Sponsored

What did I break? pics included

Slow6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 401A PP1
Having the same-ISH issue. mine's coming from the driveshaft side with a lot more fluid though. Bringing it it first thing tomorrow for warranty work (3k away from getting past the power train warranty:whew:.)

View attachment 360723

EDIT: noob and idk how to resize. sorry for large af pic.
IMG_1935.jpg

EDIT AGAIN: Took it in today. Car is still under warranty. They're replacing the pinion seal and they also found a valve leak, fixing that one too. Yay warranty :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
2016 and I believe I have 3 weeks of warranty left. Do you think they could possibly deny me for have suspension mods? I know its hit or miss and depends on the dealer

Also how serious is this? Is this start babying it till you get it fixed?
Play nice and maybe warranty claim will go smooth.
Don't know your mods but changing ride height or shaft angles could be reason for decline and is actually spelled out in your owners manual consequential damage is not covered

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Seeping from the axle seals are normal if you're doing any kind of drag racing usually. Mine was perfectly clean on my 2015 until I had wheel hop a few times. Then a small amount of seepage. Seems to happen on a lot of cars. New seals and New axles, it still did it but not nearly as bad. It was never actually wet either.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
My car's been up on Jack's for the last week and I've noticed the same on my diff. Both sides have wept a bit more than pic I've seen here. No dripping and I'll check the fluid level soon enough.

I'm assuming this would fall under the drivetrain warranty of 5 yrs/50,000 miles?

Who's had their seals replaced?
20190511_142204.jpg

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think the way the pinion flange bearings are designed, significant diff movement from drag/WOT shifting will result in small amounts of weep. Constraining the diff via bushing inserts and upgraded hardware should help with that.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
I noticed a few days ago a slight oil leak on my driveway. The passenger side rear axle seal is leaking. Taking it to the dealer next week. They will replace the bearing and the seal. It will be covered under the 5/60 warranty unless they give me grief about the car being lowered.The car had a proper wheel alignment after the springs were installed so I don't believe "Camber" is an issue with the axle seals.

I also believe that installing stiffer diff bushings might alleviate this problem in the future. I may do this after the axle seal/bearing is replaced.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sooo, according to Bill ( the guy who does the CJ Pony Parts videos ). it seems that Mustangs that have been lowered have more issues with axle seals. Anyone know why??????

I would think that if the car had a proper 4-wheel alignment after the spring installation, that there really shouldn't be a problem......right???

OP
OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Update is I cleaned up the oil and monitored it biweekly. Seemed to only seep after I beat the shit out of her. Checked the oil level and it was still good, will be doing a fluid change after the winter.

I didnt have the car lowered when this happened so it wasnt spring related if that helps anyone.

Sponsored

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same thing as the original pics... maybe a bit more. It doesn’t drip or create pools and the fluid level is fine so I’m not super concerned. Could be leaking out of breather or axle seals as I have a whipple and send it pretty hard.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
2016 and I believe I have 3 weeks of warranty left. Do you think they could possibly deny me for have suspension mods? I know its hit or miss and depends on the dealer

Also how serious is this? Is this start babying it till you get it fixed?
They fixed mine with a Whipple and suspension mods under warranty. Just needs a couple of new seals.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR axle seal AND bearing replaced under warranty. Dealer did not mention the STEEDA springs on my car :thumbsup:

I will be installing STEEDA diff bushings this week in an effort to forestall anymore axle seal issues.
I noticed a few days ago a slight oil leak on my driveway. The passenger side rear axle seal is leaking. Taking it to the dealer next week. They will replace the bearing and the seal. It will be covered under the 5/60 warranty unless they give me grief about the car being lowered.The car had a proper wheel alignment after the springs were installed so I don't believe "Camber" is an issue with the axle seals.

I also believe that installing stiffer diff bushings might alleviate this problem in the future. I may do this after the axle seal/bearing is replaced.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Normal on the iron diffs. Leave it be unless you start seeing spots on the garage floor

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Doesn't take much of a seep to seem like a lot either....
Sponsored