what are my supercharger choices?

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
I'm new to the forum and I've tried searching without success so forgive me if I'm repeating an old thread. I'm really having trouble finding supercharger options other than Whipple for my '19 Bullitt. Roush specifically says "not compatible" with Bullitt. Anyone know why? Prochargers?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I'm new to the forum and I've tried searching without success so forgive me if I'm repeating an old threat. I'm really having trouble finding supercharger options other than Whipple for my '19 Bullitt. Roush specifically says "not compatible" with Bullitt. Anyone know why? Prochargers?
I’m not sure why it wouldn’t be compatible, I would assume any that fit an 18+GT fit the Bullitt being as they are the exact same motor. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I would check with specific companies(send email or call) and not go with what the website says.

OP
OP

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure why it wouldn’t be compatible, I would assume any that fit an 18+GT fit the Bullitt being as they are the exact same motor. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I would check with specific companies(send email or call) and not go with what the website says.
I've asked around from bigger name tuners here in Texas. Adam McDonald from Fastlane in Houston also told me "Roush doesn't make one for it as the intake manifold on the bullitt is different." I'm a car guy without being a mechanic. I'd assume anything can be adapted when we are talking same year Mustangs???

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
but you take off the intake manifold when doing this style supercharger?
Only one it would stay for is a centri and that would just be a matter of tuning at that point.

OP
OP

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
my local dealer her in Midland, Texas is a BIG Roush dealer too and the service manager is a good friend of mine. He also assures me that my car can't take a Roush. I'm so confused. There's gotta be a reason they are turning down money. I' m gonna call Roush myself. But they are quite explicit on their product descriptions.

anyone know of any others besides Whipple? Anyone HAVE any others besides Whipple? Anyone VOUCH for Whipple and tell me to go ahead and do it and stop looking elsewhere?

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I'm new to the forum and I've tried searching without success so forgive me if I'm repeating an old thread. I'm really having trouble finding supercharger options other than Whipple for my '19 Bullitt. Roush specifically says "not compatible" with Bullitt. Anyone know why? Prochargers?
Why not the Whipple? Edelbrock is another option. I would think the new Odin from VMP would probably be an option when available.

Edelbrock 15899 E-Force Pro Tuner Supercharger Kit (2015-2019 Mustang GT / GT350 / Bullitt

OP
OP

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Why not the Whipple? Edelbrock is another option. I would think the new Odin from VMP would probably be an option when available.

Edelbrock 15899 E-Force Pro Tuner Supercharger Kit (2015-2019 Mustang GT / GT350 / Bullitt
Main concern is lack of warranty with Whipple. Roush will give you a three-year if installed by Ford.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Main concern is lack of warranty with Whipple. Roush will give you a three-year if installed by Ford.
Whipple offers an optional 3 year warranty and the Edelbrock comes with a full 3 year warranty.

EDELBROCK SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM
A PERFECT DESIGN
The 2018-19 Edelbrock 2650 Supercharger is the perfect design for both a great street car and a competitive track car. The 2650 is the same size as the ROUSH Performance supercharger while it shares its inverted design with Whipple Superchargers. This means that it will yield more power than the Roush while still retaining the ability to maintain cooler engine temperatures after repeated spirited or competitive driving sessions. The Edelbrock is also perfect for those who are concerned by warranty issues as well, because this kit includes a free warranty backed by Edelbrock themselves for 3/36. Available to all 50 states, LFP welcomes Edelbrock to our Pick your Power lineup starting at $39995!

SPECS:
•COMPLETE KIT WITH EDELBROCK STOCK CALIBRATION
• 700HP
• 3YR/36,000MI WARRANTY INCLUDED
• 50-STATE LEGAL

OP
OP

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
The superchargers themselves are under warranty, but installing them on your Mustang voids the warranty on your power train. However if you install a Roush and Ford does the install you get at least three years on your power train. That’s why Lebanon and others do so many of them

Sponsored
OP
OP

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
It sounds like you are going through the same stuff i was going through 6 months ago. I spent a bit of time emailing and DMing various companies about this obvious cockblock.

Roush does not want you to install their supercharger on a bullitt.
Edelbrock does not want you to install the non-track version of their supercharger on a bullit either
Even ford performance does not want you to install their supercharger on a bullitt

The reasons i have heard range from throtle / injection variation to intake alignment issues. In a conversation with whipple, they noted that the bullitt supercharger calibration took a bit more work; most other companies do not want to do that work for a low volume limited run.

Honestly, i think it might have something to do with the licensing agreement between ford and WB (disney).

Your best option for war is a whipple.
If you send it to sealy, tx hennesey will install and slap a 3 year war on it. About 14k out the door. 20k if you want a level 2 and you still get the war through hennesey.

If you buy the stage 2 whipple kit from whipple and have a pro shop (ase and whatnot) install it, you can buy the three year war through a 3rd party for 700 bones

Your best option for overall price is the odin kit from vmp. They have a vacation package with install that should still be under 13k or so. I have checked with vmp and they confirmed that the odin will work on the bullitt.

Your best option for power is Fathouse fab...
While they offer a 1 year warranty, the real attraction of their build is that they go ahead and slap some headers and an x pipe on the build. Think they also spruce up the visuals under the hood.

I hope this information is helpful.

OP
OP

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like you are going through the same stuff i was going through 6 months ago. I spent a bit of time emailing and DMing various companies about this obvious cockblock.

Roush does not want you to install their supercharger on a bullitt.
Edelbrock does not want you to install the non-track version of their supercharger on a bullit either
Even ford performance does not want you to install their supercharger on a bullitt

The reasons i have heard range from throtle / injection variation to intake alignment issues. In a conversation with whipple, they noted that the bullitt supercharger calibration took a bit more work; most other companies do not want to do that work for a low volume limited run.

Honestly, i think it might have something to do with the licensing agreement between ford and WB (disney).

Your best option for war is a whipple.
If you send it to sealy, tx hennesey will install and slap a 3 year war on it. About 15k out the door. 20k if you want a level 2 and you still get the war through hennesey.

If you buy the stage 2 whipple kit from whipple and have a pro shop (ase and whatnot) install it, you can buy the three year war through a 3rd party for 700 bones

Your best option for overall price is the odin kit from vmp. They have a vacation package with install that should still be under 13k or so. I have checked with vmp and they confirmed that the odin will work on the bullitt.

Your best option for power is Fathouse fab...
While they offer a 1 year warranty, the real attraction of their build is that they go ahead and slap some headers and an x pipe on the build. Think they also spruce up the visuals under the hood.

I hope this information is helpful.

this is VERY helpful. and yes, licensing is the only thing that makes any sense. "cockblock" is indeed the word that fits.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I'm sure Steeda could also help you with a Whipple install with the warranty. They use the Whipple on the McQueen Edition Bullit. Here is a link if you want to check it out.

https://www.steedavehicles.com/#/stevemcqueeneditionbullittmustang
The Steve McQueen is a special case vehicle. Even then, I think the warranty was offered through the dealerships that purchased them for resale or worked with their customers before pickup. I doubt he will have the same luck unless he shells out the 40k (20 for the base + 20 for the supercharger).

As he is in Texas, Hennessy will likely give him more bang for his buck. I can speak to the steeda warranty on suspension components (parts no labor). I imagine STEEDA's warranty for supercharger install is less forgiving; it will likely not cover labor and he will be arse out. Unless something has changed, Hennessy backs their builds and tunes as long as you don't try to re-tune it or track it.
Sponsored