excited about the wheels.

Sponsored

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Hey there - more pics as requested.

tempImagevnTBYo.jpg
tempImageckTSp3.jpg
IMG_0936.JPG
IMG_0940.JPG
IMG_0941.JPG
tempImagevnTBYo.jpg
tempImageckTSp3.jpg
IMG_0936.JPG
IMG_0940.JPG
IMG_0941.JPG

So I've tried to give some other shots of the rims on the car. Note that mine is lowered by an inch and a half / 38mm but what I can confirm is that 20 x 11 x 295 on the rear has room and in the two and a bit years they have been on the car there has been no rubbing at all - so if you wanted to be more aggressive with set up you certainly could be. And I can absolutely confirm that they sit under the arch with no 'poke'. You'll love em.
Sponsored