Sponsored

What’s your plan when your warranty expires?

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I don't even have my '19 yet but plan to extend w/ a ford esp prior to 36 months being up, just need to get a feel of how many miles i will put on it each year before deciding which plan to buy. Not as sure I would buy the extended if I wasn't planning on tracking it regularly, but since I am, seems like good insurance!!!
I believe there is a fine line with any extended warranty that if the car is tracked or drag raced that it voids it. Just something to look into. I haven't cause I've done neither of the two yet. Will one day tho... was thinking after the warranty expired.
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I was wondering what people plan to do when their warranty expires since several people should be coming up on theirs soon.
For my 2016 GT350, my plan in 2-3 years is the same as today . . . . . keep driving the car. If something needs service, I'll do it myself.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I was wondering what people plan to do when their warranty expires since several people should be coming up on theirs soon. With the cost of these motors being high and the rate people have had them replaced under warranty I am wondering if a lot of people plan to sell, seek out a third party warranty, just send it?

If you plan to extend your warranty who are you planning on using?
There you go again...

As for me, I am still on the fence on this ESP issue. I'm at 4 mos of ownership and about 1k miles. Not going to track it much, maybe here and there, just don't have the time for it right now. If I do go with the ESP, I'll go with the $0 deductible - 8 yr - 36k miles ESP.
Yes, I am considering it as well but at a reduced mileage. Increasing the duration and keeping the miles in the lower tiers makes it much more affordable.

In the event of an engine issue, like oil consumption, I would tend to do a rebuild as opposed to a warranty engine replacement (due to numbers matching).
For anyone looking to go with a Ford ESP Plan. A fellow Ford enthusiast (finance manager of a Ford dealer) on the Focus RS forum helped out a lot of us with plans at 10.00 over cost. He has the best pricing for sure. If anyone is interested I can pm you his info.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^ Thank you. However I live in FL and I have to buy mine from a FL dealer. Insurance is regulated here.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
^^ Thank you. However I live in FL and I have to buy mine from a FL dealer. Insurance is regulated here.
Not true Tom. Although all the Florida dealers would like you to believe that. The bottom line is the seller is Ford Motor Company (not the dealer) who has been licensed in Florida for years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offering Genuine Ford ESP To Florida Residents!
The State of Florida does a good job in protecting its consumers from unscrupulous warranty companies like the ones that are here today and gone tomorrow. As part of their protection they require a seller to become licensed. They also have criteria that the Provider of coverage must meet before the product can be offered for sale in Florida. The Ford Motor Company, as the Provider of this genuine manufacturer backed extended warranty, has been approved and licensed for many decades to offer their products in the state. As the leading online Ford ESP selling dealer, we have also passed the scrutiny of the licensing process and have been approved to conduct the sale of Ford ESP to consumers residing in Florida.

You Have A Choice!
In Florida, you can purchase Ford ESP from any Florida licensed seller whenever you desire as long as the vehicle is still within the eligibility period. Don´t feel pressured into buying on the spot, do your research. If your local dealer does not offer the genuine Ford ESP coverage and is trying to push a non-Ford backed extended warranty, just say no. You have a choice! If you want to buy from the comfort of your home, after carefully deciding which level of protection is best for you.

florida.png

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Not true Tom. Although all the Florida dealers would like you to believe that. The bottom line is the seller is Ford Motor Company (not the dealer) who has been licensed in Florida for years.
So interesting enough, you'll recall a few posts back, I literally just got a brochure from Ford in the mail (and asked if this was the one people are going with). I'm not at home right now to quote it, but I do remember clearly there being a big Florida disclaimer right there on the brochure. So, IDK...

TLFLOW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
053B987C-399C-444A-9838-A38588D61F5F.jpeg
I would hope that a TT 5.0 would make a heck of a lot more than 600 hp. If 600 hp were the goal, it would probably be more like a 4 liter or even smaller.
This is my son’s 2012 Brembo it’s about 675 whp, it’s kind of scary ... unless you’re driving

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Thought I'd chime in with my recent extended warranty buying experience. I went to the Flood Ford website first and received a quote of $1,710 for the FordProtect ExtraCare plan (engine & powertrain covered to 8 years after date first placed in service, and up to 48,000 miles, $100 deductible). I have 10,433 miles on my 2016 GT350. Next I went to my local dealer where I get my car serviced, to see if they could match that price. The F&I guy told me that not only could he not match it, but that he couldn't even figure out how Flood Ford is selling the FordProtect plan as cheap as they are. His exact words were "I would buy that from them nine days a week." So I went home and bought the coverage online. Hope I never have to use it, but it's peace of mind for me. :beer:

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Thought I'd chime in with my recent extended warranty buying experience. I went to the Flood Ford website first and received a quote of $1,710 for the FordProtect ExtraCare plan (engine & powertrain covered to 8 years after date first placed in service, and up to 48,000 miles, $100 deductible). I have 10,433 miles on my 2016 GT350. Next I went to my local dealer where I get my car serviced, to see if they could match that price. The F&I guy told me that not only could he not match it, but that he couldn't even figure out how Flood Ford is selling the FordProtect plan as cheap as they are. His exact words were "I would buy that from them nine days a week." So I went home and bought the coverage online. Hope I never have to use it, but it's peace of mind for me. :beer:
That’s a good deal . I just bought a 5 year 36k Premium care extended warranty from Ford Flood for $990 last night for the GT350. My 3 year 36k bumper to bumper warranty expires today . Good piece of mind. I generally wait until a few days before the factory warranty expires then I purchase the extended warranties . Plus , We still have the 5 year 60k warranty from Ford.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Prices for extended warranties and maintenance plans go up every year. Whoever had 2015/2016's who didnt buy it right off the bat and waited till 3yrs later before warranty ran out(which would be around this time) have to pay much, much more. I bought the PremiumCare 8yr/60k for ~$1200 back in late '16. That plan now is $3200 from FloodFord. I believe they grouped the Mustangs all together back in 2016 because even then I knew that price was absolutely stupid cheap. Now going to the website, you have to choose that you're buying a plan specifically for the GT350/R.

Sponsored

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Mine is not so much about when the warranty expires but by then it should be paid off as well, then maybe a supercharger? :)

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is not so much about when the warranty expires but by then it should be paid off as well, then maybe a supercharger? :)
i keep getting tempted with a blower too but then my rational side takes over and says to get the ESP instead and keep it as is. still on the fence with the ESP at this point, only 1500 miles.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
i keep getting tempted with a blower too but then my rational side takes over and says to get the ESP instead and keep it as is. still on the fence with the ESP at this point, only 1500 miles.
Let me know what you decide, I am almost at 6k miles, gotta another 4 years or so before I decide though so I think I am good.