Welp here's a new LOUD ticking sound.

Yoda1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Well ladies and gentlemen, looks like another one might bite the dust here. This past weekend it started making this really loud ticking sound. (Different from the typewritter tick, this ones ones really consistant on timing).

I had the 2k rpm rattle before this and took it to the dealership about 8 months ago and they did nothing about it for the 2 months they had it, before i got feed up and asked for my car back. I should have just went through buy back then.

Now i have this and am taking it to another dealership tomorrow. Anyone got any guesses whats going on?
Did you ever resolve the problem? I’m having the same exact sound on my 2015 ecoboost and I’m out of warranty
Sponsored

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well ladies and gentlemen, looks like another one might bite the dust here. This past weekend it started making this really loud ticking sound. (Different from the typewritter tick, this ones ones really consistant on timing).

I had the 2k rpm rattle before this and took it to the dealership about 8 months ago and they did nothing about it for the 2 months they had it, before i got feed up and asked for my car back. I should have just went through buy back then.

Now i have this and am taking it to another dealership tomorrow. Anyone got any guesses whats going on?

Bump, 2019 same noise same location, i also have additional overall engine shake then i did before, i was thinking ac compressor belt / bearing? Mine happened after a high rev miss shift into 3rd.

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Spydrbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2
I am having the same noise, drivers side front of engine. Thought it was a pulley going bad, but I think it might be this. Mine is way more noticeable when the engine is cold though. I have an appointment on Tuesday to have it looked at.

Last edited:

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I am having the same noise, drivers side front of engine. Thought it was a pulley going bad, but I think it might be this. Mine is way more noticeable when the engine is cold though. I have an appointment on Tuesday to have it looked at. Wonder how detrimental it is to drive it until then?

Mine is not there when cold, which is in line with the TSB, If your's is there Cold might be something else. good luck on tuesday, and make sure you stress they need to cold start to hear with the dealer.