Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

ruffchance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Auto, 1942 Harley Davidson,1994 Custom Harley Softail
I should have mentioned about the bumper. It's a crap shoot. On the sides, the bumper slides between the fender and a block bolted to the car and is held there by small tabs similar to what holds the grill in place. The only way to remove the bumper after the bolts in various places (engine compartment, wheel well, etc.) is to pull sideways until the tabs are forced out of the slots they snapped into. But on some cars that block is closer to the fender or the slots or bumper are a bit ragged making it very hard to pull the bumper to the side. On my car, one side almost fell out (smooth parts, more clearance between block and fender). On the other side, the slots were almost torn before they would pull free and only with great force. What pissed me off the most was that Ford mounted the block with bolt heads only accessible with the bumper off. They could easily have made it so the block could be removed from inside so that if you got a bad luck of the draw, you could just remove the block so nothing held the bumper on the side and bolt it back when done. If you bumper is hard to get off, I would clean up all the mating surfaces while the bumper is off so it's easier the next time. And file down one side of the block its too close to the fender.

Wow ...I'm really enthused now!! Thanks for those tips ! ( In 2008 I replaced the HOLDEN front grill on a 2007 V8 , SS Commodore with
a " CHEV" one, & it took like a whole 10 minutes! )
Sponsored

ruffchance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
I think the new ecoboost high performance grille and the california special grille look amazing. I wonder if we can get them here?
Yep...they do look special ! ....I see there are a lot for sale on E/Bay, but not sure if they are the real deal??

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Mick just do it. I've got one on a black 2017 GT with the stock lower grille and reckon it's the duck's guts. Gives the front of the car a lot more definition and presence, and the fact that it's the original style with the corral around the pony (to stop it sliding across the grille when you go around corners) is even better.

ruffchance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the "thumbs up ! "...I like it when one gets an endorsement from an experienced & seasoned

"poster" !.. I ordered the " lower grill' from "My Mus. Mods" ...they say about 2 weeks from to get from their US warehouse...

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Change to white...hmmm that's the worst paint job I've ever seen on a Mustang. Drips off the front spoiler and sills, overspray on the headlights and you can still see the red underneath :shock:

swinetune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79.85.86.88 Pontiac Transam, 2011 SV6
Thanks for the "thumbs up ! "...I like it when one gets an endorsement from an experienced & seasoned

"poster" !.. I ordered the " lower grill' from "My Mus. Mods" ...they say about 2 weeks from to get from their US warehouse...
When replacing the grille, I found that feeler gauges were a great help to remove the existing one. Just place a feeler gauge between each clip and voila.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

ruffchance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
When replacing the grille, I found that feeler gauges were a great help to remove the existing one. Just place a feeler gauge between each clip and voila.
Thanks Matt...duly noted!

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Today I collected my DHG fuse box cover that the dealership got signed for me by Scott McLaughlan
What is a DHG fuse box cover. Do you have a photo?
Sponsored