Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
More wheel cleaning, this time in preparation for some CarPro Hydr02. Hopefully this will make future cleaning easier.

IMG-3801.jpg

IMG-3806.jpg

Then CarPro Reload for the paint, door jams and under bonnet painted surfaces.

IMG-3815.jpg

IMG-3819.jpg

Leather clean and protect.

IMG-3821.jpg

Started at 10.30am, finished at 3.02pm (how appropriate).
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Put a set of AirDesign hood scoops on. They came in paintable matt black so I had them sprayed OF. They appear well made and still have the slight functionality of the originals.
IMG_20191220_134238.jpg
IMG_20191220_134251.jpg
IMG_20191220_134333.jpg

ruffchance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Auto, 1942 Harley Davidson,1994 Custom Harley Softail
Yesterday, I changed the look of the rear end:

1. Replaced the CERVINI 'Stalker" Spoiler, with a Pedestal style PP 1 WING ( got tired of the "ducktail' look...)

2. Replaced the boot " garnish" to remove the fake / phony Petrol cap...

3. Changed quater vents to "Arrow" style to match the rear window louvre

A much better look than stock, I think... ( a couple of before & after shots)

In the New Year, will paint (Black ) the dull, grey plastic trim, running all way round the bottom of

the car... (Lip splitter, Side skirts, rocker winglets, Diffuser...)
DSCN0390.JPG
DSCN1166.JPG

ruffchance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Auto, 1942 Harley Davidson,1994 Custom Harley Softail
Good job mate. She looks way way better. Those cervini spoilers look hideous :giggle:
Thanks Wolfgang!....appreciate the feedback !!( usually hard to generate any sort of response ( - or + )

on this " Aussie" forum !!

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yesterday my Exotic Pony Mods 3A/3R sequential tail lights arrived. These are a complete new light fitting and I got them in clear white as I think that the red or smoked black would not suit my car. The white is not as white as the OEM, which is a shame. In the on table comparison the oem is on the left. In the on car comparison the oem is on the right. The install instructions left a lot to be desired. There was no mention of the magnetic clip or removal of the top shroud on the old lights. Common sense but instructions should be complete. There was also no mention or reference to the required subwoofer removal.

The fit is a little off with the whole light sitting higher than previous. It seems to me that I would have to enlarge the lights locator and fixing bolt holes to enable it to sit lower. If I don't come up with an alternative maybe that's the way I will go.

I have included a vid of the lights in cursor mode which works great. I haven't shown it with the 3 brake light bars on as those do not show properly in a video.
I am sort of happy enough with the end product but at the price point they could have been better.

IMG_20191222_141932.jpg
IMG_20191222_112952.jpg
IMG_20191222_114549.jpg

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
I've just checked my one during daylight and can also confirm that the factory ones fit and look better. I'm my opinion not really worth the $1400 asking price.

My ones came with no instructions whatsoever, so I had to figure it out on my own. It is however an amazing mod.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I've just checked my one during daylight and can also confirm that the factory ones fit and look better. I'm my opinion not really worth the $1400 asking price.

My ones came with no instructions whatsoever, so I had to figure it out on my own. It is however an amazing mod.

Yeah, I am used to the american made parts that mostly fit exactly and their included instructions that cover more than everything needed to be moved etc.

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Yeah, I am used to the american made parts that mostly fit exactly and their included instructions that cover more than everything needed to be moved etc.
I just checked again and there's a good 8 - 10mm gap between the bumper and the inner edge of the bottom of the light assembly. While it cannot be seen when the boot is closed, it looks fkn shit house when the boot is open, especially on my car since it is white. Bugger

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I just checked again and there's a good 8 - 10mm gap between the bumper and the inner edge of the bottom of the light assembly. While it cannot be seen when the boot is closed, it looks fkn shit house when the boot is open, especially on my car since it is white. Bugger
And with that you will probably have the boot not lining up with the base of the lights when it is closed.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
How frustrating/disappointing. Can't understand how Exotic Pony Mods could release these without telling customers about this issue unless of course it's a bad batch. Maybe it's why they're on sale for $899 on the website.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
How frustrating/disappointing. Can't understand how Exotic Pony Mods could release these without telling customers about this issue unless of course it's a bad batch. Maybe it's why they're on sale for $899 on the website.
Yes very frustrating. They are actually $1300. The cheaper ones are the USDM 5 mode.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I’m very loathe to do anything related to the electronics on these cars.

Not even change some lamps to LEDs.

As the cars get older the electronics get more temperamental and I want to avoid any problem if I have an issue with them.

That’s me though, most mods don’t bother me but the electronics do.

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
upload_2019-12-24_18-2-22.png

From Pony Parts Australia, bought some foam and cut it to suit rather than cut the felt on the underside of the boot floor panel as per the instructions.
155/70/19 is almost the same diameter as the rears 135/70/19 on others is considerably shorter . Something to be aware of.
Sponsored