Sponsored

What can Livernois Motorsports do for you?

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Thanks. In that case can you speak on it from the perspective of your in house kit? I have that one along with catted LT's and am running your V2 tune.
What are you experiencing in regards to the management that you would like to be adjusted?
Sponsored

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
@Livernoise Motorsports are your equipment and tunes CARB emission legal in California?
N to the o to the p to the e

Sponsored

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Livernois I hope that you guys are hearing the message loud and clear that until you guys update that tuner there will be a lot of people who won't consider your tune. It may be great, and you guys are definitely doing something right but you'd be selling a lot more tunes if people felt better about your tuning device.

Heck I don't even know how many of these tuners who are asking for datalogs are even reviewing the logs properly, I just know that it feels like an added value when a company asks and sends revisions based on a datalog.
I have to agree with this. I am looking to buy a tuner as soon as the paycheck hits the bank July 1st. I am going Livernois or Lund, still have not decided. I am not mounting the tuner in my car, so the pretty ngauge means nothing to me, the the data logging is a concern though.
I worked my ass off and finally was able to buy a new car....i'm 40. I love my stang and need it to last and be reliable. I feel just the ability to have the company I chose to look at what is going on with my car is a big deal. I know Livernois knows what they are doing, but I still would like the logging/revision aspect to feel comfortable. axle ratio and wheel size changes would be great too

Livernois, the market wants an updated tuner. I hope you guys are listening. You guys would be the top tuner on this site if it was not for the device you sell.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I've used SCT X4, nGauge, and LMS's MyCal tuner.

From the perspective only of managing tunes and using the device, the MyCal is the easiest.

With the SCT, you need two separate softwares to manage tunes and pull any data logs. If you are computer literate, it's not hard, just a lot of extra steps. The sct with the color screen and physical buttons is my preference.

The nGauge uses a small SD card. You just drop the tune files in the tunes folder from a PC and away you go. What I hate is the touch screen only interface. Mine is calibrated horribly and i touch one spot and it thinks i pressed a different button. Not something I want when trying not to F up my ECU. I have not done datalogging on the ngauge but it's not difficult. Pros are you do not need software to manage loading/unloading tunes like you do with SCT.

With the MyCal, LMS chose this direction as it's a closed system. You the user cannot directly control what tunes are on the device. It registers with LMS' servers and they control the tunes. I understand this direction as it helps them maintain absolute control and maintain IP protection of their product and tunes. I have no issue with this method. Let them know what tunes you want, they update your 'file' on their server and you connect your mycal to your PC. The software does the rest and you're done.

The interface has physical buttons like i prefer, but the on screen display is simple and a bit slow. However, actual tuning time is roughly the same as the sct and ngauge.

I have read you cannot datalog with the mycal so i understand that being a con to some.

Lastly, you need to look at who you're getting a tune from. After my personal experiences and things I've read, folks should have a good sense of who is good and who isn't.

Oh, and folks need to be patient with their 'emails' and 'pm's' to tuners. They get probably thousands of tune requests and this isn't something you want rushed and have an oops mistake.

I had a tuner that will go unnamed send me a tune where one of the tables values were inverted. I about wrecked on my test drive as it went from 0 to full throttle with only the slightest touch of the gas (not my mustang).

I no longer use nor will use that tuner for my vehicles.

Don't fret about the device, focus on who's tuning your car and their reputation.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm probably the only person here who has a negative comment to make about Livernois. I truly feel that their customer service is lacking. It took at least 3 emails to get them to send out a simple "faceplate" that installs on the top of the Magnuson. I was told "it's in the mail" at least twice when it never was. That's the minor issue I've had with them. I wasn't happy with their in house tune and requested a small change in shift points for my auto trans. I had to chase them around for weeks. The only way I even got a response was via email on this site. I wasn't asking for a complete retune and was very patient. I must have pissed them off somehow. Not sure. No matter what Livernois says, it was bad customer service. There are always 2 sides to a story, but there is no way Livernois can say I was asking the impossible or being overly demanding. I've moved on and went with a Lund tune at this point. The Livernois tune did also have some detonation with their tune and the Lund tune does not. The shift points are (or were) not perfected at all with the Livernois tune. I was trying and trying to resolve my shift tuning issue, but basically got the "cold shoulder", and told that they were "working on it". That was probably 2 months ago and I was never even emailed back. I know lots of you guys are happy with Livernois. I'm really not bashing here, but feel my opinion is important so maybe they can improve. They may one of the best companies out there for tuning, but in my case they truly failed.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've been quite happy with Livernois. They have been very responsive with requests for changes (I have gotten correspondence within 24 hrs and updates shortly thereafter) to my tunes and have tweaked them a decent amount for me from the base tune that everyone gets initially. The tuner is kind of basic, but on the plus side, it's very easy and takes only a couple minutes to flash a new tune.

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I'll re-add the statement that others have made: I love livernois as a company but i refuse to get any tune from them until they come out with a new "mycal v2.0" or so to speak. I hate the way that thing looks and how antiquated it is.

Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Considering it'll spend most of it's life in a drawer and not in my car I couldn't care how it looks lol. It's not meant to be some stylish car accessory that you mount on the dash.

CarterRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Considering it'll spend most of it's life in a drawer and not in my car I couldn't care how it looks lol. It's not meant to be some stylish car accessory that you mount on the dash.
Exactly. Function over Form. I hate having crap in my car. I don't even mount my EZ Pass and manual put it up to the window everything :headbonk:

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Exactly. Function over Form. I hate having crap in my car. I don't even mount my EZ Pass and manual put it up to the window everything :headbonk:
I mean i wouldnt leave it in there as is, but if it was redesigned and had some functionality in terms of guages, that would be awesome. I love my access port v3.

Erock503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So am I understanding right, that these tuners have no data logging? How do they get feedback about what your car is doing, or is it all butt dyno based? Everything I've been reading led me to believe these were pretty aggressive tunes. Not trying to hate on anyone, just researching options.
Sponsored