Sponsored

Wengerd vs PBD vs Lund, which is the best?

Wengerd vs PBD vs Lund

• Total voters

piersonriley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pierson
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT MT82 in Antimatter Blue
Hope to get opinions from people who have them, pros and cons. I've heard Wengerd is good if you're supercharging or doing forced injections, PBD is best for speed and high end performance, and lund is best for overall feeling. Which one would you guys recommend?
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
That’s a loaded question…. You will get a thousand different answers and opinions. They all do a great job with the coyote platform and all in all that’s a great thing for us. I think it comes down to what your goals are and what F/I you will be running. I went with the Wengerd due to a couple friends having great success with them and followed suit and have not been let down yet. Rob at PBD and Lund have both been around a long time and tune some pretty badass cars. So once again I say it is a loaded question and comes down to personal preference.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i feel like everyone is just gonna recommend who they are tuned by or tell you to stay away from someone they didnt have a good experience with.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Lund.... Not sure where you got your initial option but they all tune well. They all tune fast cars. Lund just has better customer service.

OP
OP

piersonriley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pierson
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT MT82 in Antimatter Blue
i feel like everyone is just gonna recommend who they are tuned by or tell you to stay away from someone they didnt have a good experience with.
That's what I'm hoping for.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Your dead on. Here's my personal experience of all three...

Lund- great tuning for the last 4 years on multiple set ups and quick responses everytime.

Pbd- slow to respond so I never gave them a chance.

Wengerd- never responded and then was a douche when I mentioned it on the forum.

So out of the big 3, Lund has never given me a reason to switch.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Lund.... Not sure where you got your initial option but they all tune well. They all tune fast cars. Lund just has better customer service.
Chris I’ve never really heard anything bad about Lund but unfortunately he does not tune 18+ Roush SC so it left some of us to choose other tuners.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Wengerd- never responded and then was a douche when I mentioned it on the forum.
100%. Or he thinks it's a personal attack trying to "defame" him when in fact it wasn't. Dude has issues, that's for sure.

OP: As for the other 2 that you asked about. Whoever is cheaper.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Chris I’ve never really heard anything bad about Lund but unfortunately he does not tune 18+ Roush SC so it left some of us to choose other tuners.
I can understand that. I always shop around for prices on things. Even if the deal you have is good, there might be something out there better. As far as s550 Tuning goes though, poor customer service gave me every reason to stick with the known best.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I can understand that. I always shop around for prices on things. Even if the deal you have is good, there might be something out there better. As far as s550 Tuning goes though, poor customer service gave me every reason to stick with the known best.
I totally get it no one likes a bad taste in their mouth!

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Lund or Wengerd.

pittzy23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Dont think you can really go wrong with any of them. My buddies PBD tuned blower car (Rob) runs strong. we all know what Jr., Alex, and the crew at Lund are capable of, as they tune some of the fastest coyote vehicles out there. I went with Wengerd this time around and have had great results with the car. as far as customer service, the guy has responded to me almost immediately on holidays / late at night / etc. which is what pushed me to give them a try. no regrets.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
The guys are Lund have top tier service IMHO. I can’t speak for the other tuners - but Lund answers all my questions from small to big questions and they don’t make me feel stupid when I ask something dumb af. I’m new to the platform so I’m still learning a lot every day - but they have done nothing but steer me in the right direction. That makes me appreciate them a lot.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
I had excellent customer service from PBD. They responded within a day of every email I sent them. They took the time to make sure the car was perfect! I've seen a lot of people complain about cold starts with E85 and they had my tune on point. The car would start perfectly even on low 40 degree mornings. I have a Roush phase 2 supercharger on my 2020 and it made 750whp on E85 with only exhaust and fuel mods. Drivability was better than stock in my opinion and the shifts with the A10 were crisp.
Sponsored