Sponsored

What’s the correct Replacement Engine Module PCM ECM ECU I should use?

Does your 15-20 GT350 have PCM PN: GR3A-12A650-BUA ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 , 2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
I need to see where i can get a PCM/ ECM/ECU with Part Number: GR3A-12A650-BUA which is the Part Number That Ford IDS software using VCM2 Shows came from the factory on the car and the retrieved part number from the as built data as well for my 2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350.

Now, I have called the Ford dealership with my vin and they said that part doesn’t exist for sale or is not available that what they can offer is Part Number: FR3Z-12A650-EUANP as a replacement for my car to have it programmed.

I’m confused with all this and it seems difficult to be able to find someone that knows a bit about this but to replace a PCM i have heard always that the part number has to match exactly the original one, but the dealer is saying, no, you can use another one as a replacement. If there’s anybody out there please that has some knowledge on this and can elaborate a little, it would be highly appreciated.

I would also like to know what your pcm part number is please if you are reading this and you have a GT350 as well.

Thanks Folks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Carlos990815

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
It’s the same part. One is the hardware number. The other is the part number.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Ford-Mustang-ecm-ecu-computer-GR3A-12A650-BUA-/154309772227

1626439143746.jpeg
I have seen this one from eBay but those people are crazy they are selling that PCM Used for $500 when the dealer sells it Brand New for $388 lol ☠. I’ve tried to have them reason on the price but they stated the price is firm because they are the only ones that have it.

Going back to my question, how do you know the part number and hardware number on the one the dealer is selling if it doesn’t say the same thing though?
here is a link to it so you can see it:

https://www.southfloridafordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-eec-module-fr3z12a650euanp

in there they have this picture of it but you can’t really see the PN and HW of it
1626454909239.jpeg

I’m still confused ... and not even the dealer knows how to explain it...

:headbang::angry:

ThatTallJackA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey Carlos,
Not sure this helps exactly but might give some clarity. I work at another big 3 OEM but I would assume the process is similar at ford.

When we release a module, we generally release a production variant, and a service part. For something flashable with SW, we would have a production HW #, production SW#, and then you would then have the Service HW #, which is available to dealers and people trying to buy parts for their car, which can be flashed with production SW #.

That may explain why the number they are telling you is sold as the service replacement does not match what your car was built with.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have seen this one from eBay but those people are crazy they are selling that PCM Used for $500 when the dealer sells it Brand New for $388 lol ☠. I’ve tried to have them reason on the price but they stated the price is firm because they are the only ones that have it.

Going back to my question, how do you know the part number and hardware number on the one the dealer is selling if it doesn’t say the same thing though?
here is a link to it so you can see it:

https://www.southfloridafordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-eec-module-fr3z12a650euanp

in there they have this picture of it but you can’t really see the PN and HW of it
1626454909239.jpeg

I’m still confused ... and not even the dealer knows how to explain it...

:headbang::angry:
Not understanding your confusion. Your dealer can insert either number into his system and you PCM will come up. The label on the unit on eBay and the dealer are the same. It’s a Ford label.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carlos990815

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
Not understanding your confusion. Your dealer can insert either number into his system and you PCM will come up. The label on the unit on eBay and the dealer are the same. It’s a Ford label.
Here’s is why I’m confused!
A Ford certified tech guy recommended for me to buy this PCM from eBay that came off a 2017 Ford F250 6.2l automatic, he said it would work once programmed and it would all be good to go. Part number on this one would be HC3A-12A650A-DA , here’s a picture of the sticker on this pcm:
1626456421414.jpeg

And here is a picture of all the details of it retrieved from FORScan:
1626456591452.jpeg

NOW, after this PCM has been programmed to my car I can’t upgrade the software on it and look at what the Ford IDS tool says using VCM2 on my 2017 Shelby GT350:
1626457524636.jpeg

This is the action I’m trying to perform when i get that message about the part numbers miss match:
1626457094726.jpeg
I’M also having an issue where my backup camera stays constantly on once the ignition is switched on and it doesn’t detect if the car is on reverse or not, on the PID’s section.

This is why I’m worried if I don’t use the exact part number GR3A-12A650-BUA that the same thing will keep happening.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Reach out to @LevittownFordParts on here, I’m sure they can provide the assistance to figuring out the correct PCM.

Curious though - why are you in need of replacing the original? Fry it? salvage buy? Flood?

OP
OP
Carlos990815

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
Reach out to @LevittownFordParts on here, I’m sure they can provide the assistance to figuring out the correct PCM.

Curious though - why are you in need of replacing the original? Fry it? salvage buy? Flood?

The original one was lost/stolen along with all keys and a bunch of stuff when the car was taken apart for a general repair and touch ups.

OP
OP
Carlos990815

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE...

I spoke with Ford Parts Headquarters and so they told me that according to my car's build date this would be the most appropriate replacement: FR3Z-12A650-EUANP . I did not end up going that route and well i purchased the PCM that is supposed to be the one the car came with from the factory which was being sold on ebay for $500 PN: GR3A-12650-BUA , goy it connected and programmed and well turns out it had a defect showing an EEPROM Internal Error, returned it and got my money back.
I was about to give up on it all and just let the dealer figure it out but i decided to just try again and Purchase another model i saw on eBay for only $160 shipped with guaranty and free returns, This one is PN: GR3A-12650-BTA off a low mileage 2017 Mustang GT PP and guess what??...:thumbsup: i got it all programmed and this one actually worked perfectly fine reverse camera, gauges no error codes.
Everything so far works perfect and nothing is wrong with this pcm. Only little thing i have noticed is that when i change driving modes, only on drag mode it won't stay and switches back to normal mode, i don't know if it's tune related or something because i have a bad O2 sensor, IMRC deleted, corsa long tubes and no tune yet.
Sponsored