Sponsored

Went over a bump in the road and think my tires did some rubbing. Now I feel vibrmations more in

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Steering wheel. Was going about 120 km/hour and it wasn't a speed bump, just a natural slight bump in the road and didn't see with sun in my eye. When I "landed" (didn't actually get any air time), heard a rubbing sound. I didn't buttom out (I think) but it sounded more like rubbing but also never "rubbed" before. I have 20/35/275 tires on a base GT. Last time I posted a topic like this and I took it to Ford it turned out to be nothing so I'm going to also say there's a 50% chance it's all in my head, and that's why I'm asking here.

Feel vibrations a bit more at higher speeds. It's not terrible, and I can't be sure if it's in my head. I can't even remember now if I always felt vibrations through steering wheel a lot or if it's actually cause of what happened. Nothing else done suspension wise, just those aftermarket tires. It's not a pulsating vibration, more constant and quick.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
bent wheel

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
is it most noticeable at one speed and goes away some once you go faster? usually around 65mph then gets less noticeable around 80mph. sorry I don't know what that converts to in kilometers
Sponsored