Sponsored

Wet carpet

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
I posted this over in the uk forum but figured there's more chance someone over the pond has had a similar issue?
Basically yesterday I discovered the carpet in rear behind drivers seat (that's your passenger side) was soaking wet & same for driver footwell (again your passenger side). Soaking wet to the point if you pressed down on it water actually came to the surface. Other side of the car is fine.
I took all of the trim off the side and got my hand under the carpet & there was puddles of water and carpet absolutely soaked through. Took me a couple of hours to dry it all out with a hairdryer.
Checked it this morning and it's wet again, it hasn't rained overnight so all we've had is morning condensation as it still gets down to under 40f overnight.
I'm struggling to understand where it's coming from, very localised to one side of the car and just the foot wells front & back.
Has anyone else had this problem?
image.jpg
Sponsored

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
There is a leak in the cowl sealant. I would take it to the dealer to investigate. If you want or have to DIY remove the cowl trim and inspect all of the seals and sealant around the cowl (bottom of windscreen) many times the factory misses a portion of sealant around body seams and the water pours in. Also check the seals around the windshield wiper arms. Third but unlikely possibility is the cowl drains are clogged with leaves or pine needle debris. Since your car is so new I wouldn't think its the case.
Good luck
Steve

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
There is a leak in the cowl sealant. I would take it to the dealer to investigate. If you want or have to DIY remove the cowl trim and inspect all of the seals and sealant around the cowl (bottom of windscreen) many times the factory misses a portion of sealant around body seams and the water pours in. Also check the seals around the windshield wiper arms. Third but unlikely possibility is the cowl drains are clogged with leaves or pine needle debris. Since your car is so new I wouldn't think its the case.
Good luck
Steve

Had a quick look, doesn't look like you can get the cowl cover off without removing the wipers, unless I'm looking at the wrong thing
Sponsored