Sponsored

What are, on your opinion, the ''goods'' and the ''bads'' of the sixth generation GT?

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I go first:

Goods:

Looks, overall build quality, road holding on dry winding roads, the chrome horse on the grill...

Bads:

Engine would need 50+ HP, manual transmission too slow, ''japanese'' clutch, dangerous on winding wet roads, still too heavy.

:popcorn:
Sponsored

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I go first:

Goods:

Looks, overall build quality, road holding on dry winding roads, the chrome horse on the grill...

Bads:

Engine would need 50+ HP, manual transmission too slow, ''japanese'' clutch, dangerous on winding wet roads, still too heavy.

Engine power is perfect. Honestly, anything more on the normal road is to much. Manual transmission is amazing... feels like my old S2000 which was famous for having the best. Dangerous on wet roads goes right back to that any more power is dangerous thing. This is just a fact of RWD and high power. My brother broke a rim on his M3 when he first bought it when he couldn't control it in the rain. Agreed... its to heavy, amazingly heavy. But thats why its also such a bang for the buck. Swapping steel with aluminum or composites would make the price skyrocket. Its already one of the best bang for the bucks out there period.

This is my first American car in 25 years... I am utterly amazed that I have almost no complaints about it yet. the ones I have are minor (such as the damn horn honking for alarming in a $45K car).

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just what? lol it's a Chinese clutch and we will be dead before the 5.0 gets 50 more hp

OP
OP
panic

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Engine power is perfect. Honestly, anything more on the normal road is to much. Manual transmission is amazing... feels like my old S2000 which was famous for having the best. Dangerous on wet roads goes right back to that any more power is dangerous thing. This is just a fact of RWD and high power. My brother broke a rim on his M3 when he first bought it when he couldn't control it in the rain. Agreed... its to heavy, amazingly heavy. But thats why its also such a bang for the buck. Swapping steel with aluminum or composites would make the price skyrocket. Its already one of the best bang for the bucks out there period.

This is my first American car in 25 years... I am utterly amazed that I have almost no complaints about it yet. the ones I have are minor (such as the damn horn honking for alarming in a $45K car).
The engine is indeed well balanced but for this kind of weight the car would need at least 50HP more to flex muscles easier.

I can agree on the bolted sentence hands down, actually I forgot to put the ''bang for buck'' in the goods... but the whole manual trans is only good for a people carrier, not for a sportcar, too soft, weak feeling (the sixth gear is laughable) and the clutch seems too easy to fall into pieces if you went heavy on it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Pros:
Interior looks, interior quality, looks of the side, quarter, and tail, Coyote-HP, IRS, handling, SYNC3, track apps, wider, lower, ride quality, for the price it can't be beat

Cons:
Coyote-Torque, MT-82 still garbage, weight, bouncy, body-panel alignment issues throughout the S550 run so far, although mine was acceptable, looks of the headlights, exhaust

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I go first:

Bads:

... dangerous on winding wet roads, still too heavy.

Is this on Summer Tires or All-seasons?

once upon a time, I had an F150, with V6 and manual transmission. At one point, I installed an aftermarket LSD, and found that it was much more prone to fish-tailing when the roads were slick. I think the manual transmission helped because pressing the clutch immediately pulled all torque off the rear wheels letting it get back into line.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Vert thoughts:

Good: Interior, trunk space (convertible), room for 4 people (convertible), Shaker system (with sub), looks more than what it cost, cost is reasonable, and it is an American car.

Bad: Rattles when driving/playing music (I'll get that fixed eventually), wish the 6 cyl had more power and came in Premium package (convertible - maybe 330/340 hp?), wish I could lower the top while driving, two back speakers sucked bad/had to replace, seats will require the "cooling seat" fix, seats don't lean all the way back (so I can sleep in the car... don't ask), and... nothing much else.

Nice car... I'd buy again.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Has.....

Vert thoughts:

Good: Interior, trunk space (convertible), room for 4 people (convertible), Shaker system (with sub), looks more than what it cost, cost is reasonable, and it is an American car.

Bad: Rattles when driving/playing music (I'll get that fixed eventually), wish the 6 cyl had more power and came in Premium package (convertible - maybe 330/340 hp?), wish I could lower the top while driving, two back speakers sucked bad/had to replace, seats will require the "cooling seat" fix, seats don't lean all the way back (so I can sleep in the car... don't ask), and... nothing much else.

Nice car... I'd buy again.
Has any convertible car been able to lower the top while driving it.... I'm hoping I'm wrong on this post.... :cheers:

OP
OP
panic

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is this on Summer Tires or All-seasons?
On OEM Pirelli P zero rubber.

The main issue on wet is its weight (combined with power and RWD) and maybe also the Pirellis that sucks...

Sponsored

derpington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Has any convertible car been able to lower the top while driving it.... I'm hoping I'm wrong on this post.... :cheers:
Yes, lots, but they are typically restricted in the max speed for doing this.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I'd have to admit, the only one that I know is the new Camaro... having said that, I "assumed" since the Camaro can do it, others can as well. But I've not researched.

The camaro will open or close at 30 mph.

Before even seeing one I thought it would make life much easier if it could open or close at low speed... I like to play dangerously with rain at times. :D

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I'll speak to the V6:

Good:

Power is more than adequate
the lines of the car are beautiful
the interior is the best of any Mustang ever
The sound is also very appealing
Great trunk space for a sports car

Bad:

No Premium Interior and stereo
The engine needs some appearance package as well
A moonroof would be nice

I think that's about it lol. At least for me.

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
outside looks great, love the lines and the look/presence.

inside, the steering wheel feels super cheap, the materials arent amazing but what do you expect for a 30-40K car? I am ok with it, just enjoying it as a daily driver.
Sponsored