Sponsored

What brand of oil does everyone use? Motorcraft or nothin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry this was meant for the GT500 guys, not many brands/choices for 5w50 full syn :(
You can still change the heading from "everyone" to "GT500 guys". It will swerve the thread in the direction you want. :like:
Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Amsoil is not a bad oil but is quite more expensive than Mobil 1 for example and this extra money do not offer you, as I have explained earlier, any real advantage in real life
Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
DopamineQuest

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
You can still change the heading from "everyone" to "GT500 guys". It will swerve the thread in the direction you want. :like:
I just assumed that because it was in the GT500 forum that it would've been obvious

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just assumed that because it was in the GT500 forum that it would've been obvious
It will still headline in the S550 latest threads section. That's how I saw It.

The most active threads on the whole site show in the latest threads section.

Motor oil threads can take on a life of their own.

I bet there's one in the GT500 section. Give it a look.

Last edited:

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Another oil thread lmao.

Basically, everyone has their own opinion. Some people say Motorcraft oil is the devil, others say it's perfectly fine.

What you are going to figure out is there is a brand that will catch your eye, that along with some other people's opinions, your brain will say "yes this is a cool brand", and then you will use that oil. There is just not a ton of data on what oil is the best oil. Everyone says different things, everyone has years and years of experience, and everyone has a favorite.

The only really useful thing I have gathered from a few oil threads is that the mustang gt should probably run 5w30 and not 5w20, but that doesn't apply to you.

If you have money, buy an expensive cool brand that makes your brain happy. If you want to save some money but Penzoil, Valvoline, or the countless other reputable brands.

If you are tracking the car the best approach is probably to run a brand of oil, send it to Blackstone to test, and repeat. Find an oil that maintains a good 50 weight and doesn't break down and use that. But if you aren't beating the shit out of the car on a track, I don't think you will find a big difference between brands.

The only other thing I can recommend is to search up some past oil threads. There have been a few good discussions by way more knowledgeable people about tracking with different weight oils and what matters.

Good luck on your oil brand journey!

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I use Amsoil. Not claiming it's anything greater than any other brand. But it's the only full synthetic i know of that has this printed on it.

This was actually pointed out to me a few years ago by my cousin who was a Ford tech. He said it's the only oil, other than stock motorcraft, he knew of that Ford wouldn't argue a warranty claim against if there was engine issues while under warranty.

Not sure how accurate his info was. Just relaying his claim.

20220118_200952.jpg

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Another oil thread lmao.

Basically, everyone has their own opinion. Some people say Motorcraft oil is the devil, others say it's perfectly fine.

The only other thing I can recommend is to search up some past oil threads. There have been a few good discussions by way more knowledgeable people about tracking with different weight oils and what matters.

Good luck on your oil brand journey!
Best advice the OP could get IMO.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Best advice the OP could get IMO.
I wish there was some hard statistic we could all look at and say yes this brand is the best. But it doesn't seem like there is anything like that. Even Blackstone labs say they don't know what brand of oil is the best and that most oils are good enough.

Reactions: luc

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wish there was some hard statistic we could all look at and say yes this brand is the best. But it doesn't seem like there is anything like that. Even Blackstone labs say they don't know what brand of oil is the best and that most oils are good enough.
Any brand that meets the specifications the manufacturer requires, will meet your needs for most applications.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Don’t believe everything you read on the internet…..
Since decades, no cars have end up in a junkyard because of engine failure due to poor lubrication
Therefore Amsoil do not offer any practical advantages to another oil
What is the point of using a oil that is 20% “better” if a “regular” oil is in fact so good that there is no engine failure due to poor lubrication
Amsoil is like snake oil, overpriced and offer no real life benefits
Furthermore their marketing techniques are based on a quasi pyramidal scheme
...as YOU are sayin'......

...don't believe everything you read on the internet or a forum........:like:

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I prefer AMSOIL, used it for years without regret. Have also used M1, Castrol, and all the name brands to include Motorcraft and the Amazon and Wally world oils in my family and kids cars over the years, and have never had an oil related engine failure.

That said, being said, I only run Brad Penn or Valvoline VR1 in my Porsche, and the 20 years I owned and thrashed and tracked my M3 I ran AMSOIL exclusively. Never burnt a drop. I used Motorcraft at the 1K and 5K changes, and planned on AMSOIL till I saw a test comparing it to the Pennzoil Platinum, and the Pennzoil was as good as the AMS for 1/3 the price.

I tried it out and so far I like it. The motor is smooth, and at 14K miles, doesn't tick tack or clack, ZERO oil usage/burning, and the VVT rattle is very subdued and only when cold. I change oil at 5K intervals, and will try the AMS at the next change.

I'm a blue collar working man and while I don't want to cheap out on the Bullitt's oil life blood, I want the best I could get for it so I can drive and thrash it 20 years like I did the M3.

But this thread is for the GT-500 5W50, and IMO, you would be fine with the Motorcraft Spec. If you can swing the big bucks for the GT 500, I imagine coughing up the greenbacks for the AMSOIL shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I prefer AMSOIL, used it for years without regret. Have also used M1, Castrol, and all the name brands to include Motorcraft and the Amazon and Wally world oils in my family and kids cars over the years, and have never had an oil related engine failure.

That said, being said, I only run Brad Penn or Valvoline VR1 in my Porsche, and the 20 years I owned and thrashed and tracked my M3 I ran AMSOIL exclusively. Never burnt a drop. I used Motorcraft at the 1K and 5K changes, and planned on AMSOIL till I saw a test comparing it to the Pennzoil Platinum, and the Pennzoil was as good as the AMS for 1/3 the price.

I tried it out and so far I like it. The motor is smooth, and at 14K miles, doesn't tick tack or clack, and the VVT rattle is very subdued and only when cold. I change oil at 5K intervals, and will try the AMS at the next change.

I'm a blue collar working man and while I don't want to cheap out on the Bullitt's oil life blood, I want the best I could get for it so I can drive and thrash it 20 years like I did the M3.

But this is for the GT-500, and IMO, you would be fine with the Motorcraft Spec. If you can swing the big bucks for the GT 500, I imagine coughing up the greenbacks for the AMSOIL shouldn't be an issue.
Key words there, regardless of the brand of oil you used, including cheap Walmart, you never had an engine failure due to lubrication
Was exactly my point, the cheapest oil is still doing the job totally fine
“Boutique” oil is more of a Feel good product
Let say that you can do 500.000 miles with Amsoil and 400.000 with Wally oil…. What the difference if the car end up at the junkyard at 250.000 for non related engine/lubrication issues ?
…none…

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Project Farm LMFAO. Anyways, I use Crisco.

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I use Amsoil. Not claiming it's anything greater than any other brand. But it's the only full synthetic i know of that has this printed on it.

This was actually pointed out to me a few years ago by my cousin who was a Ford tech. He said it's the only oil, other than stock motorcraft, he knew of that Ford wouldn't argue a warranty claim against if there was engine issues while under warranty.

Not sure how accurate his info was. Just relaying his claim.

20220118_200952.jpg
All I could focus on was the "FORMULATED, BLENDED AND PACKAGED IN THE USA". Sold!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.