Sponsored

What are you coming from and where are you going?

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
1. What car did you own before you got a Mustang?

Have been driving since 1974 and been through a bunch of cars. Most notable ones were 1968 Mustang Fast Back - 4bbl, dual exhaust, top loader 4 spd, 1971 Mercury Cougar -351 Clevland, 4bbl, dual exh, top loader 4 spd, 1970 Torino Cobra 429SCJ with ram air - top loader 4 spd and 2006 Mustang GT Deluxe - 4.6L, auto trans, which was daily driver from Feb. 2006 to Nov 2020. Also have another 1968 fastback in my garage undergoing full restoration. Can't wait for 68 and 2021 to be parked next to each other.

2. Is there anything you miss about that car? Miss the Torino Cobra the most. Bought it completely disassembled from a guy in 1980 that was planning to restore it but ran out of cash. I had it back on road and painted in under a year. Sold it in 1990. Worst decision I made.

3. What car, if any, are you considering getting next?

Have an order in for 2021 Mustang GT/CS, 6MT, B&O radio, active valve exhaust, 400A with starting production date of July 26, 2021. This is my first factory order.

4. Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT).

No...can't wait to get it before winter!

5 What's one thing you love about your Mustang?

The look and history of the brand. Remember seeing a 67 fastback at a local Ford dealer....that started this journey.

6. What's one thing you wish it could do better?

Get built faster :)

scan0001.JPG

scan0003.JPG
Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
What car did you own before you got a Mustang?

2009 Toyota RAV4 Sport with Sport Appearance Package ( it’s a thing ) with a V6. It’s was Black with 267 HP and it was way faster than all my old Hot Rods back in the day.

Is there anything you miss about that car?

It was low miles and hauled music gear and great in the snow. It was pretty badass for a SUV. Wish I could of kept it but I needed the money for the Mustang.

What car, if any, are you considering getting next?

Wife wants a electric car someday. I might consider the Mustang Mach E

Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT).

My Black Premium GT with a stick is the best car I’ve ever owned. No regrets

What's one thing you love about your Mustang?

It’s all Black and kinda like the Knightrider Mustang equivalent.

What's one thing you wish it could do better?

If it had a little more leg room in the back that would be great. I’m 6’ 2” and there’s no room for anyone behind my seat. This is a 3 seat car. Even my old Camaro’s could have 5 people in the car.

Last edited:

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Hey everyone, I just wanted to see what everyone's story is:
  • What car did you own before you got a Mustang?
  • Is there anything you miss about that car?
  • What car, if any, are you considering getting next?
  • Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT).
  • What's one thing you love about your Mustang?
  • What's one thing you wish it could do better?
I came from a 2017 Toyota 86 which unfortunately was totaled in a hit and run. Insurance gave me a chuck of change and I thought I would get something different, so I started looking at Mustangs. The look was beautiful, I tried to get a Mustang GT, but the prices were just too out of my league (I am currently paying for a big wedding). I found an Ecoboost premium with low miles and pulled the trigger. I started modding with the exhaust, and thought this would be my only mod, but I quickly got the modd bug and now I am protuned with several bolt on's. 1 thing I missed about my 86 was the handling, and the Mustang felt like a straight boat when compared, so I upgraded the suspension and sway bars, and now it feels awesome. I honestly love the look of the exterior and interior of the Mustang, but coming from the interior of the 86 isn't asking for much, same goes for power. There are a lot of things Ford could do better, but my modifications are more than making up for anything it lacked. In a few years I plan on getting a GT, the sound is just orgasmic., or saving a bit more to get one of the new Supras. Anyways, what's your story? How'd you get here?
I have been fortunate to have company supplied vehicles since the early 1990s. The last "my vehicle) was an 85 F150 purchased well used. The only vehicle I miss was a 75 silver Camaro V8 that I purchased as a junior in high school and totaled it 5 years later. No regrets with this car, it's now a 26 month old weekend car with 34K miles. (I have some fun weekends). I love the attention a shiny S-550 gets. I wish It were easier to keep clean, but a lot of that problem is because I don't have a garage, just a carport. This car has grown on me in ways I'd never imagine.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
2. Is there anything you miss about that car?
4. Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT).
5. What's one thing you love about your Mustang?

1. BMW 650 gran coupe
2. Sunroof, 4 doors, HUD, twin-turbo V8
3. Merc C63S AMG, Bronco, F150
4. Nada, I truly enjoy my Mustang. Fun to drive, fun to listen to, fun to rev and scare my friends.
5. GT, so the noises. Especially with an HH-pipe and active exhaust in track mode. Also the compliments it gets - that's always fun.
6. Hold more gas? Idk, I'm smitten still

Sponsored

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
  • What car did you own before you got a Mustang? 2012 Jaguar XK with 17K miles
  • Is there anything you miss about that car? Quality... Paint, interior, Leather, top, ride
  • What car, if any, are you considering getting next? C8 Corvette
  • Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT). Nope. Exactly what I want.
  • What's one thing you love about your Mustang? Looks, acceleration, size.
  • What's one thing you wish it could do better? Ride better, better interior quality CARPETED LOWER DOOR PANELS!!
Love this Mustang. It may be a keeper. Miss the quality of the Jag, esp,. the interior. Everything covered in leather (yes, it cost $109K new so I know its not a fair comparison) Cars from my youth ('70s) regularly came with carpeted lower door panels. The Jag still does. So much bette than hard plastic that scratches!!
IMG_4824.JPG

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I came from an immaculate C5 Vette that I had bought stock and did bolt ons, brakes, suspension, race seats, CCW Wheels, long tubes, Corsa etc and bought my 2020 GT... my only regret is that I think I sold my Vette too cheap for what it was (sold first day advertised to first person who saw it).... other than that, I love my Stang! More gears, more tech, better daily. I have no gripes. next car? Maybe a 911, maybe a Mercedes GT, maybe a Mach 1..Keep my options open.
20161231_113352 (Custom) (2).jpg
20210613_154132.jpg

Last edited:

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
1. Honda Civic
2. The great mileage. 35-40 mpg depending on how I drove it.
3. This will be last car I buy.
4. Maybe the color, Black looks nice when it get washed but when I sit and gets dusty it stands out.
5. How it sound when I start up and the handling. Compared to what I have had even for no suspension mods it handle pretty good.
6. Hmm. I used to be into drag racing so I think maybe supercharger for MORE POWAH, but then seeing as where I live has some great driving roads maybe improve handling and ride.

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I came from an immaculate C5 Vette that I had bought stock and did bolt ons, brakes, suspension, race seats, CCW Wheels, long tubes, Corsa etc and bought my 2020 GT... my only regret is that I think I sold my Vette too cheap for what it was (sold first day advertised to first person who saw it).... other than that, I love my Stang! More gears, more tech, better daily. I have no gripes.
20161231_113352 (Custom) (2).jpg
20210613_154132.jpg
I had a C5 a few years ago... It was pretty sweet... My last 4 cars...
186489867_4021356667956035_6562897764439874078_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
  • What car did you own before you got a Mustang? Infiniti FX45. Great car. I actually bought it for my wife, but she just didn't like it *shrug*. At the time, I didn't even need a car so it was just a posh road-trip car for us.
  • Is there anything you miss about that car? The build quality and it was infallibly reliable.
  • What car, if any, are you considering getting next? Cayman GTS
  • Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT). Nope.
  • What's one thing you love about your Mustang? Tough to pick "one" thing. I love the sound and I love that it's a bit of a knuckle-dragger.
  • What's one thing you wish it could do better? It needs to go on a diet to the tune of about 700LBS

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
2. Is there anything you miss about that car?
5. What's one thing you love about your Mustang?

I am coming from a 2018 Stingray that I put 82k miles on. I bought it brand new.

I miss the mileage. I could easily pull 35 mpg at 75mph in that car. I once averaged 47.1 mpg on a road trip.

I will end up with a C8 Z06. They pushed it off another year though....

None yet. I looked at the GT350 but just couldn’t see the value of $15k+ more. Maybe that I didn’t find one with B/O audio. The Vette had a terrific sound system.

The exhaust note, the red interior, the digital cluster, the a/c seats, that I don’t have to crawl out of it....

More hook. That Vette was stupid fast for a Stingray and it hooked amazingly with that Z51 suspension.

I was around for the original 5.0 movement so this car is pure nostalgia. I had several 5.0’s including a modded ASC McLaren over the years.

In love with this 6-speed PP1 Premium!

ss27gogeta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zach
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Traded my focus s in on my gt 3 months ago go I'm glad to be rid of that car so soulless and boring. I only washed that car once in the 3 years I had it. I've washed my mustang at least once a week ever since I got it. also go through the interior meticulously every week to gotta keep her clean🤣 needless to say I'm enjoying my mustang experience.

My next car will probably be a gt 350 in a couple years. I like the a10 In mine it's fun. But I miss a manual and the sound of the voodoo is so sweet. I'll probably keep the gt for a dd and only drive the 350 on only nicest of days

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
  • What car did you own before you got a Mustang? 2013 Focus ST
  • Is there anything you miss about that car? Everything. Sometimes I still wake up wishing I could hope in that car and go.
  • What car, if any, are you considering getting next? F-150, but not in the near future. Definitely want a truck though.
  • Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT). No, other than trading my ST for it. It would’ve been nice to have a premium GT with Recaro seats but I’m not really hung up on that.
  • What's one thing you love about your Mustang? How solid of a package this car is. It checks a lot of boxes just as it was built.
  • What's one thing you wish it could do better? Gas mileage... lol.

jshanna

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost Premium Convertible
I sold my 2008 Jaguar XK with ~90K miles. It was a phenomenal car that I still miss. That said, my 2018 EcoBoost Convertible is a wonderful vehicle that also brings out an emotional, visceral response. Love the styling, love the engine (better torque, HP, and mileage than the XK) and the new suspension set up for the S550 makes it a great car for the windy roads so no regrets there. What do I miss? That silky smooth ZF transmission!
Sponsored