Sponsored

What’s in your trunk?

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
A bunch of microfiber towels to dry the car with and a bottle of quick spray wax
Sponsored

dgreene1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I’m in south Florida and after getting stuck on I95 behind two major accidents for 2+ hours I’ve learned that being thirsty and having to go to the bathroom really sucks when you can’t move for several hours.

I now carry non perishable snacks, aluminum cans of water and wag bags (along with rain gear, a change of clothes, extra magazines, etc...)

What do you keep in your trunk? What region are you in and what compels you to keep certain items at all times?
Not much - I'm a bit OCD for a non-cluttered trunk. Both convertible tonneau caps which I never use, pushed all the way forward with a towel thrown on top of them so they don't move around. Also, a collapsible caddy/organizer holding a couple of baseball caps, sunscreen, disposable wipes and some paper towels.

Fast Dan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1968 GT500KR, 1972 Mach 1, 2014 GT/CS, 2019 GT/CS
2 large Fix-a-Flat, spare tire and breaker bar, sunblock (GT/CS vert), large knife w/stone, Sawyer water purifier, first aid kit w/tourniquet, blanket, LED flashlight w/x batts, LED emergency marker, water packets, energy bars, spare full mags, large towel, folding chair, small tools, lighter, gloves, Ziploc, zip ties, gorilla tape, jacket, hot-hands, map, hand sanitizer, etc., etc.,etc.

Ian94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Magnetic Metallic
I have a AA spare tire and jack for the pp1, I have a bag that has an air pump, first aid kit, fix a flat (for other cars), gloves, misc tools, full size flashlight and a 12v spot light, lug nut wrench, jumper cables and a few other tools. I have a chair for the kids outdoor sports when they're playing and a couple of towels for the rare occasion that I wash my car, I have a couple of dusters and a fire extinguisher and a JTK mount I believe. I keep this all in the car as I sometimes will drive out of state on a whim....

-Ian

mustang_trunk.JPG

Last edited:

Changes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
A tool kit, box of various cleaners/detail accessories (microfiber towels, bug cleaner, window cleaner, spray wax, tire shine, clay bar, etc). A milk crate holding an emergency blanket, rain poncho, roll of toilet paper, paper towels, and currently 3 bottles of water. And some old pieces of interior I've now upgraded, the new windshield wipers I couldn't stand and replaced.. Need to clean up my trunk. :)

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
w-many-bodies-can-ifit-in-my-trunk-so-far-31590431.png

Ajmack1970

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Tire iron, mini air compressor, a couple amps, a sub & box, a basketball 🏀, bball shoes, Gatorade, a bag with 2 screwdrivers & fixaflat spray & jumper cables. A funnel

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
high vis jacket, bag containing tyre pump and other things I forget. Truck net is hooked low down so as not to get in the way of the already small opening

boot.jpg

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost 101a
Mustang floor mat
Mustang cargo net
Rhino recovery strap and shackles
Shovel
Traction recovery mat
Leather gloves (standard and insulated)
Tow strap with hooks
Bag of salt
Foldable storage crates for all of the above

IMG_4808.jpeg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Nothing on top, like it should be :), except an OEM rubber mat. Underneath, the stock compressor, plus lithium jumper battery (a good one), flat tire repair kit (Stop'nGo), a 3mil trash bag, to use as a mat if needed (and not get dirty), 2 pairs of gloves, a couple of rags, a seat cover, and that's about it.

Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Basic toolkit with wheel lug sized socket, torque wrench, several large 'hospital' blankets, at times a jack (def during road trip), and some microfiber rags with detail spray.

I own one of those lithium jump start boxes, but I'm afraid of storing it in the car because of the heat 11.5 months out of the year. I think it gets to like 200F in the trunk.

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Very clean!

I thought about an air ride, but I already keep fresh noise in the trunk.
FB5D6965-D394-4BEB-9691-9BEE9451F0EF.jpeg
No messing around! love it! Have you upgraded stereo unit as well?

And thank you! I was fortunate enough to have a legend as far as I’m concerned do it. Kinda blows my mind it’s in my car.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
No messing around! love it! Have you upgraded stereo unit as well?

And thank you! I was fortunate enough to have a legend as far as I’m concerned do it. Kinda blows my mind it’s in my car.
I would like to incorporate both! The finished product in your setup is impressive and I aspire to emulate the level of craftsmanship.

Thank you, I have all the power I need to run anything I want. So much so that no amp even gets stressed in the configurations I have. I did not change the sync 3 head unit, but I did add an external controller for the dsp in front of the shifter. There are a couple processors under the amps in the spare tire well that do the magic.
I may have to remove the gear in the trunk to install the wiring for my now waiting for delivery active exhaust. If that’s the case, I’ll take pics of the tear down and rebuild.
Sponsored