Sponsored

What car has the most obnoxious drivers when you drive your S550.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I must be the worst driver then, because I own both a Prius and a Mustang...lol...
It could be a Long Island NY thing though. Hahaha

Nah you're probably fine good thing you can't drive both at once.
Sponsored

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
It could be a Long Island NY thing though. Hahaha

Nah you're probably fine good thing you can't drive both at once.
I know, it's like being Dr Heckyl and Mr Hype...lol... opposite ends. You're right, the Prius is a Long Island thing, I use it as a commuter car on the HOV lane...

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know, it's like being Dr Heckyl and Mr Hype...lol... opposite ends. You're right, the Prius is a Long Island thing, I use it as a commuter car on the HOV lane...
When I was living in California I was at a stop light one time and at the intersection I counted 7 Prius's and I knew right then that California was a lost cause politically and financially if people are that worried about gas prices. Also why I had the most problems with them they outnumbered any car on the road.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
A little off topic, but kinda related. A few months ago some jack wad in a VW GTI kept trying to get a V6 camaro to race him. We were on a 4 lane highway with traffic lights every so often with a speed limit of 50 mph. Finally they got caught a red light and were first in line, the camaro was in the far left lane, the GTI was next to him, I was next in my explorer, and some lady in a CRV was in the far right lane. The light turned green, and the jack wad in the GTI took off expecting the camaro to join in but he didn't. What he didn't expect was a big ass ford explorer to stay door to door with him and actually beat him to the next light. The look on his face was priceless when he realized he just got beat by a 5000 lb suv. A lot of people have no clue what an explorer sport has for power, they think its just another under powered over weight suv. They don't realize it has the same engine and power that the taurus SHO has, 365 hp out of a 3.5L ecoboost. When the camaro caught up to us he was laughing and gave me a huge thumbs up, and the jack wad in the VW drove like a granny until he turned off and went on his way.
Wait until the Ford Explorer ST is available. That has 400 HP.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
When I was living in California I was at a stop light one time and at the intersection I counted 7 Prius's and I knew right then that California was a lost cause politically and financially if people are that worried about gas prices. Also why I had the most problems with them they outnumbered any car on the road.
You know, I never even looked at a Prius until 6 month ago, my Audi S4 was coming to the end of the lease, and I got a new job job and now have to commute 25 miles with bad traffic...I was seriously considering buying the Audi off the lease, but then decided to buy the legendary Coyote Mustang :).

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
They're just trying to touch dat butt.
Or they are trying to read what it says on the back, in which case you need larger "ROUSH" signs.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
Or they are trying to read what it says on the back, in which case you need larger "ROUSH" signs.
Most likely old people just trying to read the "Roush" of the back of the car...

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Depending on when you were there, there was a time where Prius was just about the only brand that could actually qualify to drive in HOV lanes. That did a lot for sales.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Wait until the Ford Explorer ST is available. That has 400 HP.
They are out there already, I've actually driven one.

I had planned on an ST to replace the edge that I turned in off lease. My lease was up in April and I was going to extend it for six more months and get a new explorer ST, but back in December the deals were so good on leftover 18 explorers that I couldn't pass it up. I went from a 41K edge to a 53K explorer and my lease payment went down 20 bucks a month. and now I'll wait for 2022 to get one and they should have any bugs worked out by then.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Any vehicle is a potential for an obnoxious driver.

I like to get them in the Left lane, me in the Right.
That way, when we meet a cop, guess who gets pulled??????

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know, I never even looked at a Prius until 6 month ago, my Audi S4 was coming to the end of the lease, and I got a new job job and now have to commute 25 miles with bad traffic...I was seriously considering buying the Audi off the lease, but then decided to buy the legendary Coyote Mustang :).
Can't go wrong with a Coyote. :thumbsup:

Depending on when you were there, there was a time where Prius was just about the only brand that could actually qualify to drive in HOV lanes. That did a lot for sales.
Yeah the HOV thing probably did help a lot with sales.

Deleted member

Ooh i got a good one for you guys.... Fleet vehicles/work trucks.

Here's my theory, you got three situations with these guys. No offense if you're one of the following three.

1. The guy with brand new diesel/trailer. Usually owner operators, have nice stuff cause they work hard and take care of their sh**.
2. The fleet truck with the "how's my driving" sticker and a number to call. Truck usually has gps or a speed limiter, usually minding their own business in the slow lane.
3. The beat a** work truck, no Gps tracker here, hell he's probably even got a company gas card. This is the guy thats weaving in an out of lanes, riding peoples a** to try and intimidate them with their truck. Driving on the shoulder etc... These guys have got to be some of the worst, because they don't give a flying f**k about the vehicle they're driving, and their usually pissed off because they see guy #1 going down the road wishing that was them...

End rant

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ooh i got a good one for you guys.... Fleet vehicles/work trucks.

Here's my theory, you got three situations with these guys. No offense if you're one of the following three.

1. The guy with brand new diesel/trailer. Usually owner operators, have nice stuff cause they work hard and take care of their sh**.
2. The fleet truck with the "how's my driving" sticker and a number to call. Truck usually has gps or a speed limiter, usually minding their own business in the slow lane.
3. The beat a** work truck, no Gps tracker here, hell he's probably even got a company gas card. This is the guy thats weaving in an out of lanes, riding peoples a** to try and intimidate them with their truck. Driving on the shoulder etc... These guys have got to be some of the worst, because they don't give a flying f**k about the vehicle they're driving, and their usually pissed off because they see guy #1 going down the road wishing that was them...

End rant
My most vivid close call was with a City Dead Animal Removal truck, as I was five-over in the Number Two of Five lanes. Guy came up at about fifteen over, passed me on the left and immediately cut back across all lanes to take an off-ramp, all without slowing at all. Two or three intervening cars showed brake lights.

I sent a note to his boss, the Mayor, and in just a few days got a nice letter back. The driver "wasn't aware" his driving was dangerous, had no idea he was causing others to brake. Mayor thanked me for educating them both.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Today it was a flatbed tractor trailer hauling a front end loader. I was cruising on the highway at 60, he comes down the on-ramp and merges in front of me, I had to slow all the way to 30.

Next time I have my fascia off, I'm putting in a louder horn. The stock horn didn't sound pissed enough for me today.
Sponsored