Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0 what's your favorite method of removing bugs? I currently apply B's Fully Slick as a barrier after a wash per their rec, and remove said buggers with B's Bugger Off and their bug cloth. Seems to work pretty well but I suspect they'll always be a pest (:giggle:)to get off.

And...how did you get past the staff in the new car showroom to set this photo up ?
As mentioned by Bulutt, a good wax/sealant/coating will play a big role in how easy bugs are to remove. For the Mustang, a pressure wash and snow-foam soak will remove most bugs, then the contact wash will remove any that remain.

For a car that has baked on bugs that resist the pressure washer, I will use CarPro Bug Off. Spray the product on, allow to soak for a few minutes, then agitate with a microfibre cloth or wash pad and thoroughly rinse. Bug Off does have the ability to compromise a wax/sealant though, so use wisely.

oct132.jpg

Oh, and yes getting past the Ming Mole to set up my own display of interior protection products was a mighty mission. :giggle:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I actually did something to the Mustang today other than wash it.

These Fit-My-Car mats are quality Australian made items. I ordered them with the 700 g/sm material, red binding and opted for white stitching to match the white stitching on the Mustang's leather trim.

nov261.jpg

nov265.jpg

Before with the factory supplied mats -

nov262.jpg

And with the new (Excuse the finger marks, they are just so soft đź‘Ś)

nov264.jpg

nov263.jpg

I'm really happy with the fit and look. I only ordered the front set, I never have rear seat passengers. Fit-My-Car have 15% off at the moment for those who are interested.

https://www.fitmycar.com/au/

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Replaced Continental ContiSport Contacts with Michelin MPS4S (long story)
The Continentals were diabolical in the rear in the wet .
Michelins have a much better 'feel' .
My Steeda 'Stop the Hop" parts are quarantined on the wharves in Brisbane.

Sponsored

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Finally have my car back

It’s good to have the car back after a long delay on diagnosing the miss firing and to the SA shut down. Didn’t think I would miss so much not having it home.

Intake manifold suffered a broken IMRC shaft on left bank, replaced under Ford warranty

(Thank you Henry)

As part of the replacement setup a relearn was performed.

The car now idles a lot smoother.

Replaced the rear tyres, I stayed with the Michelin PS4S

So spent the last night and this morning cleaning and detailing.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
I got some Steeda stuff from Steeda in the US. Inc shipping and duty I saved about AUD $300 on best AUS price I could get. I don’t care what they call it. I’m in for a deal.

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Wow. My inlet temps are usually around 40 but the cylinder head hovers around 95 to 105...

Sponsored

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Thinking about fitting Ford Performance or Steeda lowering springs (Magneride Suspension)
Any opinions ?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@Ford18 do you want to lower it for performance or looks Bob? If it's for looks, a set of wider wheels does wonders to reduce the sunken look of the originals and the somewhat suspended appearance of the stock car. I got 19x11/10 wheels and they changed the look of the car dramatically. If you search for photos of people in the US running even 5mm spacers on stock rims you'll see what a difference it makes. Added springs with a 7/8" F and .5" R drop and I'm re-thinking it. Pushing the rim out a bit makes a big difference. Lots of opinions and photos on the Suspension thread. Just my 2c.

Last edited:

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Thinking about fitting Ford Performance or Steeda lowering springs (Magneride Suspension)
Any opinions ?

I have the FP M-9602-M kit. Not fitted yet. Still awaiting lift....
Lots of stuff on this kit here.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...d-performance-magneride-handling-pack.116464/

Also: American Muscle speaking with Ford Engineer on FP Suspension upgrades including Magnaride.

Start at time 6.05 for Magnaride description, and 12.45 for the Magnaride test drive. They take 4 different 2018 cars with different suspension setups through a Ford proving ground track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwxShC09Y1U

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have steeda. Work and look gr8. As I have suggested before, doesn’t look lowered to me, just looks right.

1AE7FA87-D4E1-4166-BD24-6732DD0C1881.jpeg

CED03BF7-CCD8-4443-9D99-8581849A18E4.jpeg
I think it looks great. Little difference at the back, but very noticeable at the front where they need it the most.

I suspect that early on, the spring manufacturers got caught out a little on MR cars when quoting the drop as the MR cars came a little lower as standard from the factory. I’ve read a few posts where the early adopters of the aftermarket MR springs didn’t notice any difference. Just my theory and I guess an official story will never be known :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored