Sponsored

What aftermarket brake pads are you running and how do you like them?

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
How come the PowerStop Z26 pads are only $66 compared to G-Loc GS1's $250+?
Also curious. That's a huge jump. I'm no expert either but I just picked up some GS1s due to the feedback with these cars. The GS1s do seem comparable to OEM prices however. Below is even with the Autonation Ford discounted price.
upload_2019-3-11_19-51-6.png
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I personally don't mind price gaps between similar products, even big gaps like that...as long as you can justify what you're paying for (quality, etc) That's a pretty big gap for brake pads. I would expect something spectacular. (guess you could argue it the other direction also; why are the PowerStops soo cheap?) But, it does seem like the reports indicate you guys running them love them AND extremely low-no brake dust! And being a North Carolina boy myself...

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I recently put on the PowerStop Z26 pads too and am very happy with the very low amounts of dust, no squealing and only somewhat less initial bite of the brakes, but still very good performance. Would I use them on a track? No. Would I use them for spirited driving on normal streets, or even some extreme street driving such as Tail of the Dragon? Yes, I and I have, in my previous 2016 GT PP car. These pads performed great in that car, which is why I pulled the trigger on them for the Shelby. I am holding on to my stock pads so that I can put them back in if I feel I'm going to get into anything "extreme" enough to warrant the pad swap. At the time I put the Z26's on my Shelby I also installed the Caliperfexion studs to make the pads swaps much quicker and easier.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So obviously the pads are available for our car, but I could not find them listed on GLoc's the website. You guy buying GS1's direct from them or do you have to go through a vendor?

And safe to assume they do make the GS1 for front and rear?

Last edited:

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
So obviously the pads are available for our car, but I could not find them listed on the website. You guys buying direct from them or do you have to go through a vendor?

Are you talking about g-locs website or powerstops? I bought my powerstops via amazon (front and rear).

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
So obviously the pads are available for our car, but I could not find them listed on the website. You guys buying direct from them or do you have to go through a vendor?

If you're talking about PowerStops, They don't sell direct. I bought my Z26 front and rears from Rockauto I believe.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Are you talking about g-locs website or powerstops? I bought my powerstops via amazon (front and rear).
If you're talking about PowerStops, They don't sell direct. I bought my Z26 front and rears from Rockauto I believe.
GLoc...I could have made that first part of my post a bit clearer, thanks guys; fixed.

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
So obviously the pads are available for our car, but I could not find them listed on GLoc's the website. You guy buying GS1's direct from them or do you have to go through a vendor?

Yup I bought my through opmustang. Front and rear.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Tim @ opmustang.com is where you want to go. And yep - they make them front and rear.

Sponsored

jdowen2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6, 1967 Mustang
I switched to EBC Redstuff for the street. I had Powerstop on various previous cars and liked them.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That still begs the question...why such a drastic price difference between similar products (StopTech vs GLoc)? What do the GS1's provide or accomplish that the Z26's don't? Is the performance between the two as drastic as the price difference?
Sponsored