Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Mqrko

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marko
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016
Mirrors are great :thumbsup:. Did you repaint your own or get additional painted ones?
It's repainted.
I had an accident few weeks ago so I ask the smash repair to paint them as extra so I don't have to go back again :)

I put shockworks in my grabber set the height not to low set them on 2 with damping with bridgestone RE11 they will do me :thumbsup:
Did you do yours at Sinclair ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

fordtj69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 and 2016 & 2017 fastbacks
It's repainted.
I had an accident few weeks ago so I ask the smash repair to paint them as extra so I don't have to go back again :)

Did you do yours at Sinclair ?
no my car's are not from Sinclair's bought them from mustang motorsport and fitted them and got alignment done at Sydney suspension penrith

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
rears

Black painted mirrors
US lower grille
MRR M600
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 285/35/19
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 325/30/19

Need to lower the car now, it looks so dodgy :frusty:
Love those wheels, what offset did you do for the rears?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it looks very weird :s

Still don't know which way to go between Shockworks and ST XTA coilover :/
I think the reason it looks "weird" is cos you've effectively lost a half inch of sidewall... well, that's what my tyre calculator says. By comparison, I'm running a 275/35/19 on my factory rears (cos cheap and disposable for hooliganism) and they work out to be the same sidewall as what you're running. They look a bit wrong even with the car dropped 35mm :doh:
Lowering may not actually cure it completely, but it'll be a damn good start.
Love the wheels though. Very nice! :cheers:

Please note, car is actually squatting in the pic. Front tyre is 285/35/20 which is ever so slightly larger than OEM fitment. 35mm lowered plus whatever squat off the line.
IMG_2255.jpg
IMG_2256.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks cool :) what times did you run?
Runs 8.2's at ~93MPH on the 1/8th. That's on pump fuel, standard tyre pressures, kids seats fitted etc. Lack of grip is killing me. Plenty of cars out there running sub 8s with nowhere near that MPH.
E85 and race tune don't offer faster times, just harder to launch cos of brutal power delivery.
Bought the Federal 595 RSRR's on the advice of others. Not a good move for times. Smaller circumference means being slightly over the curve in third at the finish line. Swapping to fourth is slower.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
Got the windows tinted today, a freebee from the dealer (a minor delivery issue, they are 500km away for which they offered to pay for a tint).

Pretty happpy with the outcome and I think I am now done. Only other mod I can think of (after five weeks of ownership) would be some more torque below 4,000rpm.
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_0406.JPG

Sponsored

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now im confused whether to go 19s or 20s!
see my post above, they are 19's. My personal view is that the 19's are a better visual fit for the car -particularly the convertible.

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Got the windows tinted today, a freebee from the dealer (a minor delivery issue, they are 500km away for which they offered to pay for a tint).

Pretty happpy with the outcome and I think I am now done. Only other mod I can think of (after five weeks of ownership) would be some more torque below 4,000rpm.
What tyre sizes are you running? Square or staggered?

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Running 9.5 inch square. When the stock tyres wear out, which will be soon as they are crap, I will probably go up to 11's in the rear.