Sponsored

Went to the dealer for a SYNC3 update. AWFUL!

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
That is how mine looks after I got the SW off the website, with my in. Looks good, especially better than the earlier version that was on the car in October when I bought it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
O.L.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
Certainly understand how you feel but 3.4 came out six months ago. You have been a member since 2019. There have been a number of threads on Sync 3.4, some specifically about the color palette. A little homework would have saved you time and aggravation. Just a little tip for the future. Also, if you really hate it that much, get Forscan and change it.
The thing is that I didn't ask for an update. My screen went all black a couple of weeks ago and I had my oil change planned for today. I told the dealer what happened. Told me they would look at it. When they brought it out, the update was done.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The thing is that I didn't ask for an update. My screen went all black a couple of weeks ago and I had my oil change planned for today. I told the dealer what happened. Told me they would look at it. When they brought it out, the update was done.
That sucks, but they probably thought they were doing you a favor. So now you have two choices. Leave it as is or change via Forscan. Going back to 3.3 is really not an option.

OP
OP
O.L.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
That sucks, but they probably thought they were doing you a favor. So now you have two choices. Leave it as is or change via Forscan. Going back to 3.3 is really not an option.
The worst part must be the night mode. I was use to have the black background. The dark blue seems really akward. For now, it will stay that way. The only thing that I can do is to make a complaint to Ford. Going back isn't in my plan. In winter, losing the heating isn't really a good plan. The only thing that was working when my screen went black was the rear wiew camera. I lost radio, heating, Bluetooth.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was super pissed when I changed to Sync 3.4 too; that awful girly blue was a complete deal-breaker for me. But fortunately, FORScan to the rescue. I went with the dark gray Lincoln there, plus the Ford Performance splash screen (not model specific, so great), and got rid of ALL the blue on that screen, finally. The only thing that lost was the shutdown animation, but I don't care; MUCH better than the blue Ford one. By the way, the regular gray Lincoln theme is also the same color as the keys, which is also the case with the new blue 3.4 one, so I switched to dark mode, and now the contrast it perfect. And yes, it dims at night, so very pleased with the new (and more unique) look. Get an OBD-II adapter, and change it. Let me know if you need the codes, but I've posted them in several threads. Hope this helps.
Sponsored