Sponsored

What cars did you cross-shop before deciding on the Mustang?

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Camaro > Subaru STi > Mustang. Good thing that the first two didnt give me a deal because I would regret greatly if I bought the one of the other two.
Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
09 Jaguar XK coupe. Actually it's a hatch. Lots of low mileage XK's out there but like all premium brands, the thought of having to have any repair done on it out of warranty scared me away. I sooo wish the new Mustang was a hatch like the old Fox body. I loved the mix of utility and muscle car of my 88 GT.

Bang Stang

Chicks love the BangStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sublime Hellcat Challenger 6m
I really had my heart set out on a Scat Pack Challenger. I loved the look and was just looking for the right one to trade in my 2010 Camaro for. I considered waiting for the 2016 Camaro but I was itching for a car now and did not want to wait. I never really thought about a 2015 mustang because when it was revealed I was very disappointed with the look. I did look at 10-12 GT500 and Boss 302 but I wanted a next gen car and interior. I ultimately went with a GT because of price. Id save $8000 over the challenger and I knew I would be under a 2016 Camaro at least $4000. I love the interior of my mustang and the exterior is still growing on me. Some angles I absolutely love while others not so much. Its a beautiful car none the less and I am very happy with the money I saved and the value I got from this amazing machine. No Ragrets

Last edited:

2badknees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Convertible
It was down to a 340i, S4 and the Mustang. Trying to find a manual transmission in a BMW or Audi was impossible and making a deal on one was worse! Looking forward to getting my 16 vert 5.0 PP!

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Race Red/PP; 2009 Tundra RW
There were no other models on my list. It was a Mustang all the way. My only debate was whether to go with a slightly used '13-'14, or the new '15. But when the time came, the prices on the older models and the lack of good inventory here made me move towards the S550. I love my decision to.

Sponsored

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
I traded my 08 GT for my 15 EB Prem w/PP. Went in last weekend to try to trade down to a low mileage 12 Boss 302, but was told I had -$12k equity in my EB, so I left telling myself to just live with my decision and make the EB work by modding the hell out of it!

I still may try to trade again next year after I pay the EB down some more and see what Ford puts on the table with new models. If the rumors about losing the V8 are true in the years to come, i don't know which direction I'll go - but either way it'll be a Mustang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
Walked into the dealership on 7/11/14. Placed my order with no intention of getting anything else because that's the only car my wife would let me consider....yes dear..

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
It was actually a hard decision for me between a Challenger RT and this car. I like both cars equally, so in the end it came down whichever one gave me the best power for the price. I have no regrets whatsoever because I have one of the two cars I've always wanted, and I'm definitely still open to getting a Challenger sometime down the road.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I was actually shopping for a Mazda 6 or a Ford Fusion. Ultimately decided that the Fusion was the one I wanted. Went to my Ford dealership, they didn't have the Fusion equipped they was I wanted. So as I was leaving, I saw the orange Mustang, walked back in, said I was taking the orange Mustang. 4 Months later here I am, happier than ever.
See, this is where I am at. I need a sedan, but the wife has a new CR-V, so we have a 4 door. Just wish it was comfortable, it's not. Was actually looking at an Accord, but now I am thinking that I want something fun for me. Mustang V6 is a good mix of practical price/operating costs and fun. GT is not practical for me. Too expensive for my budget. The V6 looks like a good car to drive back and forth to work and not feel bad putting 100K miles on. Problem is, I drive a 2005 Acura RL, which is a very comfortable, fairly powerful and good handling sedan. It just does everything well. And so far only the Mustang makes me want to come off my wallet. But the wallet is a bit thin lately, I need to wait a few months.

Sponsored

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
See, this is where I am at. I need a sedan, but the wife has a new CR-V, so we have a 4 door. Just wish it was comfortable, it's not. Was actually looking at an Accord, but now I am thinking that I want something fun for me. Mustang V6 is a good mix of practical price/operating costs and fun. GT is not practical for me. Too expensive for my budget. The V6 looks like a good car to drive back and forth to work and not feel bad putting 100K miles on. Problem is, I drive a 2005 Acura RL, which is a very comfortable, fairly powerful and good handling sedan. It just does everything well. And so far only the Mustang makes me want to come off my wallet. But the wallet is a bit thin lately, I need to wait a few months.

Same. I needed a commuter car as I had just purchased a Lexus IS350 F Sport. Put close to 900miles on the same week i got it going to and back from work. I was hurting. So decided to get another car that wouldn't hurt to out mileage on. Enter the Mazda or Fusion. Eliminated the Mazda due to feeling a bit cramped. Fusion was the sweet spot. Didn't find the one I wanted fell in love with the Mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I think if I go 4 door it will be a base mazda 6 with custom 18" wheels. That thing looks very nice for a 4 door and Mazda knows how to tune suspensions for the best combination of comfort and handling whereas the Accord would fall flat in spirited driving. Really that's the best choice for me and I do plan on going and driving one.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
For me it was keeping my 13 GT, or selling it all together and just driving my beater for a while, M235I on an employee lease through work, new F150, 2012 GT500 we took in on trade at work, or what I ultimately ended up with.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I was looking for all verts (needed trunk space since only car and I take a lot of trips a year and needed to have four seats):

Used: Lexus IS 350 - hard to find and expensive

Used: Infiniti g37 - my "dream car" until I drove one...

Used: BMW - not much for what you pay... and realiabiltiy questions on used BMWs (even if unfounded, they are in MY mind).

Camaro - hard to see out of... and the trunk space was better than the cars above but the trunk opening was an odd shape to me. A lot of road noise from several of the verts. Plus the 2014 interior looked cheap once I sat in the 2015 mustang. The SS sounded cool and could pull away from others in traffic. :-)

Mustang fit the bill... more than happy with my decision.

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I think if I go 4 door it will be a base mazda 6 with custom 18" wheels. That thing looks very nice for a 4 door and Mazda knows how to tune suspensions for the best combination of comfort and handling whereas the Accord would fall flat in spirited driving. Really that's the best choice for me and I do plan on going and driving one.
I traded my 2014 Honda Accord (v6) in to a Mazda dealership. All of the sales guys took it for a drive and every single one of them said the Accord was a far better car all around. I thought that was funny.

One of these 2 cars has won Car&Drivers top 10 award for over 25 years, I don't think the other has ever. I would highly suggest you pick the one that has.

The stock tires on Accords are pretty bad (best described as "floaters"), buy the 19" Honda Performance rims with real tires and the car really comes alive (at least as much as these 4 door family sedans can come alive for).

I was amazingly happy with this car all around. You could stomp it on the freeway at 60 MPH and actually spin the wheels. The only reason I got rid of it was because I quit my job and wanted to get out of the payment. I traded it in a year later for only $1000 less then I walked off the lot with. I had paid it down $4K already so it gave me $3K bonus on what I traded it for.

You cant even get a V6 on the Mazda 6 and with the cylender shut down, the Accord (with near 300 HP) gets as good of gas mileage on the freeway.
980476_10201341698652597_2059665485_o (1).jpg
Sponsored