Sponsored

What axel are normally breaking on stock cars? Driver or passenger?

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
is one side more common to break than other?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Passenger side.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
yeah from what ive seen drivers is always the problem ... mine hasnt broke but im going to order the gt350 ones shortly mines getting a click clack sound when backing up then going forward . so im going to replace it and the bearing while its apart

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I've only seen drivers side breaking

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have only heard of one case of the passenger side breaking....a car with a trans brake. He already had a GT350 axle on the driver's side and it held up. There have been several cases of the stock driver's side breaking....sometimes at launch and sometimes on the 1-2 shift in drag mode.

OP
OP
lx347cd

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
I have only heard of one case of the passenger side breaking....a car with a trans brake. He already had a GT350 axle on the driver's side and it held up. There have been several cases of the stock driver's side breaking....sometimes at launch and sometimes on the 1-2 shift in drag mode.
I think Im going to try the GT350 axles and see how they hold up. Its a good price just to try out. If they break then I'll go to the heavy hitters. But to me its worth the try.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I think Im going to try the GT350 axles and see how they hold up. Its a good price just to try out. If they break then I'll go to the heavy hitters. But to me its worth the try.
The driver's side 350 axle is a good upgrade over the stock axle that comes with A10 GTs. Based on weight and diameter, the passenger side 350 axle seems to be no better than what is on the stock GT. Many of us just replace the driver's side.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I went with the GT350’s - just ordered them today. I wanted to go with a set of the higher HP rated ones but I’m N/A and will be for awhile. Once I go FI then I’ll change them out.

Mine didn’t break but somehow a hole was ripped into the passenger side boot and it was leaking. I epoxied it but it didn’t hold up. Took it into Ford and the tech said because he’d never seen one with a hole in it it wasn’t warrantied. That doesn’t make sense because how can they prove it wasn’t defective? But it could’ve been road debris too. I live in Houston and I’ve had a piece of metal fly up and puncture my gas tank on one of my trucks. So who knows how it happened.

They wanted $859 for the stock passenger axle and labor. And rather than try to take it to another dealer I’ll just upgrade.

It’ll be a bit more peace of mind for me when launching at the track. Especially when I get some sticky tires on there.

And if I break those then I’ll move up to the bigger HP rated ones.
Sponsored