Sponsored

Wet carpet

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Does anyone else have a wet carpet problem? Just noticed behind the driver seat is soaking wet, I have mats in the back and it's wet enough to have soaked through. Not sure when or how it's happened, window closes ok & even if it didn't wouldn't really localise to under a car mat. Think I'll have to dry it off and see if it happens again
Sponsored

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
This is notorious on all makes of cars with frameless doors. The rubber seal doesn't hold its shape in time (surprised that it's this quick though) & leaves a tiny gap for moisture / rain to seep through. Manufacturers trick is to wedge a round rubber pipe into the seal to 'man' it up a little.

Either way its a Ford responsibility. I'd check the seals though... my moneys on it/them

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Agree, it's probably the frameless door seal.

Don't suppose you've jetwashed it recently? If you get too close the water will go straight through the seal. I went to a 'hand car wash' place years ago and the young lad put the jet right up near the window and soaked me! It was like the scene from 'Spy who Loved me', where Bond winds his window down and drops the fish out.

I had water in my Mustang the first time I washed it, just using a normal hose pipe. My seal looks a bit twisted and uneven, but been careful since and not had a problem.

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Just noticed under my carpet is soaking too, passenger side is fine. I did have the jet washer out last week. Will have to keep an eye on it

Actually just lifted the carpet where the flap is cut for the vin panel under the drivers seat, put my fingers in there and there's a puddle of water at the bottom! Investigated further by taking the side trim off, it's all wet
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458395358.490856.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Took a couple of hours to dry out the carpet yesterday, wet again this morning. Hasn't rained overnight, just morning condensation.
Something not right

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Took a couple of hours to dry out the carpet yesterday, wet again this morning. Hasn't rained overnight, just morning condensation.
Something not right
Back to the dealers.... :frusty:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Something not right
Have a check in the boot. I had a Ford that leaked through the back lights, into the wheel well which then crept forward. Also worth doing a reset on the auto window drop (when you open/close the door). Can get messed up if you've had the battery disconnected at all.

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Have a check in the boot. I had a Ford that leaked through the back lights, into the wheel well which then crept forward. Also worth doing a reset on the auto window drop (when you open/close the door). Can get messed up if you've had the battery disconnected at all.
Boot is dry, windows are fine and its only the drivers side + it didn't rain overnight and somehow the carpet is wet again .. condensation running in ?
I posted over in the American forum too & had a reply saying its probably a seal around the cowl. Can't get to that though without removing the wipers by the looks of it.
Visit to the dealers tomorrow then :doh:

Sponsored

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Boot is dry, windows are fine and its only the drivers side + it didn't rain overnight and somehow the carpet is wet again .. condensation running in ?
I posted over in the American forum too & had a reply saying its probably a seal around the cowl. Can't get to that though without removing the wipers by the looks of it.
Visit to the dealers tomorrow then :doh:
Was you the guy who had the paint problems? You don't have much luck if it was you.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Was you the guy who had the paint problems? You don't have much luck if it was you.
He had paint issues. Dent. Dent again (iirc) and now this. So yes, not much luck for having the #6/500 champs league cars

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
He had paint issues. Dent. Dent again (iirc) and now this. So yes, not much luck for having the #6/500 champs league cars

Probably one for your things to check when picking up your car list [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] . I'll be checking mine given the time it spent in a Baltimore snowdrift.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Probably one for your things to check when picking up your car list [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] . I'll be checking mine given the time it spent in a Baltimore snowdrift.
Oh my god, don't you worry I'll be checking everything. Bringing my missus and parents to also look with me, mind you they all wear glasses ;)