Sponsored

What can I do as a customer @ a Ford dealership for warranty repairs taking 4-6 weeks?

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
In his post, he mentions already asking for a loaner and getting denied. The dealer is under no obligation to give you a loaner everytime your car breaks down unless a warranty repair is approved.
I'd make the appointment and drive it for that 4-6 weeks. Eventually, something will break, making diagnosis of a full replacement of the transmission simple for them.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I'd make the appointment and drive it for that 4-6 weeks. Eventually, something will break, making diagnosis of a full replacement of the transmission simple for them.
It sounds like his car already broke, so it's not driveable. And the OP's issue is not the diagnosis itself, it's getting to even be seen for a diagnosis. I assume a car that doesn't move forward in any gear is a pretty cut and dry diagnosis, however he needs to be seen for that diagnosis to happen and for him to get a warranty approval/rental car.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
It sounds like his car already broke, so it's not driveable. And the OP's issue is not the diagnosis itself, it's getting to even be seen for a diagnosis. I assume a car that doesn't move forward in any gear is a pretty cut and dry diagnosis, however he needs to be seen for that diagnosis to happen and for him to get a warranty approval/rental car.
So, his Ford vehicle is undrivable, and Ford says they can't give him a rental and can't look at his car for six weeks? Sucks to be a Ford owner!

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
A
So, his Ford vehicle is undrivable, and Ford says they can't give him a rental and can't look at his car for six weeks? Sucks to be a Ford owner!
And it's better at other brands dealers?

All we talk are Fords here. I am sure the GM-Chrysler forums are having discussions about this too.

Rentals and loaners just aren't there.

When there is a shortage of cars nationwide., to expect a courtesy loaner is unrealistic.

That's why they are called courtesy cars and not obligation cars.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP you would need to call the Ford 800# and ask for a Regional CSR to open a Case for you. This thread contains all the Ford phone numbers and the same can be found in your actual S550 Owner's Manual:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-ford-800-info-for-those-needing-it.111571/

As for Loaners and unless something has changed in the last year or two, Ford should be providing a Customer a vehicle loaner if the Customer is the original owner of the vehicle up to 5yr/60k and if the car is to remain at the Service Center for more than 48hr for warranty repairs. If the loaner is needed longer than 4 days, the Ford Service Center also can put in an extension via their internal Ford FMC360 Warranty form. Tell your Dealership to reference the Ford Warranty and Policy Manual (SECTION 6 – FORD/LINCOLN PROGRAM POLICIES SECTION FORD IN-WARRANTY LOANER PROGRAM). Every Franchise has access to it via Ford OASIS and other internal channels.

Also if the Service Center does not have any fleet loaners, they should be able to get you a loaner through Enterprise (or other similar services in your area). It should be of no expense to you and the Service Center will get reimbursed through Ford for the rental - OR if they want you to pay, you would get reimbursement via Ford Corp. if you have a Case # started.

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
OP you would need to call the Ford 800# and ask for a Regional CSR to open a Case for you. This thread contains all the Ford phone numbers and the same can be found in your actual S550 Owner's Manual:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-ford-800-info-for-those-needing-it.111571/

As for Loaners and unless something has changed in the last year or two, Ford should be providing a Customer a vehicle loaner if the Customer is the original owner of the vehicle up to 5yr/60k and if the car is to remain at the Service Center for more than 48hr for warranty repairs. If the loaner is needed longer than 4 days, the Ford Service Center also can put in an extension via their internal Ford FMC360 Warranty form. Tell your Dealership to reference the Ford Warranty and Policy Manual (SECTION 6 – FORD/LINCOLN PROGRAM POLICIES SECTION FORD IN-WARRANTY LOANER PROGRAM). Every Franchise has access to it via Ford OASIS and other internal channels.

Also if the Service Center does not have any fleet loaners, they should be able to get you a loaner through Enterprise (or other similar services in your area). It should be of no expense to you and the Service Center will get reimbursed through Ford for the rental - OR if they want you to pay, you would get reimbursement via Ford Corp. if you have a Case # started.
Have you tried renting from Enterprise in the last yr? They are buying used cars at auction because they can't get new ones.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
He may get one
Have you tried renting from Enterprise in the last yr? They are buying used cars at auction because they can't get new ones.
This.. i was lucky to get my rental. i had to wait a few days for it.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
He may get one

This.. i was lucky to get my rental. i had to wait a few days for it.
I was able to get a rental from Enterprise when I had my electric steering rack replaced on my 2020 GT. Ford corp reimbursed me the cost.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Is parking your pickup a little further away, or on the street, etc. out of the question?

OP
OP

phoop007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
A

And it's better at other brands dealers?

All we talk are Fords here. I am sure the GM-Chrysler forums are having discussions about this too.

Rentals and loaners just aren't there.

When there is a shortage of cars nationwide., to expect a courtesy loaner is unrealistic.

That's why they are called courtesy cars and not obligation cars.
Riata Ford in Austin gave me a loaner while my differential was rebuilt, this was in early 2021. I understand the car shortage.
1. A rental or loaner is usually provided AFTER a warranty issue has been approved. The OP is just waiting to have the car diagnosed based on my limited comprehension. From what I recall those here posting that they were given rentals have their car in for repair and have been diagnosed as warranty claims.

2. Why does the OP have to leave his car at the dealership when this is for a diagnostic appointment, not a approved warranty repair? Again, may be a reading comprehension issue on my part.

If the car is broken and not drive-able I would rather have it broken at my home rather than getting bird poop on it and door dings at the dealer. Its an appointment right? Towing costs I assume
Thought I would give a little update for everyone, I typed my original post so fast and careless I probably left out some details.

For whatever reason, they wanted the car on the lot. I made it a matter as to why I could not just schedule an appointment for warranty repair. (Talking to the same service rep btw). He gives me the "idk" look and says to either leave it here or come back.

I took it a step further, and asked for a service manager. I talked to him and he was able to get my car into an actual bay today. I could tell he was ticked at the service rep. I am no longer working with him. Long story short, car is in for repair, and is due a full replacement of the 10r80 (not finalized for sure, but he could tell something was very wrong ). So luckily, the car is being worked on. I felt like I was expedited, as the manager was telling me they were backlogged due to technicians out sick and a huge influx of newer cars needing fixed, we were working on a time for potentially next week, but was able to get it in today.

The car is expected to be completed this week, potentially next week if they hit some snags. They were able to get me into a rental car to be covered during diagnosis and warranty repair. (ford fiesta). Fine with me, work for my work.

In the past, I had a full differential rebuild, and didn't even had to ask about a ride during warranty work, it was automatically assumed and offered.

It came down to a lazy service rep who probably should have retired 5 years ago (no offense). Thanks everyone for your input and thoughts. I will prob post the service log later if anyone is interested.

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Sounds like its all working out great! What was the service manager angry about and what made him go out of his way to get you in before others waiting to be seen?

OP
OP

phoop007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Sounds like its all working out great! What was the service manager angry about and what made him go out of his way to get you in before others waiting to be seen?
I would have to say he was showing disappointment about the unprofessionalism and responses I was getting from the service rep that was helping me with this issue, and the fact I escalated my concern to management. I had been a customer here for years without issue, and in fact, my first time interacting with this service rep and my old rep moved on with life.

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey Ford! Why not put Quality first when manufacturing your cars. I love my Mustang but will never own another Ford.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Riata Ford in Austin gave me a loaner while my differential was rebuilt, this was in early 2021. I understand the car shortage.

Thought I would give a little update for everyone, I typed my original post so fast and careless I probably left out some details.

For whatever reason, they wanted the car on the lot. I made it a matter as to why I could not just schedule an appointment for warranty repair. (Talking to the same service rep btw). He gives me the "idk" look and says to either leave it here or come back.

I took it a step further, and asked for a service manager. I talked to him and he was able to get my car into an actual bay today. I could tell he was ticked at the service rep. I am no longer working with him. Long story short, car is in for repair, and is due a full replacement of the 10r80 (not finalized for sure, but he could tell something was very wrong ). So luckily, the car is being worked on. I felt like I was expedited, as the manager was telling me they were backlogged due to technicians out sick and a huge influx of newer cars needing fixed, we were working on a time for potentially next week, but was able to get it in today.

The car is expected to be completed this week, potentially next week if they hit some snags. They were able to get me into a rental car to be covered during diagnosis and warranty repair. (ford fiesta). Fine with me, work for my work.

In the past, I had a full differential rebuild, and didn't even had to ask about a ride during warranty work, it was automatically assumed and offered.

It came down to a lazy service rep who probably should have retired 5 years ago (no offense). Thanks everyone for your input and thoughts. I will prob post the service log later if anyone is interested.
Must be nice :) How about u send some luck my way...

OP
OP

phoop007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Sending luck everyone's way. Also, apologies if I posted this initially in the wrong forum.
Sponsored