Sponsored

What cat back works (Mid-connection) with Kooks LT's?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Found an absolute MESS under the car with the exhaust. Looks like someone hacked the crap out of it at some point. Clamps missing, Mid pipe connection almost pulling apart etc...... Looks like someone cut the factory mid section about an inch or so too short.

I'm going to try to get sleeve clamps over the connection, and try to push the system forward a little if I can first.

Do the aftermarket cat-backs slip fit over the Kooks LT's? I'm at work, so I cant measure the reduced connection diameter on the Kooks ATM. Looks like 2.5'? Trying to possibly pick out a good easy to adapt cat-back soon. I don't want ridiculous loud anymore. I'm 45, and done with those days.....
Exhaust1.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cory S

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The AWE Touring cat back, has my attention......

OK.. Another that is interesting me....

Borla Touring 2.5 in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cory S

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Those look like the Kooks reducers that are intended to work with the stock catback. So any catback that is designed to work with the stock headers should fit fine.

Are the Kooks connections 2 1/4"?

OP
OP
Cory S

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Those look like the Kooks reducers that are intended to work with the stock catback. So any catback that is designed to work with the stock headers should fit fine.

Are the Kooks connections 2 1/4"?
I’ll be measuring tomorrow, but the stock exhaust is mated up to it, so I assume yes. And the clamps are there, but just spun around to the inside. I ordered new clamps for the new AWE system I purchased.
Sponsored