What are these turn signal lights?

COBRA-KI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
My battery went dead on my 16 gt350 I just bought. The tech at ford pointed out my turn signals weren't working but the lights were on and he pointed out a small wire going to the fuse box. so I did some digging when I got the car home and found these lights installed and connected to the stock turn signal socket. I took them out and installed regular blinkers so my front blinkers would work. What are they? They worth anything? I really don't want them so just trying to figure out why they were on the car.

20201011_153807.jpg

20201011_153813.jpg
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Did you buy the car used ? If so, previous owner installed them. Ford does not use add on load equalizers. Those are AutoZone/PepBoys OTC products.

Sponsored

OP
OP
COBRA-KI

COBRA-KI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Did you buy the car used ? If so, previous owner installed them. Ford does not use add on load equalizers. Those are AutoZone/PepBoys OTC products.
Yes I did, and That's what I thought. I couldn't find these lights anywhere online.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
First buyer added mood lights. Evidently felt left out because the 5.0 Premium crowd has them.The poor baby. :fistbump:

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Those look like LEDs meant for headlights and not for turn signals.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Alex, if the car was a trade in, have the dealer contact the person that traded in the car and ask what they were intended for. Also, might want to inquire as to what other modifications were made. You may have an E85 tuned car which, IMHO would be a plus. :)

OP
OP
COBRA-KI

COBRA-KI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Alex, if the car was a trade in, have the dealer contact the person that traded in the car and ask what they were intended for. Also, might want to inquire as to what other modifications were made. You may have an E85 tuned car which, IMHO would be a plus. :)
I've looked the car over pretty hard and the turn signal lights and PedalMax thing are the only two mods I have found. If it was e85 tuned I would see the sensor and stuff under the hood for proflex. If it was tuned with hp software I wouldn't know without plugging in to OBD port but I doubt it because you wouldn't need the PedalMax thing to do the same thing hp tuners can do. These were ricey cheap mods at best.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I've looked the car over pretty hard and the turn signal lights and PedalMax thing are the only two mods I have found. If it was e85 tuned I would see the sensor and stuff under the hood for proflex. If it was tuned with hp software I wouldn't know without plugging in to OBD port but I doubt it because you wouldn't need the PedalMax thing to do the same thing hp tuners can do. These were ricey cheap mods at best.
My GT350 has an E85 tune. There is nothing extra under the hood. All done in the tune from Livernois.

OP
OP
COBRA-KI

COBRA-KI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
My GT350 has an E85 tune. There is nothing extra under the hood. All done in the tune from Livernois.
Wouldn't they of needed the Ngauge or their tuner to load it though? So someone tuned it and didn't give you the tuner it was done with?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I have the tuner. Livernois does not use the N gauge anymore.

OP
OP
COBRA-KI

COBRA-KI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I have the tuner. Livernois does not use the N gauge anymore.
Oh ok. I bought a ford warranty so I really hope it hasnt had a tune on it because it would void the warranty. I wonder if I can have the dealership pull the ecm and make sure.
Sponsored