Sponsored

What can I pull to send car into safety mode for dealer work?

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
I pull the carpet back behind the gas pedal and place a block of styrofoam against the floor. The gas pedal cannot be mashed to the floor and most techs don't know what is going on. It works very well and feels normal to most.
Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
My manual says you can, although the minimum allowable speed is not defined.. MyKey also is said to disable MyMode, Track Mode and Drag Mode.

1622045994608.png

1622046025113.png
The minimum speed you can set is unfortunately 65 MPH (see https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...ey-to-help-encourage-responsible-driving.html). IMO, that's not useful for OP's intended use as there's plenty of fun to have below that speed, but may have some use before giving the car to your kid, which seems to be it's intended purpose.

An RPM-limit would make it much more useful, ideally coupled with a speed limit.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I pull the carpet back behind the gas pedal and place a block of styrofoam against the floor. The gas pedal cannot be mashed to the floor and most techs don't know what is going on. It works very well and feels normal to most.
I like the simple idea of that, but would worry the block would move and end up under the brake pedal instead.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
If you are that worried about it why are you taking it to that place? I know my service guy very well even though I haven't had to have anything done yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP

diegoaccord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Lancer Evolution X, 325i E46
Take it somewhere reputable? I don't trust any dealership with any car that fun could be had with. Even if i had a Kia forte GT.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Phase 1 get yourself known:
Take service department 2 dozen donuts and walk around handing them out like you supposed to be in back.

Phase 2:
I put some cycled out track tires on the rear and then ask who the tech will be for my AC work.
I take him to breakfast/lunch to "check for a noise issue" and let him drive and do a pull or two or some donuts in an empty lot.
Than hang and work on laptop while waiting on the work.

Result:
I have never had any work warranty denied even w tunes or Whippled 2015.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I have used a piece of wood. Before you laugh, read on.
The intake pipe/tube. We made a piece of plywood that fit inside it right after the filter box, and then drilled a silver dollar sized hole in it(the wood). limiting air flow.
It start, run, and drive into the shop and such just fine, but try to hammer it, no balls to be had.
pick up car, open hood, unscrew the tube,hose clamp, put finger in hole, pull wood out, put hose/tube back and tight'n the clamp.
close hood, drive away, takes all of two minutes to install or remove.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The minimum speed you can set is unfortunately 65 MPH (see https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...ey-to-help-encourage-responsible-driving.html). IMO, that's not useful for OP's intended use as there's plenty of fun to have below that speed, but may have some use before giving the car to your kid, which seems to be it's intended purpose.

An RPM-limit would make it much more useful, ideally coupled with a speed limit.
MyKey on my UK (digi dash) car only seems to have one option and its 80 mph ... :frown:

So it does restrict driving modes and track apps etc, but little else. You can report on the mileage done when its running on the Mykey, but if you are keeping an eye on what a mechanic is up to by that point its too late ...

I tried looking for some extra info here : https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mykey-speed-limit-digi-dash-forscan.157110/

I wanted to set mine at 40mph as the dealer would need to take it at least five miles out of town to find a road where you could legally do anything more than that anyway ... :giggle:

WD :like:
Sponsored