What brand converter for 6r80???

AlexZafo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys, looking at adding a higher stall converter to my 2016 Paxton car with a 6R80 when I pull the transmission build it a little. I’m looking into getting something around the 3600/3800 stall RPM, I’ve only seen good things about circle D converters, but have seen a few other brand names floating around. Any recommendations? Anyone to steer clear of? Any and every opinion helps, thanks!!
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
The stall will depend on the use of your pony, drag or road course or just street. Someone else can expound on this statement.

OP
OP
AlexZafo

AlexZafo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The stall will depend on the use of your pony, drag or road course or just street. Someone else can expound on this statement.
Yes, I’ve done some pretty good research into it, I’m just looking at different brands at the moment, definitely not something I want to do twice

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can get more info as far as the specs and such, but a buddy had a circle d in his coyote f150 with a Roush blower and he loved it. I also drove it a few times and enjoyed it a lot. Good low speed drivability

BenM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT.
Went with Circle D after many recommendations from people on this forum. Like you, I wanted to do it once and do it right.
I am running the 4C converter and am very happy with how much more pep the car has from a dig. Still gives me a big grin every time I stab the throttle!

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Ive been running an FTI for over a year now with no problem,close to 800 whp,3600 hundred stall and have 1.40 60ft with average of mid 1.4 60 ft.Triple disc and drives like stock.

OP
OP
AlexZafo

AlexZafo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks guys, been looking at a 4C, I was going to go with a 3200 rpm stall, because that seems to be the sweet launch spot with my Paxton kit and I didn’t want to ruin every day drivability, But I may go with a 3600/3700 stall if it doesn’t change much, and then hold the rpms lower with a MSD launch box or a similar 2-step mostly for the consistency and so I’m not leaning on the converter for the launch

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase