What Car Wash Wax Products are you using I like the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Beautiful color nice choice and awesome car.
Thank you... Ruby Red is definitely my favorite. From what I seen it is not available for 2020 and is being replaced by Rapid Red. That is what made my purchase sooner than expected.
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The only "wax" I have used in the last few years has been Collinite 845, great durability and a richness to it shine that makes the effort worthwhile.

IMG_1819.jpg

This image right after a coat of 845.

e3.jpg

That said, I have mostly been using spray coatings. These are so much easier to apply, simply spray and wipe.

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG-2807.jpg

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I've got one coat of Jescar Power Lock Plus sealant on my Mustang topped with two coats of Collinite 845.

That said, I've got both Turtle Wax Seal nShine and the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax waiting for my Edge when I get time. Couldn't decide which one to buy, so I bought both.

I found out the hard way that Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss strips wax and sealant after using it properly diluted on my Edge.

I switched to Griots Car Wash and it did a much better job without stripping anything.

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
I use beadmaker, people say it’s hyped. All I know is it works fantastic after the first application.
I haven’t used soap to was my car in months.
NovaGt don’t read this or you might go blind. I use a power washer with a 40 degree tip and rinse the car off and it is completely clean and smooth again.
I use a leaf blower to quickly blow the water off not to worry about it being 100% dry. After I use a dreadnaught towel and the beadmaker I just spray 2 or 3 light sprays on each panel while drying it off every time rinse and dry it off.
I have been doing this for 8 months and it works great. The whole process takes about 30 mins from start to finish including putting it all away.
White doesn’t show the shine well, but it’s so smooth and slick and the gloss is great
The
1744B0D4-953D-4D4E-ADF1-397728590AA6.jpeg
CB95CFC8-F9B8-41D1-9EDA-548F929E207A.jpeg

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I've got one coat of Jescar Power Lock Plus sealant on my Mustang topped with two coats of Collinite 845.

That said, I've got both Turtle Wax Seal nShine and the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax waiting for my Edge when I get time. Couldn't decide which one to buy, so I bought both.

I found out the hard way that Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss strips wax and sealant after using it properly diluted on my Edge.

I switched to Griots Car Wash and it did a much better job without stripping anything.
For my 2014 GT500 and DD 2016 Charger Hellcat, I used a liberal medium to heavy coat of Meguirs HCW and then rinsed and blew the car dry. I then used the Turtle Wax Ice seal n shine as a top coat to remove any streaks or remaining HCW. I am more than impressed with the ease of use and the amazing results. I basically do my normal wash routine, but add the HCW every 3-4 washes (first coat heaviest) before final rinse. Now instead of Meguirs instant detailer to finish it off after blow drying, I use the Turtle Ice spray every time. The cars have never beaded water or held the clean look longer. I’m sold for ease of use and cost.
-J

Sponsored

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I am using Mequiar's #21 on my Bullitt and am very pleased. I am thinking of trying Avalon King Ceramic coating. If I do, I'll try it first on the hood of my Sport Trac in case there are unexpected issues.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Adams ceramic, although I was scolded on another thread for repeating the name that Adams gives it because it's not a "true ceramic"...all I know is it's easy to apply and makes the car shine like hell. $100 for the kit on Amazon.

IMG_2119.JPG
IMG_2121.JPG

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT (Grabber Lime), 1996 Ford Ranger
I like the Meguiars Hybrid Fruity Spray too. I just don't like the bottle. Like many others who ordered online, I received a bad one. But the product is solid. Just use it sparingly like their video instructs. Use too much and it'll be streak-city for you. Ask me how I know:

Currently, I bought a bottle of Turtle Wax Ice Seal & Shine which appears to be beating every product on the market according to several Youtube testers. I'm going to try it in a couple months after I've used up all the other product I've been testing.

I'll also be testing Eagle One Wipe & Shine Detailer. That seems to be pretty hot these days too.
Yep the videos ive watched about the Turtle Wax says its the best hands down.

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Meguiars HCW is great stuff. I am just as impressed with Turtle Wax Wax And Dry that I have been buying for $4 a 26 oz bottle from Amazon shipped free. Less than one third the price of HCW and just as easy to use if not easier. Doesn’t last as long but, shines as good or better than HCW and I’m retired, have time on my hands and spray the Wax And Dry almost every time I wash which is every 2 to 3 days. Turtle Wax has very impressive products nowadays.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
9F40D3AB-0A61-4635-8249-8CA1E9DCAB4A.jpeg
7DCB29D4-853C-4E4B-8925-955BFDD540AF.jpeg
Did my Supra last evening and hand rubbed her in which the hand rubbing is definitely a project. But once you have a good coat of this and or another wax the just spray and rinse is very nice.

Not to get off,topic, but the Ceramic looks like it does a good job on it. How do you like the Supra? Any details on it such as option packages, etc?

I’ve seen some online comments say that if applying the Meguiars Ceramic, it gives a better “wow” factor if it’s applied by rubbing in... as opposed to just spray-n-rinse... anyone?

Sponsored
OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Da
Not to get off,topic, but the Ceramic looks like it does a good job on it. How do you like the Supra? Any details on it such as option packages, etc?

I’ve seen some online comments say that if applying the Meguiars Ceramic, it gives a better “wow” factor if it’s applied by rubbing in... as opposed to just spray-n-rinse... anyone?
Sorry for the long response I belong to many other forums and have not checked in for awhile. The Supra does not offer many packages per se. I have the Premium which is the highest level with the exception to the Launch Edition just cosmetic. She’s a blast to drive since it reminds me of me growing up and driving my dads 1978 Datsun 280Z. It’s a true sports car feel and drive. The auto is nice and no manual option but in sport mode she has the same characteristics as my GT 10 speed auto. She has a really sweet exhaust that burps and gurgles and you feel like she has more power than advertised. Her back end will kick out very easily and definitely a great drifting car so summing it up she’s a really fun car and bang for the buck. As far as the Ceramic Wax application it’s best when sprayed on and rubbed in with the water while your hand toweling her dry. You can see snd feel the wax as you rub her down and it applies better than just spraying it over the wet car and then hosing her off.
Here’s a good video and review
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/20...ideo-from-vir-lightning-lap-2019-by-c-d.2604/

Last edited:

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
As soon as I buy some Seal and Shine, Turtle Wax decides to up their game. Always my luck, lol!

Living in a condo, I'm very interested in the claim that you can use this stuff in direct sunlight/heat.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Meguiar's® Ultimate Wash & Wax

Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Sine

Chemical Guys:
HYBRID V07 OPTICAL SELECT QUICK DETAIL SPRAY
Silk Shine

Griot’s Waterless Wash

67E0AAFA-9198-4065-AA39-3ABC76D26FD7.jpeg

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Getting confused- if you use the Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax, should you still wax?? Why would you?
Also if you ceramic coat your vehicle are you suppose to still wax?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up some of the Turtle Wax Seal and Shine at Walmart - for the price - why not. I finally cleaned our '12 F150. It's a truck. We use it as a truck and it's black, so yeah. Washed it, dried it and dried the Turtle Wax. Wow. Seriously - it's not major paint correction, I get that. But even my wife said "I didn't know the truck had metallic in the paint?".

Can't believe how well it worked for the low amount of expense and effort.
Sponsored