Sponsored

What car has the most obnoxious drivers when you drive your S550.

Dmesser92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I didn’t even have to think about the question. No doubt it’s the Honda Accord V6. Especially the coupe version.
Sponsored

Camaroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 camaro ss
The only cars that have messed with me are subaru wrxs, a couple hondas, and trucks. Trucks probably the most. Always be sure to be ahead of a diesel truck though lest they roll coal at you....

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
This will be the first semester in a college town with the GT not counting Summer II when the population is far below Fall and Spring.

It's chaotic and annoying but if the students were not here I would not have a job (no prof here) but it's life in higher ed :D

CCalvinN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Lemme start by saying that I believe the nicest drivers out there are fellow Mustang owners. I constantly get a smile, a wave, a nod. No annoying/obnoxious need to ‘come at me bro’.

The most annoying drivers are the ones that want to show off or prove themselves. As if impressing me and my ‘stang is going to justify their life choices. Most commonly modified Chargers/Challengers, but just about anybody that’s put their cash under the hood, wants to front, and doesn’t know how to drive. I pulled into a gas station the other night and there was a late 90s Ford Crown Vic painted white, black, primer, and Bondo. I can appreciate it… he’s working on it and making it good again. Once I pull up to the pump he starts reving and reving. I glance back ready to give a wave and a smile… who doesn’t love the sound of a well-tuned V8 with custom exhaust… and he’s staring daggers at me like I just made fun of his mom. He then proceeds to do a burn out right into the street and almost right into a passing truck.

The other example that makes me just laugh is another gas station example. Pull in and start feeding the 5.0 and a souped up Challenger with obnoxious (not just loud, but truly obnoxious), exhaust and a chameleon paint job starts reving. Again, I turn with the plan to smile and nod and instead get a look of death back. He revs up, burns out, and doesn’t bother to shift as he redlines it onto the street. It sounded pretty good for about 6 seconds until he blew the motor, adding a bunch of white steam to his white smoke from the burned rubber.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Over here in Germany it’s anything made by Volkswagen Auto Group that has less than five cylinders. I get tuned Golf GTIs etc trying to hang when it goes to no speed limit all the time. The look on their faces is priceless when their TÜV certified modded cars get stomped by my stock freedom machine.

Sponsored

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
(sigh) Biggest aggravation. My Cyclone with 3.55s is no match for a GT, Z-28, or SRT, but prolly could still hold it's own with a lot of cars (3.55s are fun off the line and a hoot for passing) However, I don't do street racing, fines are massive, and we've had a few fatalities locally. I drive quickly, but use my road manners. It seems when I have someplace to go, some jerk in a clapped out Camry, older Honda, or Altima will try to drag me away from stoplights (sigh). Then I have to slow down so the ijit knows I'm NOT going to race him. Don't know if its a challenge, or whether they want to see me get on it, or cuz I'm a girl (BTW, for some of the above posters, I was 1990 regional SCCA GSL Solo II (autocross) champion, so I'm a female that CAN drive :crackup::rockon:)
Most memorable ones were a hot hatch VW who damn near caused a few wrecks burning out from stoplights, zigzagging around in rush hour traffic while I just tried to stay out of the way. Another was an early S197 doing burnouts at each light...he either didn't know which S550 I had, or knew that all S550s could match the 300hp he had in his GT, lol.
Most recent was a CRV last Sunday who kept driving next to me, roaring away from stoplights then slowing. After the 4th one, I needed to get over in his lane. So when he did his roaring off, then slowing for me to catch him, I was already in sport mode. I eased up on him, then hit it, went from 30 to 60 in a split second, signaled, changed lanes, and slowed back down to normal. He stopped messing about after that.
I'd say it's not a particular brand, but more of a type. And oddly enough, a lot of the nods and thumbs up come from Camaros and Challengers.

Deleted member 35786

So the consensus of this thread is everyone except us in our Mustangs... lol

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Jeep Grand Cherokee’s, Tahoe’s, Escalades, Yukon’s.. Jeep’s grand Cherokees though are the worst around here. Not sure if they all think they have a track hawk or not but they’re bad.
This ↑↑↑ . Particularly Jeep Cherokees.

Mind if I add Nissan Armada to your list, though?

Way too many of the drivers of those vehicles suffer from tall man syndrome, that feeling where they're just naturally the boss and the rest of us are their subordinates.

Doesn't matter what car I'm driving for this to happen

Norm

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
People who drive beat up, older gen Audi S4, and older gen BMW M drivers (except M3's surprisingly). They seem to want to, "put me in my place" at every traffic light because I am driving something that looks fast (EB). But lately in my area, it's been the model 3 drivers. They are either accelerating like a drag race when they see me, or they are driving way too slow in left most lane, holding back a long line of cars.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
This ↑↑↑ . Particularly Jeep Cherokees.

Mind if I add Nissan Armada to your list, though?

Way too many of the drivers of those vehicles suffer from tall man syndrome, that feeling where they're just naturally the boss and the rest of us are their subordinates.

Doesn't matter what car I'm driving for this to happen

Norm
Almost got hit by a Jeep Cherokee yesterday. Stupid lady just rolled thru the stop sign and ignored the fact I existed.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
People who drive beat up, older gen Audi S4, and older gen BMW M drivers (except M3's surprisingly). They seem to want to, "put me in my place" at every traffic light because I am driving something that looks fast (EB). But lately in my area, it's been the model 3 drivers. They are either accelerating like a drag race when they see me, or they are driving way too slow in left most lane, holding back a long line of cars.
They want you to hear their exhaust.

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
BMW and Mercedes drivers. They think they are better than others on the road

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I've been annoyed with a couple bummers and priuses (prii(?)) From time to time but not all the time.

However, EVERY time I see a camaro on the street or highway they always act a fool, want to race or are just generally obnoxious or unsafe. Even the V6 guys. That's particularly funny.

It probably has to do with all the sponsor and track stickers/decals on my car. They probably feel like they have something to prove.

FWIW, I NEVER race on the street.

Reactions: A7X

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
That's interesting - typically Camaro and Challenger/Charger guys are fairly respectful and vice versa - except the one Camaro guy that yelled "nice toy"

Prius never had an issue with those guys. And in 2 years with this car and 18 previous I haven't had any tickets - lucky with this car as it's exceeded the speed limit once or twice;<)
Sponsored