Sponsored

What brand of oil does everyone use? Motorcraft or nothin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
They never moved from 5w30 to 5w50. It was always the spec for the 5.2 L.
I know.. thats because it also has a heat exchanger for the supercharger. I said when you SC a GT the instructions recommend switching to 5w50 at that time.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I know.. thats because it also has a heat exchanger for the supercharger lol. When you SC a GT the instructions recommend switching to 5w50 at that time.
The GT350 was NA. It is and always was a 5W50 spec.

You are in the 5.2L section.

So how about those ADMs?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Do you think anything you have said de-validates my results?
I dont know. Do you think otherwise?

Since this whole oil crap is just that, what is your opinion on something more important? Pick a topic, any topic.... because this one is crap

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont know. Do you think otherwise?

Since this whole oil crap is just that, what is your opinion on something more important? Pick a topic, any topic.... because this one is crap
If anything, my results mean more than yours. I am pushing my motor way harder than it was designed for and its happy to take it. I do not have a warranty so I use the oil that I think is best, I pay more for it. I could easily use motorcraft and save money if I wanted to. You are recommending using motorcraft for the sake of "keeping warranty" I am recommending the use of amsoil because its the best oil you can use for most situations. Me not having a warranty strengthens my argument and makes my opinion more valuable, and my reasons are all valid.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
If anything, my results mean much more than yours. I am pushing my motor way harder than it was designed for and its happy to take it. I do not have a warranty so I use the oil that I think is best, I pay more for it. I could easily use motorcraft and save money if I wanted to. You are recommending using motorcraft for the sake of "keeping warranty" I am recommending the use of amsoil because its the best oil you can use for most situations.
You reach a point where a discussion is no longer that. You firmly believe in farmer Joe's oil assessment along with a Blackstone oil report. Until you put your car on the track and run it flat out time and time again, I dont have time in my day for some street warrior who really doesn't have valid or significant data.

You pointed to farmer Joe's oil completion, but it didn't include motorcraft oil. Then, the competition you referred to was 5W30. You find yourself out of your element arguing about oil in the GT500 section. We GT500 owners were discussing what oil is best for our vehicles and you came along. Mr freaking Frankenstein of a 5 liter who's warranty has long since been voided and it really doesn't matter which oil you use.

May I suggest you get yourself some of that Amazon oil that your boy farmer Joe liked so much?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Take the night to think about it. Maybe you might want to argue your merits in the GT section. Not feeling well and its time for bed. Ill get back to you tomorrow (God willing and the creek don't rise).

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what the Tesla guys are debating…what brand of extension cord they use? Lol
You know not all extension cords are the same.:rockon:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Everyone knows FrogHide is the best extension cord known to man.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You reach a point where a discussion is no longer that. You firmly believe in farmer Joe's oil assessment along with a Blackstone oil report. Until you put your car on the track and run it flat out time and time again, I dont have time in my day for some street warrior who really doesn't have valid or significant data.

You pointed to farmer Joe's oil completion, but it didn't include motorcraft oil. Then, the competition you referred to was 5W30. You find yourself out of your element arguing about oil in the GT500 section. We GT500 owners were discussing what oil is best for our vehicles and you came along.

May I suggest you get yourself some of that Amazon oil that your boy farmer Joe liked so much?
#1. It doesnt matter what motor you have, the thread is discussing oil quality.

#2. Yes I believe in actual results.

#3. I guarantee my car has seen more high RPM operation than yours over its 47k miles

#4. If amazonbasics oil beats amsoil in the same tests and has been backed up with data as much as amsoil has, then yes I absolutely would use it.

Your guys attempted condescension is disgusting and you should be embarrassed for thinking you are better for having a gt500 and that others aren't allowed to post their opinions on this subject.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.